• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$5.99?
2 2

198 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, kav said:

I probably overestimated-it's probly more like 20 books a year-

GoodReads says I read 33 books last year, but I think there were a few I didn't enter on my profile.

And that includes The Stand, which is at least 3 books long, so I think I can bump my stats a bit.

Just now, ttfitz said:

GoodReads says I read 33 books last year, but I think there were a few I didn't enter on my profile.

And that includes The Stand, which is at least 3 books long, so I think I can bump my stats a bit.

Bah I read Musashi-it makes The Stand look like a pamphlet.

3 minutes ago, ttfitz said:

image.png.36db3f60d381931d4298a6a31dd81b2b.png

image.png.3b9d46d7efecb4fc87827f8c33972dc3.png

(I read the uncut version) image.png.3ae38f478470d1b8bf36e59261e1467d.png

the leters were tiny so it really is like a 1800 page book tho.

My limit was $3.99. Now that they are going above that price point I’m largely going to drop most pulls from dc and focus on image and other publishers. Digital is not an option for me. My guess is that other companies will rise and fill in the void if the big two implode.  I know they don’t own the popular characters of the big two but I’d rather still be able to read and collect comics versus just reading a digital file.  

14 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

In Search of Lost Time, also translated as Remembrance of Things Past

by Marcel Proust

Page Count: 4,215...

Read it in a day.  It was ok.

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

20210327_224550.jpg.cdf4736803ff1abe9d661e8cd0f0c728.jpg

Read that too-13,001 pages.

Edited by kav

I know my pull list has shrunk dramatically.  For me Future State by DC was breaking point for me.  I did not buy any other those books, and I did not miss them.  Now that DC is back at a far reduced book count, I am down to just a few Bat family books.  They are the only ones I care about anymore. I have also cut back on the Marvel side, and I can feel my interest going down. At my top, I was buying about 30 to 35 books per month.  Now I am at 15 or so. I know that sounds like a lot still, and I could still afford what I was doing, but yet another increase in not going to get me back up.  That much money for 20 pages of story and 10 to 15 minutes of entertainment is insulting.  That is close to price for a streaming service for a month. I have been the devoted person that buys almost out of habit more than I read and want everything.  If you are losing me you are in trouble.

On 3/26/2021 at 12:07 AM, ExNihilo said:

Yeah, there's also the fact that the dollar bins have been rifled through multiple times over.  If you found a NM book in there, you were lucky.

Found a about 6 Avatar Goons one time in a dollar box.  I only knew they had value from these boards.  I asked the manager about 3 times if they belonged in the dollar boxes and each time he said "yes"  I bought them all.  Without a press, 3 graded at 9.8 and three at 9.6.

8 minutes ago, toro said:

Found a about 6 Avatar Goons one time in a dollar box.  I only knew they had value from these boards.  I asked the manager about 3 times if they belonged in the dollar boxes and each time he said "yes"  I bought them all.  Without a press, 3 graded at 9.8 and three at 9.6.

mail.gif