• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dylanthekid Nomination for the Hall of Shame - Poll Included
12 12

Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 01:35 AM

799 posts in this topic

FINAL NOTE:  dylanthekid has been permanently banned from the forum.  While his regular account was on a temporary suspension, he was caught making several shill accounts so he could continue making posts.  This is against forum rules and his account was consequently banned.

NOTE:  I have been made aware that dylanthekid has been suspended from the forum until 3/25/2021.  The poll on this nomination was originally set to end at 8pm on 3/26/2021.  However, some people may wish to hear from Dylan before voting.  So, I have edited the poll and extended the end date on it to allow him a customary 3 days in order to respond to it.  The poll will now end at 8:35pm on 3/28/2021.

Update:  Dylan has begun replying to this thread via email.  Those replies are being added to the thread beginning here as they come in.  If you don't wish to search out each message from the email exchange, I have combined them all into one convenient post which can be viewed here.

Nomination for dylanthekid to be added to the CGC Hall of Shame.  @dylanthekid

This nomination is being based on the following Hall of Shame rule:

b) The Hall Of Shame is for serious transgressions. For example, selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package. Interfering with someone's business. Being a multiple offender.

The poll for this nomination will run for 1 week 9 days and will end on 3/26/2021 3/28/2021 at 8:35 pm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On March 12th, 2021, board member @Polonsky started a sales thread here which consisted of several books, including a CGC 9.6 Giant Size X-Men #1 listed for $17,500.

Dylanthekid reached out to Polansky on Instagram to try to work out a deal for this book.  I asked Polansky to forward that Instagram conversation to me, which he did.  Instead of posting it in dozens of screen shots that are hard to follow, I am going to transcribe it "word for word" below.  It starts off innocently enough, but takes a negative turn later in the conversation.  If anyone wants a particular screenshot of any portion of this conversation to verify it.....simply send me a PM and I will be happy to forward it to you.

Spoiler

Dylanthekid:  Hey, Lee.  What can you do on the GSX 1?  Remember it's off-white NOT white.

Polonsky Hey, Dylan.  Hope all is well.  I'm open to offers on everything, so let me know your thoughts.

Dylanthekid:  Able to send me some close ups?  Of spines and corners?  I wouldn't ask if wasn't serious Lol.

Polonsky:  I don't have any close up pictures, but I'm able to get them when I go to my bank.  Assuming it is solid, around where would you be on price?

Dylanthekid:  If I like the pics, probably 16.  Could be more, depends if I like them or not.

PolonskySounds good.  I'll try to get them today.  Have to make an appointment at my bank.  I'll see what pictures I do have.

Dylanthekid:  Thank you.

Polonsky:  I have these (multiple pictures posted)

Dylanthekid:  Not zoomed in enough.  I'm sorry.

PolonskyI'll get better ones. (additional pictures posted)

Dylanthekid:  Hard to see

Polonsky(More pictures posted)  From looking at all grades in GPA, I'm feeling pretty firm on this one, but let me know where you'd be if interested, and I'll give it consideration.

Dylanthekid:  I gotta send these pics to client.  Assuming he's happy we'd be at 16.

PolonskyThat's too low for me, but I do appreciate the offer.

Dylanthekid:  It's exactly where I said I'd be this am lol.  "If I like the pics, probably 16".  Where are you at on it?

PolonskyI understand, and I have been giving it thought and my lowest price would be 17k.

Dylanthekid:  And if it was white I'd pay that!  Guy who wants 9.6 wants nice pages.

Polonsky:  I 100% understand.  I was planning on posting it here on IG tomorrow at 17.5 or 18 and seeing what happens.  I love it so I'm not in a big rush to sell it, but as the clown says in the beginning of the dark knight, "that's a lot of money".

Dylanthekid:  I'm at 16 but I'd give you 15 all cash.  Cash is king.  If you love it, don't sell it.  If you wanna sell it, take the 16.

PolonskyYou're right.  I meant like it a lot.  The comics I actually love I don't want to sell at all, so there's definitely a difference.  I'll see what this weekend brings, and will possibly circle back to you soon to see if you're still interested.  It's definitely a fair offer and I appreciate it.

Dylanthekid:  Interested now at that price, might not be later.  Spent a TON this month.

PolonskyIf you're not, I more than understand.  At this moment you're at 16 and I'm at 17, and if you change your mind at any time without a deal made, then no worries at all.

Dylanthekid:  That's fair.

PolonskyI have spent a few schmekels myself lately.

Dylanthekid:  What do you do for work?

PolonskyBuy and sell comic books mostly.

Dylanthekid:  Really?  Mostly?

PolonskyI do well in the stock market, but that requires no time.  I spend my time working with comics and other collectibles.

Dylanthekid:  Ahhh.  Other collectibles.  I see.  You daytrade?

