• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dylanthekid Nomination for the Hall of Shame - Poll Included
12 12

Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 01:35 AM

799 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

I'm pretty sure an admin can ban anyone out right in particularly egregious cases. I know Arch could, and did, in the past

Arch sure knew how to wield the ban hammer!

7 minutes ago, wehatecomicdylan@gmail.com said:

Something definitely needs to be done about Dylan. However, if we make him HOS, we do not incentivize good behavior whatsoever from him. He can become Dupcak or forge Ditko signatures like that guy with NO consequences. We cannot have him hit rock bottom, where do you think terrorists come from? We hate comic dylan now, but as Bird correctly pointed out, we don't have to if he actually had the balls to change. Please email me proposals for an intervention

So who exactly are you?

not everyone is here to make the world a better place. some of us are just flippin' Marnies man. some of the dealers here offered to mentor IIRC, so he had his chances. who knows how long that good will remains

7 minutes ago, wehatecomicdylan@gmail.com said:

Something definitely needs to be done about Dylan. However, if we make him HOS, we do not incentivize good behavior whatsoever from him. He can become Dupcak or forge Ditko signatures like that guy with NO consequences. We cannot have him hit rock bottom, where do you think terrorists come from? We hate comic dylan now, but as Bird correctly pointed out, we don't have to if he actually had the balls to change. Please email me proposals for an intervention

and you keep my bird out of your mouth!

4 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

So who exactly are you?

you can tell us, pretty please?

:-)

he is too calm to be dylan I would think

Edited by Bird

38 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

I'm pretty sure an admin can ban anyone out right in particularly egregious cases. I know Arch could, and did, in the past

A admin can ban someone but it's not likely to happen. Arch banned very few people, there were many times he said "no".

7 hours ago, Red84 said:

Does inclusion in the HOS require a mere majority in the poll?

Yes, there is no stipulation that it must be a "super majority". The rules only specify that it is decided by a poll. 

The poll and what qualifies for inclusion are the two things that separate the HoS from the PL, but it is important to note that otherwise procedurally the HoS is to follow the PL rules. 

Practice is that once a nomination has been made, the HoS poll is conducted over an extended period and it supersedes the 72hr rule, but still provides time for the nominated member to respond with their side of things. While it does not say so explicitly, it is imo clear in the intent of the PL rules that a member nominated to either the PL or the HoS should have time to respond assuming they are able. 

"c) If the accused is not available during that 72-hour period and is placed on the PL, they are free to later respond in the Probation Discussion Thread and present their side."

If I understand correctly that Dylan has been suspended for a week then that must be accounted for, as he is clearly unable to answer. In the case of the PL it is serious but not as prejudicial to the member, since they can come off the PL as fast as they went on it. But because the HoS is an extended poll and once on the HoS a majority would again be needed to remove, it would seem to me to be even more vital that he have a chance to speak for himself before he goes on. 

To be clear, I am only raising this if indeed he has been suspended and is technically unable to post. 

11 hours ago, skypinkblu said:
11 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

The poll won't close until 3/26.  He will of course be free to come in here and post after his suspension is over on the 25th, however, I don't believe his response is required for a Hall of Shame nomination. 

The full conversations were posted so people can base their decisions on the facts and vote in the poll accordingly.

I posted because I didn't know if you knew he couldn't post till the 25th and I just don't see the need to rush. If it's going through a few extra days wouldn't change it. I haven't read the HOS rules in a while, but even if a response is not REQUIRED,it's definitely not precluded and  I still believe in being fair, even when one of the parties does not appear to have been fair. 

It's like chicken soup...it can't hurt;)

Anyway, I plan to hold off voting till after his suspension is up, if I miss the deadline, so be it.

Please don't get me wrong, I was not happy about seeing that thread yesterday. It was nothing less than extremely thoughtless and childish at minimum and perhaps a lot more.

[my bold above] I think that the opportunity to respond is indeed required. Its one thing if you can and can't be bothered, but if you have been locked out it is another thing. 

1 hour ago, Jeffro. said:

By the way, am I the only weirdo on this forum who doesn't hand out his phone number willy nilly to just anyone? I learned my lesson after giving it to @Park

This will certainly leave me to second guess the practice..

Just now, crassus said:

[my bold above] I think that the opportunity to respond is indeed required. Its one thing if you can and can't be bothered, but if you have been locked out it is another thing. 

He's blocked until 3/25, that much I can see.

41 minutes ago, wehatecomicdylan@gmail.com said:

It is not "our" place to provide incentives for good behavior to someone who has been willing, repeatedly, to engage in poor behavior. We are not training a pet, we're dealing with an adult (regardless of behavior to the contrary) and a businessman.

If Dylan is willing to do those things because he is restricted from conducting business on these boards, or even banned from them, then all that means is that he is willing to do those things. All that means is that punitive action is even MORE warranted.

Also, I'd encourage admin action regarding the account I'm quoting here. It is some combination of obvious shilling, ban evasion, or outright trolling, and there's no reason to allow the drama level here to escalate by indulging any of those things.

33 minutes ago, wehatecomicdylan@gmail.com said:

Please do not include things you cannot prove. It delegitimizes what he actually does. Same with whoever said he forged Ditko signatures. If you include opinions that's fine but if the water gets muddy he is gonna say see these boardies went crazy and made stuff up. Do what you want, but if you look at my posts I dont spread misinformation. Now back to the roasting!

Aliens, the member that forged Ditko signatures, ADMITTED to forging Ditko signatures.  There was no opinion about it.   Members here had purchased the forged books, he felt guilty and refunded their money as people started questioning the legitimacy of the signature.   The only speculation was to whether or not the signatures he had already submitted to CBCS and then subsequently sold were forged.