• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BRZRKR #1 1:1000
1 1

147 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2021 at 12:15 PM, god503 said:

I am repeating the facts that were presented to me by people more knowledgeable about the situation than me.  If i am wrong....  THEN PROVE IT....  otherwise save YOUR assumptions. (thumbsu

Well, not all of them were signed by Keanu only...

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/brzrkr-11000-signed-by-jonboy-meyers-rarer-than-those-by-keanu-reeves/

1 hour ago, DELTA 62 said:
On 3/24/2021 at 11:15 AM, god503 said:

I am repeating the facts that were presented to me by people more knowledgeable about the situation than me.  If i am wrong....  THEN PROVE IT....  otherwise save YOUR assumptions. (thumbsu

Well, not all of them were signed by Keanu only...

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/brzrkr-11000-signed-by-jonboy-meyers-rarer-than-those-by-keanu-reeves/

so if we go down the list, the following assumptions espoused as fact (even though someone very good looking clearly warned someone about that very thing) that are now clearly wrong:

On 3/22/2021 at 7:06 PM, god503 said:

1st issue sold about 620000 copies.  Which means there are only 620 copies of the signed cover 1:1000....  rarity has value my friend...  :baiting:   don't hate the player...  hate the game.  (thumbsu

On 3/23/2021 at 5:28 AM, god503 said:

The 1:1000 variant was only available during the pre order period.  U can't get one after the fact to get signed.  It won't exist

On 3/23/2021 at 5:44 AM, god503 said:

Here is something I just realized.   Because the publisher teamed up with cgc for the 1:1000 signing, the CGC registry will have an accurate total of how many copies exist since it went from publisher to signing to cgc directly.  

On 3/24/2021 at 5:40 AM, god503 said:

The ones on ebay are being sold by shops that ordered the 1000 copies just like my shop did to get the variant.  So u can buy it on ebay but publisher is not making more.. And yes the 1:1000 variant is signed only.  No selling blank. 

The thing is, he actually did qualify some of his other statements to not be quoted on them or that he was making assumptions.

Words matter.  Especially when a print run is so small, there's a huge difference between "for sale from retail" and "existing copies", and possibly even a difference with "print run".  Something advertised with an original 600 print run may have had 20-100 extras printed in case of unforeseen damage, depending on the situation (with the public never knowing how many extras were printed or how they were distributed).  And independent of how many copies are pre-ordered by shops, other copies could be printed for the artist, the writer, corporate bosses, charity stuff, or in this case the big name actor doing the signings.  That's why making absolute statements about known/unknown copies of limited variants is so perilous and the onus is on the person making the claim to back it up.

On 4/5/2021 at 1:35 PM, DELTA 62 said:

U,realize, this article is more than a week after I stated my claim based on the info I had at the time back in February  You plan on hold me to it??..  a little revisionist don't you think?

On 4/5/2021 at 3:03 PM, revat said:

so if we go down the list, the following assumptions espoused as fact (even though someone very good looking clearly warned someone about that very thing) that are now clearly wrong:

The thing is, he actually did qualify some of his other statements to not be quoted on them or that he was making assumptions.

Words matter.  Especially when a print run is so small, there's a huge difference between "for sale from retail" and "existing copies", and possibly even a difference with "print run".  Something advertised with an original 600 print run may have had 20-100 extras printed in case of unforeseen damage, depending on the situation (with the public never knowing how many extras were printed or how they were distributed).  And independent of how many copies are pre-ordered by shops, other copies could be printed for the artist, the writer, corporate bosses, charity stuff, or in this case the big name actor doing the signings.  That's why making absolute statements about known/unknown copies of limited variants is so perilous and the onus is on the person making the claim to back it up.

I believe I specifically said I was repeating information presented to me at the time which was back in February.   

On 4/5/2021 at 1:33 PM, DELTA 62 said:

To each their own...

Maybe you can answer WHY would they decline to get graded THEN turn around to sell it on ebay.....  some shenanigans maybe???

And also unless John boy refuses to sign the 1:1000 variant ever again when he does signings, how rare would it be then?  I can tell you I'm looking to find out when I take my copy to him... 

44 minutes ago, god503 said:

Maybe you can answer WHY would they decline to get graded THEN turn around to sell it on ebay.....  some shenanigans maybe???

The simple answer is that not everyone wants their books graded and slabbed.  No shenanigans - just simple preference.  Its not really that hard to understand.  

56 minutes ago, god503 said:

U,realize, this article is more than a week after I stated my claim based on the info I had at the time back in February  You plan on hold me to it??..  a little revisionist don't you think?

Philosophical question: is it revisionist if it's actually correct - at least more correct than the original presented view?  Anyways...

Well, you did invite someone to "PROVE IT" if you were wrong.  Chronologically, such proof must come after your taunt.  So no, I don't think it is revisionist when you openly invite anyone to prove you wrong and then someone does.

17 minutes ago, DELTA 62 said:

The simple answer is that not everyone wants their books graded and slabbed.  No shenanigans - just simple preference.  Its not really that hard to understand.  

If your flipping it to make money then it doesn't make sense.  We are talking about in your hand for a total of 30 seconds before listing it...

1 minute ago, DELTA 62 said:

Philosophical question: is it revisionist if it's actually correct - at least more correct than the original presented view?  Anyways...

Well, you did invite someone to "PROVE IT" if you were wrong.  Chronologically, such proof must come after your taunt.  So no, I don't think it is revisionist when you openly invite anyone to prove you wrong and then someone does.

U are assuming I was taunting.  Which was not the case.  However if you are going to say my assertion is incorrect then yes prove it instead of just saying your wrong....  

5 hours ago, god503 said:

If your flipping it to make money then it doesn't make sense.  We are talking about in your hand for a total of 30 seconds before listing it...

Not everyone buys a comic book so they can flip it...