• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help, ID the artist/signature?
1 1

35 posts in this topic

About seven years ago I attended a construction industry convention (CONEXPO-CON/AGG) in Las Vegas where the Toshiba booth had an artist doing caricatures. Although there’s a good chance the artist has nothing to do with comics I would still like to identify the artist if possible.

61BFFCBF-664C-4829-AF50-B6CCB78821A9.jpeg.87c1e8d4a90fab7c98462d8abb5769b6.jpeg

I just got this Spider-Man headshot jam started by another collector and am trying to identify the artists.

2yPglIz.thumb.jpg.50760f5b2d77842dd7cea5445c746de9.jpg

Three of them are Pablo Marcos, Michael Zeck, and Glenn Fabry obviously. Who are the other three? One looks like "EMEK '17!", one is "Craig" something, and one I can't tell either the glyph or signature- something D... Ross?

On 3/18/2021 at 11:38 AM, MIL0S said:

About seven years ago I attended a construction industry convention (CONEXPO-CON/AGG) in Las Vegas where the Toshiba booth had an artist doing caricatures. Although there’s a good chance the artist has nothing to do with comics I would still like to identify the artist if possible.

61BFFCBF-664C-4829-AF50-B6CCB78821A9.jpeg.87c1e8d4a90fab7c98462d8abb5769b6.jpeg

I have no idea who the artist of this is but the signature looks like it may say "Vela." I have a coworker named Vela, but the only art he's good at is con. LOL!

15 hours ago, Will_K said:

top middle - Ed McGuinness

lower right - Dave Ross

Craig Young ??

I can see how the bottom middle could be read as "Craig Young," but I can't find a comic book artist by that name. Anyone have a lead?

3 hours ago, malvin said:

There is a Craig Yeung.  not sure if he did your jam though.

Bam! That's it! Thanks so much.

OK, now for the other one I got. It has Rodney Ramos on the top tier, and Kevin Conrad and Bob Wiacek on the bottom tier. But who are the two artists in the middle?

HDYzxYX.thumb.jpg.5a1965dd7fbc2718766b6ddcaa521424.jpg

1 hour ago, RBerman said:

Bam! That's it! Thanks so much.

OK, now for the other one I got. It has Rodney Ramos on the top tier, and Kevin Conrad and Bob Wiacek on the bottom tier. But who are the two artists in the middle?

HDYzxYX.thumb.jpg.5a1965dd7fbc2718766b6ddcaa521424.jpg

Mike Manley above Bob Wiacek, maybe ? Looks like his classic "M" signature.

8 hours ago, PixelPusher said:

For the Batgirl jam, middle left looks like older stylized signature of Marcus To (https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1249022) and the middle right looks like Dean Kotz (https://www.instagram.com/deankotz/). Both are style matches as well.

Thanks so much! Never in a million years would I have figured either of those out.

I do believe you're right!  Thanks so much. This next one may be so generic as to be impossible.

1626706632_Jampiece(2).jpg.b9cb72bdb26840b808aac2031efba0dc.jpg

It seems to be unsigned, though there is this little squiggle near her right glove that could be a signature glyph, or could just be a wrinkle in her jacket: 

VoW8lTy.jpg.8e0628e6fb7f547ef3e2b4fad7854769.jpg

OK hive mind, I picked up this 1994 Jam piece from San Diego Comic Con. Almost as good as being there, right? Not really, but I was a poor grad student at the time. Anyway, some of the attributions I have figured out, but I need help with some:

qvDnqT7.thumb.jpg.ff13c4401c107d09bd346bf791c8768c.jpg

1) Who is the Deathstroke artist whose signature glyph appears to be one triangle inverted inside another?

2) What female character is W.C. Carani doing in the bottom left? It looks kinda like Jade, but maybe not.

3) Who is the penciled cartoon character in the bottom left, and what artist?

4) Is Derec Aucoin's dragon-thing any particular character?