• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Displaying/hanging books
1 1

30 posts in this topic

I thought about just using the command strip directly on the slab, but I decided I didn't want to put adhesive on them.

So, I took a look at a combo of what some of you folks said. I think I like it, still some work to be done, but it looks good in general. Just have to find the raw's I actually want to display. and get a few more shelves, etc...

20210324_215533.thumb.jpg.7d508dc0bfe2b97181f18446bc160a4e.jpg

On 3/22/2021 at 10:36 AM, ExNihilo said:

Funds are tight at the moment, but I've settled on these for when I decide to eventually hang some slabs.

Amazon.com: ECC FRAMES Economy Graded Comic Book Frame (CGC/CBCS with UV Resistant Acrylic): Home & Kitchen

Amazon.com: Collectible Grading Authority Comic Book Display Case & Stand for CGC Graded Comics: Home & Kitchen (there are two versions of this.  The link is for the stand, but there is a separate one that can be hung.)

Triple Comic Book Frame with Classic Moulding | Perfect Cases, Inc. (I was only specifically looking at hanging 3 books, but there are other frames for hanging 2 or 4 books.)

But, if I'm honest, this seems to be the most contemporary looking case and is probably what I am leaning towards:

UV-FLEX Display Case | CGC/CBCS/PGX Slab Frame | UV-Protected Acrylic (crafticomics.com)

Ooh thanks for these links. Ive been looking for some UV protective cases for slabs.  

Downstairs where the sun light isnt so bad Ive used those holders fission bomb linked. Work a bit better then thumb tacks and helpful for centering for me

I like those holders fisionbomb linked. That's what's holding the 2 books to the left of the poster. I got a pack of 5 so I'll use them up and see if it's the only solution I want to use going forward or not.

10 hours ago, Mirkinator said:

Ooh thanks for these links. Ive been looking for some UV protective cases for slabs.  

Downstairs where the sun light isnt so bad Ive used those holders fission bomb linked. Work a bit better then thumb tacks and helpful for centering for me

On 3/22/2021 at 2:18 PM, Fisionbomb said:

I purchased a few of these a few months back and used for my key issues in a display case. Works fine as I save my wall space for prints, etc. 

I would think command strips on CGC mylar bag would be a pretty decent hold.  I have tried the Comic Mount by CollectorMount and I am not impressed myself.  I would not trust it with anything of worth.

If I had a good place for slabs I would likely use some sort of J channel "shelf" as an alternate.

So it looks like I'm late to this party but I'll share anyway for future readers

The cheapest option I found (going to set it up when my first order comes back) are the MOSSLANDA shelves from Ikea, it's like $15 and it's about 3.5 feet. This is the link from Ikea Canada, perhaps there is a similar product on the american site. I just found the ikea product to be a way better price than amazon.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/mosslanda-picture-ledge-black-70292104/

There is also a variety of products to protect your slabs from UV light which is a good idea if your room gets lots of sunlight, I've never used this one so idk how it looks on your slab but I found this online:

https://thecollectorsresource.com/uv-blocking-front

I only have 2 slabs atm (very new to collecting slabs), so I keep them on Easel's so they aren't just propped up against walls. They were about $6 at Michael's, just make sure u get big enough and sturdy ones as you obviously don't want your slabs to fall over

e1.jpg

e2.jpg