• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are we expected to put up with this ?
2 2

308 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Tiers shouldn't be suspended, but they have to be prioritized.

yes, as they always are. The post I originally responded to wanted other tiers suspended until his tier was caught up

9 minutes ago, Bird said:

I think "flip their spare Marnies" should enter the cgc lexicon.

maybe as a custom title  "flips his spare Marnies"

giphy-1.gif.35747877acdde258061d6ec2ec1601ef.gif

Marine Flipper Approves!

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Is it Friday yet?

43 minutes ago, Snooze Fest said:

No orders are being skipped.

I'm not complaining cuz it is what it is. But stating they arent being skipped isn't true. If I have submissions in from January well past the time frame of return passing, and then you send in a standard submission(which seems to be taking precedence) sent in this month yours will be done and returned before mine is started. I have submissions in to test this out. To me that seems to be skipping if your order is already well past the estimated time frame..I just see standard as being processed above other submissions even months after...

4 minutes ago, Captmorgan7288 said:

I'm not complaining cuz it is what it is. But stating they arent being skipped isn't true. If I have submissions in from January well past the time frame of return passing, and then you send in a standard submission(which seems to be taking precedence) sent in this month yours will be done and returned before mine is started. I have submissions in to test this out. To me that seems to be skipping if your order is already well past the estimated time frame..I just see standard as being processed above other submissions even months after...

yes they have some sort of system to prioritize (lets be fancy and call it an algorithm). It is the VIP rope at the club, big spenders get right in. But the TATs reflect this, so is it really skipping? Semantics I guess, but it is set up that way.

For comics, I really look at it hard if I am considering "value" tier as it takes forever compared to other possible tiers.

I myself just send them in and forget about them; they come back when they come back and nothing you can do will change that, no amount of checking the submission page (F5 that bad boy!). Once you decide to send them in you are at the mercy of the system, but that is not a surprise in fact it is the way the system is set up.

slabbing and the quick flip  flipping them Marnies is really not possible due to the time lag. You have to be prescient and submit before others realize that they can flip dere Marnies too, it has to be home already when the item gets hot. Or4 you can pony up and pay more for quicker service. cgc is not printing money for you, they take advantage of the speculator market but are in the game to provide a service, which just happens to increase value more often than not.

Good luck card people! It works out in the end, hopefully with increased value but also in lessons learned.

im-from-the-93ldnw.jpg

"I just want to say I got my Marnies back today and I am floored. They look great. I am very happy with the grades, some seem a little low (especially my Japanese Marnie 90.602? What happened there?)  but overall I am extremely pleased. It took forever but now that the prodigal Marnies have returned I want to say thanks and I will only be using cgc for my Marnies going forward."

I kill myself. 

I'm here all Friday people!

1 minute ago, Snooze Fest said:

They paid more to cut you in line. That's not skipping to me (shrug)

It's like freaking out at a Amusement Park when someone else paid for a Fast Pass to skip the line.

The only thing that happens is you get ejected from the park. 

44 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

It's like freaking out at a Amusement Park when someone else paid for a Fast Pass to skip the line.

The only thing that happens is you get ejected from the park. 

Thing is if you were told your gonna be able to ride in a hour and the line lasts for 24 hours + you would get a free trip to the park and compensation. Perfect example of this .

5 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Thing is if you were told your gonna be able to ride in a hour and the line lasts for 24 hours + you would get a free trip to the park and compensation. Perfect example of this .

Honestly, if Disney had demand that made their lines explode on the scale you reference, they would absolutely increase prices and would sell premium tickets to high rollers who wanted to skip the line. 

1 minute ago, Ron Churches said:

Honestly, if Disney had demand that made their lines explode on the scale you reference, they would absolutely increase prices and would sell premium tickets to high rollers who wanted to skip the line. 

Many people would be compensated at Disney happens all the time they don't want to be sued. Increasing prices is one thing but lieing/adding extreme /drastic time changes Is different.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

6 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Had more than once I waited in line for hours , that the sign next to me said approximate wait time from this point 20 mins. There was no compensation.  Sometimes things happen. 

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Had more than once I waited in line for hours , that the sign next to me said approximate wait time from this point 20 mins. There was no compensation.  Sometimes things happen. 

I'm talking about the whole day for one ride that you didn't even get to ride yet you stood in line all day so that your ticket wasn't worth even buying. Kind of like this situation.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

10 hours ago, Sp33dy said:

Angel of death, ur jokes are not funny. U continue to be cgcs fire extinguisher. U know nothing is going correct so ur trying to belittle or make ppl feel wrong for the way they feel about their service. I wish we all had small brains, but sorry buddy when we feel things are wrong we speak up. I know u jus accept anything and everything thats done to u but not everyone is like that 

Hi.

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I'm talking about the whole day for one ride that you didn't even get to ride yet you stood in line all day so that your ticket wasn't worth even buying. Kind of like this situation.

If this was the scenario these guys would jus be happy and say I guess it must be fun, lets wait 5 hrs even thought it said 20 mins. They clearly know they would be pissed off to the max but try and be kool like its ok

1 minute ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Yeah, no they wouldn’t do that. If the whole park shut down that’s one thing. It’s not their fault you decided to stay in line all day when there are plenty of other rides.

2 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

This was the situation when the new star wars park opened.  They did offer some comp. Since they have changed the way this entire process is done. You register to ride. You get a time then get called when it's your turn.

3 hours ago, Snooze Fest said:

Oh, were supposed feel sorry for flippers? :roflmao:lol

You aren't supposed to feel sorry, and as if you wouldn't sell your extra Marnies while the market is hot. I'm holding onto the majority of my order for long term purposes, and yeah, whatever, I want to sell a few cards so I can make more cards (resulting in more cards needing to be graded, see how this economy works now, kid?). You telling me that's not what this is all about?

Edited by The Nameless One