• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dylanthekid Nomination for the Hall of Shame - Poll Included
12 12

Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 01:35 AM

799 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Interesting lecture from someone who's been here for a very short period of time. hm

We had people in here last night that had been a member for 12 hours knowing the depth of every rule and process there is in this place...

5 minutes ago, PKJ said:

We had people in here last night that had been a member for 12 hours knowing the depth of every rule and process there is in this place...

Well, he is an expert. He's made a career out of studying the forum and how to create new names. Think of all the good he could have done.

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Well, he is an expert. He's made a career out of studying the forum and how to create new names. Think of all the good he could have done.

He coulda been Spidey, but he plumped for the Green Goblin.....

13 hours ago, thehumantorch said:
15 hours ago, Superman2006 said:

I'm sorry to read about everything that has transpired :sorry:

I don't know what the rules are for starting a HoS vote, and I know that some hate adding more rules (which I can understand), but in fairness to any party being voted on for the HoS, I personally think that HoS voting should not begin while the party subject to the vote is on a CGC imposed vacation. While on vacation, they can't really defend themselves (which in general for someone being voted to the HoS might be tough to do), but IF they had a valid defense, then by the time they come off of vacation, it might be too late to sway the vote, even if they have 3 more days thereafter. Now if the vote had already started before they went on vacation, then perhaps that's on them... I'm guessing that in most cases, holding off on starting the vote until someone isn't on vacation wouldn't make a difference in the outcome of the vote, but nonetheless, it just seems like the right thing to me to do (even if the offending party may not have done the right thing), and it wouldn't really delay the ending time of the vote, if the clock on the vote ending time doesn't stop until 3 days after they've returned from vacation. I'll stop there as this post is turning into a wall of text, ha ha. Just my two cents; interested to hear what others think...

Expand  

I hate to say it but I agree.  By the time Dylan gets back and can defend himself, so many votes will be cast that he won't have a hope of changing the outcome.  Granted when he comes back I know he's gonna say some really ignorant crud that could only work against him.

Just got up-to-date on this thread. 

It would have been much more preferable to open up voting after both parties were able to present their sides of the story.   

People voted after hearing only one side of the story, which isn't optimal.  It's like buying a car without driving it first.  

1 minute ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

It would have been much more preferable to open up voting after both parties were able to present their sides of the story.   

People voted after hearing only one side of the story, which isn't optimal.  It's like buying a car without driving it first.  

It won't matter...if/when Dylan decides to respond, it will only result in a disaster...anyone that has previously read the book of Dylanthekid, already knows how it ends...

1 hour ago, Funnybooks said:
1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

It won't matter...if/when Dylan decides to respond, it will only result in a disaster...anyone that has previously read the book of Dylanthekid, already knows how it ends...

In this case, I agree with you.

But in the future, we need to let the jury hear from the defense before they make a decision. 

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon
greggy is a dork

31 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

In this case, I agree with you.

But in the future, we need to let the jury hear from the defense before making a decision. 

I guess theoretically if he has some amazing Perry Mason moment that changes everyone's mind we could redo the HOS poll since this is an informal proceeding.

5 minutes ago, kav said:

I guess theoretically if he has some amazing Perry Mason moment that changes everyone's mind we could redo the HOS poll since this is an informal proceeding.

His pattern is already far too established for any brief moment of clarity to change many, if any minds.  I think it’s a foregone conclusion that he’s going in the HoS, and it will take years of socially acceptable conduct and reputable business practices to earn his way out.

20 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I will just say 1 was definitely Stu, and the jury is still out on the other one.

Sussing out Stu is a simple 3 step process.

1) Engage him in small talk.

2) Mention you're friends with Borock

3) Say that Alan Moore is the most overrated writer in the history of comic books.

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

Sussing out Stu is a simple 3 step process.

1) Engage him in small talk.

2) Mention you're friends with Borock

3) Say that Alan Moore is the most overrated writer in the history of comic books.

Sometimes I think you're Stu.🤔

10 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Since we don't have any relationship, let alone one where we can joke around with each other, I would ask you to retract that.

11 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I can always spot stu-he has a certain ryhthym in his user names.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

I can always spot stu-he has a certain ryhthym in his user names.

With respect kav, it ain't exactly hard. He always brings a machine gun to a knife fight.

5 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Since we don't have any relationship, let alone one where we can joke around with each other, I would ask you to retract that.

Man you are one piece of work. Okay I retract the statement,  but I was just kidding with. I am sure that everyone reading this  knows that I was kidding with you.