• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Damage replacement questions
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi, so I am a new member with CGC and plan to send in many comics and need to know how potential future issues may be handled.

Scenario 1: CGC grades my comic as a 9.8 but the comic is damaged encapsulating it and it is shipped without noticing the damage. I receive the comic and notice the damage but it clearly isnt shipping damage. Does CGC owe me another 9.8? Just need to clarify so I know what the process is.

Scenario 2: Same as above but CGC notices the damage before shipping. Do they regrade it with the new damage caused or do I get a new 9.8?

Thanks for clarifying this for me!

• Administrator

Hello, our Quality Control team reviews all slabs before they get shipped out, but in the event that a slab is damaged upon delivery you can contact our customer service team about getting it sent in for a Reholder. As long as the book was not compromised with the damage the grade should stay the same. Hope this helps answer your question.

37 minutes ago, Habby2324 said:

Hello, our Quality Control team reviews all slabs before they get shipped out, but in the event that a slab is damaged upon delivery you can contact our customer service team about getting it sent in for a Reholder. As long as the book was not compromised with the damage the grade should stay the same. Hope this helps answer your question.

Hi thanks for the quick response. 

My question involves the book being compromised by CGC when encapsulating, damaging a 9.8 so it no longer is. I'm working on my business plan and need to know whether or not I need to account for shrinkage from CGC, or if they insure the grade given until it reaches you safely.