Help, ID the artist/signature?

13 posts in this topic

About seven years ago I attended a construction industry convention (CONEXPO-CON/AGG) in Las Vegas where the Toshiba booth had an artist doing caricatures. Although there’s a good chance the artist has nothing to do with comics I would still like to identify the artist if possible.

61BFFCBF-664C-4829-AF50-B6CCB78821A9.jpeg.87c1e8d4a90fab7c98462d8abb5769b6.jpeg

I just got this Spider-Man headshot jam started by another collector and am trying to identify the artists.

2yPglIz.thumb.jpg.50760f5b2d77842dd7cea5445c746de9.jpg

Three of them are Pablo Marcos, Michael Zeck, and Glenn Fabry obviously. Who are the other three? One looks like "EMEK '17!", one is "Craig" something, and one I can't tell either the glyph or signature- something D... Ross?

On 3/18/2021 at 11:38 AM, MIL0S said:

About seven years ago I attended a construction industry convention (CONEXPO-CON/AGG) in Las Vegas where the Toshiba booth had an artist doing caricatures. Although there’s a good chance the artist has nothing to do with comics I would still like to identify the artist if possible.

61BFFCBF-664C-4829-AF50-B6CCB78821A9.jpeg.87c1e8d4a90fab7c98462d8abb5769b6.jpeg

I have no idea who the artist of this is but the signature looks like it may say "Vela." I have a coworker named Vela, but the only art he's good at is con. LOL!

15 hours ago, Will_K said:

top middle - Ed McGuinness

lower right - Dave Ross

Craig Young ??

I can see how the bottom middle could be read as "Craig Young," but I can't find a comic book artist by that name. Anyone have a lead?

2 hours ago, RBerman said:

I can see how the bottom middle could be read as "Craig Young," but I can't find a comic book artist by that name. Anyone have a lead?

There is a Craig Yeung.  not sure if he did your jam though.

Malvin

3 hours ago, malvin said:

There is a Craig Yeung.  not sure if he did your jam though.

Bam! That's it! Thanks so much.

OK, now for the other one I got. It has Rodney Ramos on the top tier, and Kevin Conrad and Bob Wiacek on the bottom tier. But who are the two artists in the middle?

HDYzxYX.thumb.jpg.5a1965dd7fbc2718766b6ddcaa521424.jpg

1 hour ago, RBerman said:

Bam! That's it! Thanks so much.

OK, now for the other one I got. It has Rodney Ramos on the top tier, and Kevin Conrad and Bob Wiacek on the bottom tier. But who are the two artists in the middle?

HDYzxYX.thumb.jpg.5a1965dd7fbc2718766b6ddcaa521424.jpg

Mike Manley above Bob Wiacek, maybe ? Looks like his classic "M" signature.

I'm not familiar with Manley, but in some examples I found, he writes out his signature:

R5Kanh3M_2401211810581gpadd.jpg.1a18dee4b6d1a2602fae2f85030aa565.jpg

Whereas the Batgirl example looks more like stylized initials:

1460442780_HDYzxYX(2).jpg.e66a200c1082fa3475e49561d75ae22d.jpg

Is it KRM maybe?

8 hours ago, PixelPusher said:

For the Batgirl jam, middle left looks like older stylized signature of Marcus To (https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1249022) and the middle right looks like Dean Kotz (https://www.instagram.com/deankotz/). Both are style matches as well.

Thanks so much! Never in a million years would I have figured either of those out.

2 hours ago, RBerman said:

Thanks so much! Never in a million years would I have figured either of those out.

My pleasure. I love these kinds of questions and I was happy I was able to help.