• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which of the 4 Marvel's major universes have more key issues, FF vs X-Men vs Spider-Man vs Avengers?
1 1

51 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, IronMan_Cave said:

Disagree. Marvel's biggest, baddest villains are, and in this particular order

Galactus (FF48-49)

Thanos, (IM55, so Avenger's universe can claim his first intro)

Dr. Doom (FF5)

Magneto, but he appears in the series debut, which by default is always key issue

Unfortunately for Spidey, as someone else had said, most of his villains are local criminals, they are nothing more than domestic disturbance, have little impact to the bigger Marvel's universe. BUT his villains do have more personality depth, that's why some of them can be turned into anti-heroes like Punisher, Venom, etc

I'm not disagreeing about the biggest baddest villains, what the thread is about is 'Key issues and most key issues are first appearances/origins and occasionally the death of a character, I would even go so far as to question whether the Infinity Guantlet/wars are 'key' issues, therefore (and I'll retract 100) the first 50 issues of Spidey have numerous 'Key issues regardless of the villains being local or not, and in terms of Value ASM 50 in 9.8 is double the value of FF 49 and 20× the value of IM 55, and I agree with the Magneto dilemma as he appears in X-Men 1 with so many key first appearances, but most of the early spidey villain fa's  are almost as valuable if not more valuable then FF 5. The real interesting question that arises but would take waaay to much research is to value the entire run in 9.8 of the 4 major titles

13 hours ago, FineCollector said:

Spider-Man has the most keys, but few with any real significance outside of the Spider-Man title.  What effect did Chameleon, Vulture, Dr Octopus, Electro, Mysterio, or Shocker have in the rest of the Marvel Universe?  Absolutely none.

Fantastic Four is the title from which the Marvel Universe was built.

I hadn't really thought about it like that, but the spidey villains had a huge effect on Spidey...and the biggest book in the marvel universe, if not the Marvel Universe itself. 

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I'm not disagreeing about the biggest baddest villains, what the thread is about is 'Key issues and most key issues are first appearances/origins and occasionally the death of a character, I would even go so far as to question whether the Infinity Guantlet/wars are 'key' issues, therefore (and I'll retract 100) the first 50 issues of Spidey have numerous 'Key issues regardless of the villains being local or not, and in terms of Value ASM 50 in 9.8 is double the value of FF 49 and 20× the value of IM 55, and I agree with the Magneto dilemma as he appears in X-Men 1 with so many key first appearances, but most of the early spidey villain fa's  are almost as valuable if not more valuable then FF 5. The real interesting question that arises but would take waaay to much research is to value the entire run in 9.8 of the 4 major titles

FF49 is not as valuable because FF48 steals all the thunder

But yeah as @Angel of Death said, value may means more than just being a key, there may be other factors involved, for example artwork: you have to admit ASM50 has iconic artwork, where IM55 has terrible, forgettable artwork