• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BRZRKR #1 1:1000
1 1

147 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, god503 said:

Jonboy Meyers gets in touch to tell me that he had a few copies of the 1:1000 BRZRKR #1 covers that are not signed by Keanu Reeves but instead are signed by him.  NOW YOUR GOING TO TELL ME HE WAS ABLE TO GET THEM BEFORE KEANU??????  :screwy:

Telling you anything seems pointless... :makepoint:

58 minutes ago, god503 said:

Jonboy Meyers gets in touch to tell me that he had a few copies of the 1:1000 BRZRKR #1 covers that are not signed by Keanu Reeves but instead are signed by him.  NOW YOUR GOING TO TELL ME HE WAS ABLE TO GET THEM BEFORE KEANU??????  :screwy:

I did not want to get involved in this rhetoric but it is common practice for the cover artist, writers, etc... to get several "comp" copies of the book....even before distribution.  It is entirely possible that Jonboy received his copies before Keanu.  

42 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

I did not want to get involved in this rhetoric but it is common practice for the cover artist, writers, etc... to get several "comp" copies of the book....even before distribution.  It is entirely possible that Jonboy received his copies before Keanu.  

Absolutely possible however they also could have waited to print them since they were based on. Pre orders from shops at a per 1000 clip.  I would assume to keep the royalties to the cover artist in check....  just a PLAUSIBLE explanation...

56 minutes ago, god503 said:

Absolutely possible however they also could have waited to print them since they were based on. Pre orders from shops at a per 1000 clip.  I would assume to keep the royalties to the cover artist in check....  just a PLAUSIBLE explanation...

Why ask a question that you already have a "plausible explanation" for but to only incite more rhetoric.  The sole reason I did not want to partake.  You seem to have an answer for every question/explanation/comment.  I regret chiming in.  

8 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

Why ask a question that you already have a "plausible explanation" for but to only incite more rhetoric.  The sole reason I did not want to partake.  You seem to have an answer for every question/explanation/comment.  I regret chiming in.  

Love your sketch thread and collection. Unfortunately several of these new threads have descended into a real dumpster fire due to just a few . Don't let the few jackwagons discourage you. Think half of them just want the attention.  Again really enjoy your collection and thread! :foryou:

Guy after 2nd game of the season:  Did you hear about White Sox rookie Mercedes Yermin?  He's freaking amazing! He started the season 8 for 8 with a homer and two doubles.  And he's a rookie so that means he's only going to get better.  I know he can't hit 1.000 the whole year, the averages will catch up to him but I'm sure he'll hit at least .500.

Everyone else:  You HOPE he hits .500? or you're SURE?

Guy:  My uncle played 3 years of minor league ball and says this the best prospect he's ever seen, so that means he'll be rookie of the year and MVP at this pace hitting .500 with at least 40 hrs.  There's a 162 games in a season, he's hitting a homer every other game so far, so that's like 80, I'm not saying he's that good, so 40 is a guarantee.  So yeah, I'm sure.

Everyone else:  You're making these conclusions based on a lot of assumptions.  Hoping for these things is one thing, but presenting them as fact is another thing entirely.

Guy:  He's 8 for 8 right now.  You think I'm wrong, prove he WON'T hit .500 the rest of the season with 40 hrs.  

Guy later in the season:  How was I supposed to know that teams take some time to learn how to pitch to rookies and they usually don't do as well their second time through the division?  How could i have known the even the best players don't hit .350?

Guy at the end of season:  See, he hit .300 with 20 hrs and 2nd in rookie of the year voting, so I was exactly right the whole time.

19 minutes ago, revat said:

Guy after 2nd game of the season:  Did you hear about White Sox rookie Mercedes Yermin?  He's freaking amazing! He started the season 8 for 8 with a homer and two doubles.  And he's a rookie so that means he's only going to get better.  I know he can't hit 1.000 the whole year, the averages will catch up to him but I'm sure he'll hit at least .500.

Everyone else:  You HOPE he hits .500? or you're SURE?

Guy:  My uncle played 3 years of minor league ball and says this the best prospect he's ever seen, so that means he'll be rookie of the year and MVP at this pace hitting .500 with at least 40 hrs.  There's a 162 games in a season, he's hitting a homer every other game so far, so that's like 80, I'm not saying he's that good, so 40 is a guarantee.  So yeah, I'm sure.

Everyone else:  You're making these conclusions based on a lot of assumptions.  Hoping for these things is one thing, but presenting them as fact is another thing entirely.

Guy:  He's 8 for 8 right now.  You think I'm wrong, prove he WON'T hit .500 the rest of the season with 40 hrs.  

Guy later in the season:  How was I supposed to know that teams take some time to learn how to pitch to rookies and they usually don't do as well their second time through the division?  How could i have known the even the best players don't hit .350?

Guy at the end of season:  See, he hit .300 with 20 hrs and 2nd in rookie of the year voting, so I was exactly right the whole time.

Really enjoyed that . (thumbsu

1 hour ago, ivdyer said:

How about people not high jacking a thread away from its original intention all to show that they are holier than thou...  add Delta to that comment as well... :preach:

43 minutes ago, god503 said:

How about people not high jacking a thread away from its original intention all to show that they are holier than thou...  add Delta to that comment as well... :preach:

Are you implying that I am "holier than thou?  

I simply provided you with a known possible explanation to your question 

2 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Are you implying that I am "holier than thou?  

I simply provided you with a known possible explanation to your question 

Says the person that accused me of inciting rhetoric... hm

9 hours ago, god503 said:

Says the person that accused me of inciting rhetoric... hm

Not an accusation, stating facts based upon this thread. 

Your assumption of me would be incorrect, verified by anyone who knows me or dealt with on this forum.

Please refrain from replying 

Edited by ivdyer

1 hour ago, ivdyer said:

Not an accusation, stating facts based upon this thread. 

Your assumption of me would be incorrect, verified by anyone who knows me or dealt with on this forum.

Please refrain from replying 

Opinion is not fact.  YOU can refrain from replying since YOU chimed in.

53 minutes ago, god503 said:

Opinion is not fact.  YOU can refrain from replying since YOU chimed in.

Not an opinion, it’s fact. Again, based upon the replies on this thread. 

Again, please refrain from replying and remember your arguing with someone that has the book and agrees with your assessment of the value of the book (the only thing I agree with for those that are following).

42 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

Not an opinion, it’s fact. Again, based upon the replies on this thread. 

Again, please refrain from replying and remember your arguing with someone that has the book and agrees with your assessment of the value of the book (the only thing I agree with for those that are following).

Your definition of a fact is lacking.  If my responses trouble you so much then feel free to hit the ignore button.   It will save you time instead of bloviating.

8 minutes ago, god503 said:

Your definition of a fact is lacking.  If my responses trouble you so much then feel free to hit the ignore button.   It will save you time instead of bloviating.

Never said I was troubled nor have I been at talking at length.  In fact your use of bloviating suits you more than me.  Engaging in trolls can be satisfying at times but as this thread shows your not worthy.   

8 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

Never said I was troubled nor have I been at talking at length.  In fact your use of bloviating suits you more than me.  Engaging in trolls can be satisfying at times but as this thread shows your not worthy.   

It's not your length that is the problem so much as your pompous self righteous attitude,  (since you made a point to reference your appearance to others).  BUT....  for the sake of harmony should you say something in the future that I may agree with I'm willing to end this.  Otherwise, feel free, I can do this it all day.