• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mylar Shortage?

12 posts in this topic

I just spoke with eGerber and was told that they aren't currently taking orders for mylar. They didn't have a timeline for resuming sales, but I didn't think to ask if this is pandemic related. They directed me to BCE, but prices have kept me away from them for a long time now. I noticed that others are experiencing shortages (especially in 4 mil products) - I am hoping that this is simply COVID at work and that eGerber will start sales again in a few months. I would prefer not to pay 2-4x elsewhere. :sick:

1 hour ago, MOStateSuperman said:

I just spoke with eGerber and was told that they aren't currently taking orders for mylar. They didn't have a timeline for resuming sales, but I didn't think to ask if this is pandemic related. They directed me to BCE, but prices have kept me away from them for a long time now. I noticed that others are experiencing shortages (especially in 4 mil products) - I am hoping that this is simply COVID at work and that eGerber will start sales again in a few months. I would prefer not to pay 2-4x elsewhere. :sick:

aiya, that's terrible.  eGerber is cheaper than everyone else by a long shot. Good thing I tend to order in the hundreds, so I should be ok for a few more years!

Malvin

43 minutes ago, malvin said:

aiya, that's terrible.  eGerber is cheaper than everyone else by a long shot. Good thing I tend to order in the hundreds, so I should be ok for a few more years!

Malvin

Same. The only issue is I seem to have run low in the wrong year! Looks like I am back to itoyas for the next few months - hopefully the story will be different when I check in again.