PolonskyNot at all.  My dad is a financial advisor, so I make long term investments.

Dylanthekid: Where does the money come from for those investments?  You've never worked a job?  Ever????

PolonskyOther investments going back many years.  My dad has been doing it a long time and has been a long time coin dealer, so I had a nice head start.  I started by taking coin profits and buying comics.  Ha Ha I've worked many jobs.  Check this out.  Gas station attendant, bus boy, food runner, waiter, doctors office manager, bridge league caddy, and I feel like maybe some others.  I have a terrible degenerative back, and working real jobs has become difficult.  I moved into dealing and making my own hours and so far so good.  Do you work a job?

Dylanthekid:  Wow.  Those are hard jobs.  I've never worked a job.  Actually, I did shovel snow a few times, and I tutored chess back when I was seasoned in tournaments, but now just comics.  I want a side job but everybody pays s**t lol. 

PolonskyHaha nice.  It was good life experience and I'm happy I did it when I did, and happy to be in only comics now.  I did my share of shoveling back in the day.

Dylanthekid:  I'm too much in comics.  Need change of scenery. 

PolonskyWhat scene do you envision?

Dylanthekid:  Loud music, half naked girls, and legos. Oh wait, you mean the side job scene.  lol.  Not sure.  Something not comics.  Still figuring it out.  Probably will work for myself.

PolonskyYou wouldn't believe how many Lego sets I have built in the past year.  Pretty much buying every big set ever and when I started quarantine a year ago to this day, I set out to build one bag a day, and so far so good.  Loud music involved too.  There's a lot of collectible markets and ways to work for yourself.

Dylanthekid:  It is insane how much Lego sets I built 15 years ago are worth sealed.  I sent pics to client.  $16.5k.  I have never bought a book from you!  Let's do this lol.

PolonskyThat does make it more enticing.  I'll meet you in the middle of these two numbers at $16,750, but that is really the lowest I would go.  Let's do this.  If we do get together, I would like either a check overnighted or a wire tomorrow.  Let me know if those are doable if we get together.

DylanthekidOh you want no fees.....I see.  16 was a super fair offer and you know it.  How about 16?  Call me 516-XXX-XXXX.

PolonskyI'm going to pass.  I'm going to post it tomorrow like I had planned.

Dylanthekid:  You won't call me to talk it over?  I had a few other questions. 

PolonskyLet me know.  There are several PMs about it (the book) on the boards.  Not trying to strongarm, just letting you know.

DylanthekidCan you call me?  Dude cut it out.  516-XXX-XXXX.  Will take 5 f***ing minutes.  No, Lee.  I guess your time is too valuable for me to ask you questions and try to make a purchase of a 16-17k comic........for 5 minutes.  Seriously?  WHAT IS HAPPENING?  I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.  I do respect myself enough to not take being disrespected.  If you disrespect me, I will publicize it no matter the consequences.

Dylan then included a screen shot showing part of this conversation along with the following comment beneath it indicating he was going to publicly post it.

Very Nice guy right here named Polonsky as you can see.  Ignores what I say and then continues talking.

Dylan then posted a screen shot showing that he had added their conversation screen shot to his "Story" on Instagram so all of his followers would see it.

I respect myself so much, Lee, that I don't give a flying f*** what you or anybody else thinks.  You cannot say the same.  And what threats did I make?  Zero.  Don't lie please.

Dylan then started contacting Polansky (as well as Polansky's father) on other social media platforms and by phone.  Here is a transcription of some additional messages sent through the PM systems on the boards.

Spoiler

Dylanthekid:  Please call me thx, I have a few questions, if you don't wanna give me your number do *67?  I thought we were friendly but I'm starting to feel disrespected that you can't spend 5 minutes on a 16 17k comic.

PolonskyDylan.  Please refrain from contacting me.  I do not wish to do business with you now, or in the future. 

Dylanthekid:  What is your problem?  I was trying to discuss more details about the book and buy it and then you ghosted me.  What is going on?  I do not understand. 

Dylanthekid:  I will do no such thing and you better have a damn good explanation for disrespecting me.  I'm a really nice guy but people who screw with me often regret it, because I do not give a f***.

DylanthekidYou will call me up like a man and talk out what is going on if you want me to do anything you request.

DylanthekidEven though Danielle (I believe this is another collector that is a girlfriend or wife of a board member) and I hate each other, you really gotta disrespect me to make that happen.  Call me up, talk out whatever is going on like a man and I will cut ties with you peacefully. 

Here is a screenshot of some of the calls Polonski received from Dylan last night.  Polonski said that Dylan was not only calling him, but he was calling Polonski's father as well.  Polonski wouldn't answer the phone or return the calls.....so Dylan just kept calling over and over.  I've blacked out some of the unrelated calls....but everything in red was a call from Dylan.

