• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk 134 Price Error?!?

9 posts in this topic

So I just bought a collection for the first time and the seller threw in this really odd copy of Hulk 134 and he pointed this price out but I thought nothing of it at the time. Now I am having a hard time finding any info on this book. 1/- is so odd but cool looking lol. I also just asked on my Instagram (same @ if you wish to follow me).

If anyone has any info regarding the rarity of this LMK! I will consider submitting this as well after getting it pressed/cleaned if possible.

Thanks for checking this out!63814089299__A63865FA-F774-46E7-ACBB-A37D738CAECF.thumb.JPEG.487f9f92ed5fc3fb281325b3e8ab7fd2.JPEG

Edited by sidewaysgun

honestly it’s just a pence variant it’s a mistake probably a fair few collectors have made at some point I never had this because my first comic was a pence issue this one isn’t worth grading that’s not to say that pence copies are inferior to cents just in this case the grade is to low to justify any value and it being a common comic as well 

This is a UK price variant, which means it was about 2% of the initial print run, so definitely scarce compared to the regular cents version.  But this issue happens to be an inexpensive non-key, and whatever bump anyone might be inclined for the UKPV rarity would still not make it worth slabbing.  Why?  Because even a slabbed universal grade 9.0 regular cents version goes for about $100 now, and this ain't no 9.0.  Regardless, this is a COOL cover!  Similar to IH#1!   And the book is decent mid-grade, so appreciate it.  

Edited by Pantodude

7 hours ago, Pantodude said:

It's a UK price variant, It IS rare, relative to the cents version.  

Yes, that’s true, but there are at least six copies of the UK version on eBay at the moment, and it would be easy to get from a UK dealer, so it can’t really be called rare.

I find the localised colour interruption on Hulk's left leg quite interesting.

It could be water damage off course, given the staining elsewhere on the cover, but you never know without examining the book in hand...

Capture.thumb.PNG.a9ddb526812212f4212374145203ef55.PNG

Captureb.thumb.PNG.5c247694d81a324ef085cf5cfdbe7c8f.PNG