• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BRZRKR #1 1:1000
1 1

147 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, god503 said:

1st issue sold about 620000 copies.  Which means there are only 620 copies of the signed cover 1:1000....  rarity has value my friend...  :baiting:   don't hate the player...  hate the game.  (thumbsu

Right now, but it's only rare until he does more signings as I'm positive he will.  Especially if a movie comes out.  He will definitely do appearances and signings to promote it and I doubt it'll cost 1k.  I'll have my rarer brzrkr books prepped and ready.  

9 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

That's not how 1:1000 works though is it?  I thought that meant that a retailer had to buy 1000 copies to get 1 copy of the 1:1000 variant.  If every retailer in the country were to buy 999 copies, then theoretically, no 1:1000 would be sold.  I'm also led to believe that the printer may print a certain number of copies and that stock of ratio variants could find other ways into the marketplace.  All his is to say that even if 620,000 copies of the book sold, that shouldn't equate to 620 copies of the 1:1000.

For every 1000 copies u get 1 1:1000  2  1:500  5 1:200. Etc. They are like 15 variant covers.   Not to mention there is a rumor that Keanu will not sign any of the 1st issues outside of the initial insetive to help make the 1:1000 unique.  Again just a rumor I heard. Dont quote me on it. 

2 hours ago, juniorMC said:

Right now, but it's only rare until he does more signings as I'm positive he will.  Especially if a movie comes out.  He will definitely do appearances and signings to promote it and I doubt it'll cost 1k.  I'll have my rarer brzrkr books prepped and ready.  

The 1:1000 variant was only available during the pre order period.  U can't get one after the fact to get signed.  It won't exist

Here is something I just realized.   Because the publisher teamed up with cgc for the 1:1000 signing, the CGC registry will have an accurate total of how many copies exist since it went from publisher to signing to cgc directly.  

I know next to nothing about comics... Keanu is a big name, Netflix picked up the movie rights, and there is an animated show to follow. My question was essentially to see if the 2k price point was too high despite all the hype surrounding this comic, limited signing opportunities, and upcoming BRZRKR related entertainment. I've heard mixed reviews on the art and story line (I personally like it, but please reference my fist sentence) so I was curious if that impacts value. 

3 hours ago, god503 said:

Here is something I just realized.   Because the publisher teamed up with cgc for the 1:1000 signing, the CGC registry will have an accurate total of how many copies exist since it went from publisher to signing to cgc directly.  

This is a stretch.

3 hours ago, god503 said:

https://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=BRZRKR&issue=1&publisher=Boom!+Studios&year=2021&issuedate=2/21 is this what you are talking about?

21 hours ago, god503 said:

The 1:1000 variant was only available during the pre order period.  U can't get one after the fact to get signed.  It won't exist

So ru saying the 1:1000 cannot b purchased right now on ebay or that all the 1:1000 made are only sold with the sigs?

Edited by juniorMC

2 hours ago, juniorMC said:

So ru saying the 1:1000 cannot b purchased right now on ebay or that all the 1:1000 made are only sold with the sigs?

The ones on ebay are being sold by shops that ordered the 1000 copies just like my shop did to get the variant.  So u can buy it on ebay but publisher is not making more.. And yes the 1:1000 variant is signed only.  No selling blank. 

2 hours ago, god503 said:

The ones on ebay are being sold by shops that ordered the 1000 copies just like my shop did to get the variant.  So u can buy it on ebay but publisher is not making more.. And yes the 1:1000 variant is signed only.  No selling blank. 

You are and have made a ton of tooooooonnnnnn of assumptions that you are espousing as fact.  

I understand the enthusiasm, but there’s a lot of variables out there...

3 hours ago, revat said:

You are and have made a ton of tooooooonnnnnn of assumptions that you are espousing as fact.  

I am repeating the facts that were presented to me by people more knowledgeable about the situation than me.  If i am wrong....  THEN PROVE IT....  otherwise save YOUR assumptions. (thumbsu

On 3/23/2021 at 12:32 PM, nickdrizzle said:

At least my copy is not the 9.4 as I just saw it on sale on ebay.  Bidding starting at 1900 just for that one....  :flipbait:

looking at the ebay listing for the 1:1000 variant, three of them are being sold without a CGC grade.  I know boom set up this signing with cgc that after the signing they would go directly for grading and then shipped back to the shops.  This was done at the publishers office so the shops only touch them once they are graded.  I am going to assume these are cracked copies being sold as raw.  There is one that looks like in bad shape for a new print, I am going to assume that's the 9.2 on the registry as the 9.4 has its own listing. the other 2 I will assume they were 9.6's because no one in there right mind will crack a 9.8.  So I am going to assume that according to the registry and what is listed on ebay that there are only 3 9.6's left with the rest being 9.8's.

I want to assume this because i haven't received my copy yet and i was dreading the possibility of a not getting a 9.8  :shy:

17 minutes ago, god503 said:

looking at the ebay listing for the 1:1000 variant, three of them are being sold without a CGC grade.  I know boom set up this signing with cgc that after the signing they would go directly for grading and then shipped back to the shops.  This was done at the publishers office so the shops only touch them once they are graded.  I am going to assume these are cracked copies being sold as raw.  There is one that looks like in bad shape for a new print, I am going to assume that's the 9.2 on the registry as the 9.4 has its own listing. the other 2 I will assume they were 9.6's because no one in there right mind will crack a 9.8.  So I am going to assume that according to the registry and what is listed on ebay that there are only 3 9.6's left with the rest being 9.8's.

I want to assume this because i haven't received my copy yet and i was dreading the possibility of a not getting a 9.8  :shy:

I remember reading the comic shops that got these variants had the option to submit it for signature series grading but it was not required. CGC will not be offering the ss label unless the comic shop selected the grading option tho

Edited by nickdrizzle
Spelling

2 minutes ago, nickdrizzle said:

I remember reading the comic shops that got these variants had the option to submit it for signature series grading but it was not required. CGC will not be offering the ss label unless the comic shop selected the grading option tho

Interesting that a shop would willingly decline a cgc grade

20 minutes ago, god503 said:

Interesting that a shop would willingly decline a cgc grade

There are several people in the hobby that simply collect raw books and happy to do it.  I collect both.  So I do believe that there would be several people that would decline the CGC option.  No harm, no foul...to each their own.

I will add that mine got a 9.8!  So kudos to thecomicmonster for my CGC SS copy.    

8 hours ago, revat said:

A whole lot of them and ones that r rarer than the 1:1000