Spoiler

DylanCalls.jpg.fed30a9e5b3e0f324fad99b385ff7dae.jpg

When Dylan was unable to force Polonsky to speak with him is when I believe Dylan broke the Hall of Shame board rule by attempting to interfere with Polanski's business.  Dylan started a thread nominating Polonsky to the probation list, even though Polonsky had clearly not broken any rules.  He appeared to simply be doing it in retaliation for Polonsky cutting off communication with him in what seemed to be an attempt to hurt Polonsky's reputation.  

The thread has since been hidden by the moderators, but I, along with several other board members, were watching it as it unfolded.  Dylan himself even admitted in the thread that Polonsky hadn't broken any rules......skypinkblu should still have access to that thread and could likely verify this if needed.

Based on all of this information, please make your decision by voting in the included poll at the top of this post.  Thanks.

Edited by Domo Arigato
Fixed some spacing issues.

I am not sure about all the rules for HOS.  Thankfully these nominations do not come up as often as PL.

Is it acceptable for Domo to nominate Dylan or does the aggrieved party (in this case @Polonsky have to make the nomination)?

Just want to make sure everything is done in accordance to the rules.

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

Polonsky asked for my help in drafting up the nomination.

Similar to the way the last few nominations were drafted by Buzzetta at the request of the harmed parties.

Fair enough.  Thanks for the clarification and for taking all the time to write this up.

44 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Polonsky asked for my help in drafting up the nomination.

Similar to the way the last few nominations were drafted by Buzzetta at the request of the harmed parties.

I was hesitant to share this because I didn't want to get in the middle, but I think Dylan was way out of line and the entire picture should be clear to everyone.

Last night after I posted in the thread asking Dylan to knock it off, he sent me a PM with a screen shot of part of his conversation with Lee.  

I didn't respond, but seeing the entire conversation posted here, it's clear Dylan was trying to take @Polonsky out of context to make him look bad.

Its another example of intentionally misleading people in order to hurt Lee's reputation.

I try to be very level and fair through all of these nominations. I've taken some unpopular positions in an effort to bring levity to various situations.  I've even defended Dylan in the past when I felt he was unfairly being railroaded.  

With that said  Lee was nothing but professional and respectful to Dylan. And for that he was unnecessarily berated, his father was harassed and Dylan tried to hurt his reputation and business. 

In my opinion his conduct crosses several lines and seeing the entire conversation in context makes me really angry about the PM from Dylan last night. Intentionally misleading people to tarnish someone else's repetition can't be allowed. 

Dylan's screen shot below - this all he sent me with a subject like "polonsky's actions aren't PL worthy" quoting what I said in the thread. 

He should probably get additional HOS consideration for failing to charge his phone!

Screenshot_20210318-223303_Instagram.thumb.jpg.126e4a80fd6fc56cecec9756f0e9b6db~2.jpg

1 minute ago, speedcake said:

Danielle, I believe, is NerdyGirl or nerdy_girl_comics on instagram. She drew Dylan's ire a while back when she took him down over his dealings with the CGC labels RE the resto non disclosure stuff.

That's her.  I knew I had recognized that name from an earlier incident involving Dylan.  Thanks for the clarification.

I'm not a hundred percent sure.....but I think she might be the girlfriend or wife of another board member as well.

2 minutes ago, speedcake said:

Danielle, I believe, is NerdyGirl or nerdy_girl_comics on instagram. She drew Dylan's ire a while back when she took him down over his dealings with the CGC labels RE the resto non disclosure stuff.

Thank you for posting the full Instagram communications. With the full context of what happened, it seems crystal clear to me that Dylan is not a person I'd ever want to deal with and is completely out of line for what he did by trying to nominate Polonsky and get him black balled in the comic book community. 

"I've never worked a job."  yeah, it shows.  Zero honor, and it's troubling how fast he went from nice guy to "I'll burn your house down."

I don't doubt he has made a list and checked it twice. 

Question is: Is this an adult temper tantrum or how he normally does business? I lean towards the latter, and as I said earlier there is no room for that anywhere. 

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

That's her.  I knew I had recognized that name from an earlier incident involving Dylan.  Thanks for the clarification.

I'm not a hundred percent sure.....but I think she might be the girlfriend or wife of another board member as well.

She is. They hardly post here anymore, but in the past they sold mega-keys here on the boards. Now they operate off of other on-line platforms. 

Her and her husband are good people and have a good nose for "all things rotten". 

Just now, joeypost said:

I don't doubt he has made a list and checked it twice. 

Question is: Is this an adult temper tantrum or how he normally does business? I lean towards the latter, and as I said earlier there is no room for that anywhere. 

We don't have many examples of how Dylan does business, but the ones we do have are just no good.

4 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

yeah, I think so. And I'm sure she has an account here as well.