• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Aliens Vol 1 reach cult status
1 1

286 posts in this topic

Just now, F For Fake said:

I'm not a fan of sigs on comics for the most part, but that would look pretty cool! If I ever had the chance to get her signature, I've got a couple of posters that are ready and waiting for her!

I was in on that special commission that Kevlar did a few years ago with the reissue of Issue 3 of Earth War with the variant cover. Was pretty expensive but worth it. 

I have two Sigourney Weaver sigs, that one and the daylight variant of the 2009 series.

1 minute ago, Dr. Dank said:

I was in on that special commission that Kevlar did a few years ago with the reissue of Issue 3 of Earth War with the variant cover. Was pretty expensive but worth it. 

I have two Sigourney Weaver sigs, that one and the daylight variant of the 2009 series.

I've slowly, over 20 years or so, managed to track down sigs from a large portion of the Aliens cast on my international one-sheet. Got Goldstein/Ross/Ralston way back in 2001 at DragonCon, Lance Henriksen a few years after that, Michael Biehn the year after that, and added Cynthia Scott and Carrie Henn three years or so ago. Still super sad about the passing of Bill Paxton, one of my all time favorite character actors. Of course, now Al Matthews has also passed, so the window to get all of the marines has closed. 

The only member of the Alien crew I was ever able to track down was Veronica Cartwright. And with Yaphet Kotto (RIP to the legend) passing a couple of weeks ago, there's just Sigourney and Tom Skerritt left.

If I ever had an opportunity to get Sigourney's sig, I'd have her sign that Aliens one-sheet, and I also have a lovely promo poster from 1979 that is just a simple studio shot of her as Ripley, and it's a very nice photograph. That would look nice with a signature. But I don't think any big cons will be happening soon, at least not any that both she and I would be attending at the same time. 

58 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

I wish you the best on getting your sigs. With this Marvel reboot I am optimistic there will be more signings to come.

The only other Aliens sig I've got is Lance Henriksen

Lance is a swell guy and a lot of fun to talk to!

On 3/23/2021 at 7:03 AM, Dr. Dank said:

I put a #1 9.6 up for sale and have been barraged by questions asking me if it would be worth a press. 

That cover is incredibly hard to get in 9.8. I havent checked the census myself, but black covers are the worst.

I've basically told people, be happy to even get a 9.6

Knew it was hard to to get in 9.8 due to the black cover but didn’t know it rocketed in price the last few months. Outbid at the last second on a 9.8 a few weeks ago. Whoever won it got it for a little over 2K

On 3/23/2021 at 10:03 AM, Dr. Dank said:

I put a #1 9.6 up for sale and have been barraged by questions asking me if it would be worth a press. 

That cover is incredibly hard to get in 9.8. I havent checked the census myself, but black covers are the worst.

I've basically told people, be happy to even get a 9.6

I never actively hunted out a 9.8 of #1.   Figured it would be pretty pricey.  I bought a 9.6 awhile back and was thrilled with it.  In fact, it was one of the 50 or so books I kept when I sold the majority of my collection recently.  

8 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

I never actively hunted out a 9.8 of #1.   Figured it would be pretty pricey.  I bought a 9.6 awhile back and was thrilled with it.  In fact, it was one of the 50 or so books I kept when I sold the majority of my collection recently.  

I picked up a 9.8 years ago, and that's the only reason I'm selling my 9.6

I still have a 9.6 2 and 3 I'm holding

I sold my 9.6 and 9.4's of #1, and my 9.6 of #2, when I got my 9.8's. No one cared back then, I doubt I got more than $40-$50 a pop for them. Oh well. Still have my 9.8's!

34 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

I'm not a huge fan of sig series but when the aliens signing took place I had to jump at it.  Torrey took good care of me.  I know it's a repost for some of you.

452417724_Image(1891)(1).thumb.jpg.829a5ed64984b432f1491c1de2ad5814.jpg

:whatthe: Weaver! I like the thin pen they all used! ^^

On 3/24/2021 at 3:33 PM, Dr. Dank said:

I think the most modern comic I have ever bought before this was number 1 of the 2009 DH aliens, I got a daylight variant signed by the queen herself, Sigourney Weaver. 

I picked these up today, only missing the Gleason virgin variant.

20210324_132111.jpg

Wow you got more than me but i dont see that bw 1 per store

20210330_195128.jpg

28 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Wow you got more than me but i dont see that bw 1 per store

20210330_195128.jpg

Nope that one walked out right before I came in, and the Gleason virgin was already spoken for 

Just now, Dr. Dank said:

Nope that one walked out right before I came in, and the Gleason virgin was already spoken for 

My lcs ordered like only 30 or so copy so,i dont have any virgin and 2 others that you have so wow you have a great lcs,and great taste in comics lol

1 hour ago, Iceman399 said:

I'm not a huge fan of sig series but when the aliens signing took place I had to jump at it.  Torrey took good care of me.  I know it's a repost for some of you.

Was that the same signing with the Earth War 3 book?

1 minute ago, Namtak said:

My lcs ordered like only 30 or so copy so,i dont have any virgin and 2 others that you have so wow you have a great lcs,and great taste in comics lol

That was the first time in 26 years I had walked into that store. Spent quite a bit of money. The clerk didn't believe me at first lol

I'll be going back there, might get them to pull issue 2 and Predator as well. Nice little store

1 minute ago, Iceman399 said:

Twas the one where they did the Sig photo cover of her holding the rifle.

Yup that's the one.

Kind of regretting not getting the whole cast on mine, but still very happy with that book

On 3/25/2021 at 7:04 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Do you have a pic of the Aliens Earth War 3 variant?  I’m not familiar with that one.

On 3/31/2021 at 3:35 AM, Dr. Dank said:

Yup that's the one.

Kind of regretting not getting the whole cast on mine, but still very happy with that book

If it’s this book it’s not Earth War issue 3.  This book is Aliens Vol 2 issue 4 variant.  Ripley has a full cameo on the last page introducing her into the last part of the trilogy which was Earth War.

F377BB82-7339-4EDF-8353-20E4915E1C73.jpeg

On 3/31/2021 at 2:03 AM, Iceman399 said:

Love that book.  Nice and clean with great signatures.