• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dylanthekid Nomination for the Hall of Shame - Poll Included
12 12

Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 01:35 AM

799 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, DocHoppus182 said:

If it was Dylan, is that not ban-worthy?  I mean, come on.  

I already know that there are some people in this thread that should not be throwing stones at glass houses.  The audacity and hypocrisy of some is laughable, pathetic, and proves a point. 

2 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Once upon a time on the Boards, there was a kid who was 'fostered' by several boardies. Shown kindness and compassion, given every opportunity to grow. On here and outside of here.

He on people from a great height, committed fraud, theft, and generally ran amok.

Just sayin'.

I remember this tragic tale

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I already know that there are some people in this thread that should not be throwing stones at glass houses.  The audacity and hypocrisy of some is laughable, pathetic, and proves a point. 

AggravatingWelltodoIndianrockpython-size_restricted.gif.a020405cba8580b9b4d5c158d0f4e323.gif

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I’m not privy to a lot of the past board drama, so I’m not sure who you’re referring to.

1 minute ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I’m not privy to a lot of the past board drama, so I’m not sure who you’re referring to.

With no disrespect intended, you are not supposed to.  Those that this refers to, will clearly know that it refers to them.

4 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

The poll won't close until 3/26.  He will of course be free to come in here and post after his suspension is over on the 25th, however, I don't believe his response is required for a Hall of Shame nomination. 

The full conversations were posted so people can base their decisions on the facts and vote in the poll accordingly.

I posted because I didn't know if you knew he couldn't post till the 25th and I just don't see the need to rush. If it's going through a few extra days wouldn't change it. I haven't read the HOS rules in a while, but even if a response is not REQUIRED,it's definitely not precluded and  I still believe in being fair, even when one of the parties does not appear to have been fair. 

It's like chicken soup...it can't hurt;)

Anyway, I plan to hold off voting till after his suspension is up, if I miss the deadline, so be it.

Please don't get me wrong, I was not happy about seeing that thread yesterday. It was nothing less than extremely thoughtless and childish at minimum and perhaps a lot more.

13 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Look I may be opinionated,  but I never did anyone wrong in the 13 years I've been here.😇

5 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Do people on this board believe in second chances, or do they just write people off?

Second chances to do what? Treat another upstanding member of the community as awful as he's treated others already?

There are other comic book forums, he is still free to buy and sell comics on all the other platforms available to him, maybe he'll learn something from being rebuked by this particular community.

At any rate, it doesn't sound like he'll be banned, even if he's added to the HOS. He'll just not be selling or buying here. *shrug*

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Look I may be opinionated,  but I never did anyone wrong in the 13 years I've been here.😇

Right now there is brown goo coming out of your ears, that is how full of it you are. lol 

Edited by Buzzetta

5 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Do people on this board believe in second chances, or do they just write people off?

Depends on the people Chris.

As regards Dylan, if people want to give him the benefit, that's fine by me. They can arrange an open top limo around Sarasota for him.

I'll even bake a cake.

I just won't be dealing with him.

1 minute ago, speedcake said:

Second chances to do what? Treat another upstanding member of the community as awful as he's treated others already?

There are other comic book forums, he is still free to buy and sell comics on all the other platforms available to him, maybe he'll learn something from being rebuked by this particular community.

At any rate, it doesn't sound like he'll be banned, even if he's added to the HOS. He'll just not be selling or buying here. *shrug*

Oh my bad...I wasn't referring to Dylan and 2nd chances. I mean I was aware of the IG feud with Danielle, who is an amazing woman and collector, and it was unfair of him to say something about her and I was quick to defend her. I'm aware of the thread  he created yesterday, which is pure nonsense. I've heard rumors of his selling practices which some may deem swarmy at best- that is what bothers me the most, if you aren't completely legit in this game then try a different hustled.Do I think he should be banned- no.

I think he needs to do some serious reflection.

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I posted because I didn't know if you knew he couldn't post till the 25th and I just don't see the need to rush. If it's going through a few extra days wouldn't change it. I haven't read the HOS rules in a while, but even if a response is not REQUIRED,it's definitely not precluded and  I still believe in being fair, even when one of the parties does not appear to have been fair. 

It's like chicken soup...it can't hurt;)

Anyway, I plan to hold off voting till after his suspension is up, if I miss the deadline, so be it.

Please don't get me wrong, I was not happy about seeing that thread yesterday. It was nothing less than extremely thoughtless and childish at minimum and perhaps a lot more.

I understand and don't really want people rushing to vote either.  At the very least, I hope everyone is reading the entire first post before casting a vote, which is why I tried to keep it to just the facts as much as possible.  The entire conversations were posted, so hopefully people will read them and be able to come to their own conclusion.

Now......having said all of that......I don't hate Dylan.  I think he has some issues that need to be addressed.  Do I think this is the place for that to happen?  I do not.  

But, to be fair to those members who do wish to wait until they hear Dylans side if he chooses to voice it once his suspension is over......I am going to edit the initial post with a note about Dylan being suspended until 3/25....and those that wish to hold off on voting may want to cast their vote on the 26th before the poll closes.

3 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Depends on the people Chris.

As regards Dylan, if people want to give him the benefit, that's fine by me. They can arrange an open top limo around Sarasota for him.

I'll even bake a cake.

I just won't be dealing with him.

Are you mad at me for being peeved with Liverpool and going at them the way I did in the Fifa forum- trust me it was all jokes- yeah I'm choked about how they have played lol

I think Dylan has had a lot of chances- let him post bit no buying or selling

4 minutes ago, Red84 said:

I would like more clarity on the alleged calls to @Polonsky's father. How did Dylan get his dad's number? Did he know it was Polonsky's dad and not Polonsky. What did he say to his dad?

I believe in one of the deleted threads that Polonsky mentioned his fathers number was also on his business cards.....and that Dylan must have had one of them.

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

On a serious note it was a easy yes vote for me.  I'm trying to Ignore his recent history of posts and just look at this event.

Once Polonski tells Dylan to stop contacting him, Dylan's behaviour is very concerning.  Rather than recognize there's a problem and respect Polonski's request to back off Dylan becomes aggressive and accelerates his attempt to contact Polonski.  And to go beyond that and attempt to contact his father?  Totally unacceptable

And this

"Call me up, talk out whatever is going on like a man and I will cut ties with you peacefully"

There's a unstated 'or else' .  Talk to me inand I will leave you alone, otherwise it won't be peaceful.  It's a threat and posting this crud on instagram to attack Polonski's rep is probably the or else.

Dylan has some serious problems.  

I agree Dave