• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 129
2 2

15 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

I had one exactly like that with the tiny scuff on the back. It came back an 8.5.  My clean one was a 9.4

Thanks for the feedback. It was a 9.0, white pages, with a few pressable dings holding it back. Sent it in to be pressed and regraded. Came back 8.5, unpressed. 

Maybe got dinged for the printers ink on the back? 

1 minute ago, MatterEaterLad said:

Thanks for the feedback. It was a 9.0, white pages, with a few pressable dings holding it back. Sent it in to be pressed and regraded. Came back 8.5, unpressed. 

stain around upper staple on the FC is the most glaring defect imo that keeps the book in the 9.0+ range...maybe slightly higher with press

7 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

stain around upper staple on the FC is the most glaring defect imo that keeps the book in the 9.0+ range...maybe slightly higher with press

Not staining, per se. Offset ink smudging. I didn't think books were downgraded for printing errors, at least not until a book is closer to 9.8? (shrug)

On 3/19/2021 at 9:14 AM, MatterEaterLad said:

precisely what occurred. The ink was a dot yellowish/ with red that was about 1/16th in diameter. A drop/ drip if you will and in my mind a production defect but nothing more.