• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is going on with all the dirty inner wells?

8 posts in this topic

This is my first ever Ask CGC post, but what is going on with all these dirty inner wells? Can we get some explanation or statement that indicates cgc is aware of the issue and will address it en masse rather than continuing to send out dirty slabs that are potentially damaging the books they encapsulate? Some sort of mass cleaning to ensure a return to prior standards and cleanliness seems necessary. It is really unsettling to LOOK at these posts with examples of dirty inner wells and excessive amount of scratches so I can only imagine what the owners feel like. I won't be sending in any comics at this time due to fear of getting a dirty book back.

Thank you for your time and for listening.

• Administrator

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your message. If you have a specific example you can email that information to our customer service department and we can check further for you.  If it is something you just received back, we can have you send it back for a complimentary reholder.  You can reach our customer service department at: submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thanks!

On 3/24/2021 at 9:48 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your message. If you have a specific example you can email that information to our customer service department and we can check further for you.  If it is something you just received back, we can have you send it back for a complimentary reholder.  You can reach our customer service department at: submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thanks!

Jennifer, here's the thread where three boardies mentioned having dirty inner wells.  We appreciate the top notch customer service provided by CGC in rectifying these issues, but it seems that these should have been caught at the Quality Control stage.

Need advice - Just Received a book back from CGC, the case is filthy on the inside - Comics General - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

On 3/24/2021 at 12:48 PM, Jennifer F. said:

Good afternoon,

Thanks!

Jennifer,

You've been very helpful and extremely pleasant on these boards, but please do not feign ignorance on this issue. The original question did not concern a specific occurrence of this problem, but rather if CGC is going to publicly address this very common and concerning issue - that quite frankly has been going on for far too long. CGC's customers have concerns, they should address it ... the silence is deafening.

• Administrator

Hi, we definitely appreciate your feedback and I have forwarded your message on to our Operations Manager.   We are happy to replace any defective or damaged holders but the reality is that the majority of holders that we ship back are just fine.  We ship thousands of books back each week and only a very small percentage of those have any issues. But again, if you do notice an issue with your book when it is received, all you have to do is reach out to us and we will happily reholder that for you at no charge.  

If you have any other questions or issues, please let us know.  Thank you!

Same thing just happened to me on a reholder submission. Waiting for a response form cgc. It made me paranoid and I had to go back through all my slabs to make sure they were clean. It looks more like scuffing/scraping inside the slab but I guess dirty is a relative term.