• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOCKED - OP request - CLOSED
3 3

93 posts in this topic

The intent of a nomination is to get someone to complete an agreed upon deal. So if the buyer is now stating he will pay for the book in the next couple of weeks within the acceptable timeframe based on the rules of 
the PL nomination the buyer should probably pull that book and await payment.  What would happen if the book sold and the buyer decided to nominate the seller for refusing to hold the book according to the rules? Could the buyer potentially now put the seller up for a PL nomination or does the seller just forfeit the nomination?  My head hurts with all these rules.  People if you post an :takeit: just pay for the friggin book!

2 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Maybe @dem1138sees it as problem. Maybe not. Point is @Grusonshouldn't be juggling so many balls with not enough funds to cover all purchases. Time payments shouldn't matter unless he ASKED for time payments BEFORE :takeit:

He probably should have notified the Hulk seller of a potential cash flow issue or put the Hulk purchase on hold or offered time payments to the Hulk seller as he was the 2nd :takeit:by Gruson.

We're not here to delve into the whys and wherefores of how somebody conducts their business surely?

The buyer has offered a reasonable solution i.e will pay in 1-2 weeks.

Bottom line, he said he will pay. He's still within the 30 days, well within it, so the nomination is premature and hasty IMO.

2 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

We're not here to delve into the whys and wherefores of how somebody conducts their business surely?

The buyer has offered a reasonable solution i.e will pay in 1-2 weeks.

Bottom line, he said he will pay. He's still within the 30 days, well within it, so the nomination is premature and hasty IMO.

Not arguing with you but the rules of the sales thread weren't followed as stated 

Time payments are fine up to 1 month but PM me to work this out before you take a book and/or PM me if you need longer.

I feel like @Gruson has made a step towards reconciliation by extending an offer of payment in 1-2 weeks.  I don't see how any attacks on either party at this point is helpful towards a resolution.  I have yet to see the seller respond yet, but it's still early in the day and not everyone peruses the boards as often as some of us degenerates.  :makepoint: (EDIT: seller responded while I was typing my wall of text).  If it were me, I'd like to see some sort of partial non-refundable payment up front and then the remainder in one to two weeks.

16 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

What would happen if the book sold and the buyer decided to nominate the seller for refusing to hold the book according to the rules? Could the buyer potentially now put the seller up for a PL nomination or does the seller just forfeit the nomination?

If that vote ever came up, that's a clear cut no for me.  In this case the buyer specifically told the seller they were backing out and that it would be best to re-list.  The seller has not committed to accepting the buyers offer of payment in 1-2 weeks so they are not obligated to provide them a book at this time.

However, I do believe the situation whereby a book sells leaving the buyer with no way off the list to be problematic.  As I understand it, people can work their way off the HoS list by re-building goodwill and earning the respect of the community again, but by the rules of the PL, the only way off is to make the seller whole?  If the book is sold elsewhere, then that leaves no avenue to reconcile with the seller.

I've made some fairly major buys (3k+) through IG with no issues. I think it's about finding the right community, and staying within those bounds.

And yes, there are consequences within those communities if you claim and don't pay. Most of them just ban immediately and move on

48 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Personally I wouldn't touch those platforms with a big stick where handing over money is concerned, but that may be just me?

1 hour ago, G G ® ™ said:

Am I missing something here or not?

Doesn't a PL nomination have to be at least 30 days after initial 'contract'?

Aren't you supposed to use the 30 day period to exhaust all possibilities to conclude the transaction yourselves?

Genuinely curious.

No it does not. What you have here is the equivalent of anticipatory breach. The buyer has stated his intention not to proceed and therefore there is no reason to wait the 30 days.

2 hours ago, buttock said:

I plan on taking every book in every thread, waiting to pay for 3 years, then welching on everything that hasn't gone up.  Is that acceptable? 

Only if you hold those sweet sweet Spideys for sale for me for sixteen years.I might even live that long to save and pay!

(it's a lot of five,ten dollar comics I need to sell!)

If the seller had sold the book, after being explicitly told by the original buyer that they were not going to pay for it, then no that buyer would have zero grounds to nominate the seller to the PL if they then sold the book to someone else.

Even if there are private communications dated before this public PL nomination indicating the original buyer who reneged was willing after the fact to pay in a "couple of weeks", those weren't the original terms of the sale and the seller is under no obligation to entertain much less accept those new terms.

Regarding increasing instances of non payers and it not being reported/made public via the PL nomination forum, if we are going to have zero tolerance then how do we encourage members to not shrug off those bad deals and go through the hassle of nominating the dead beats? It's either a big deal that the sales forum, and the boards in general, are a safe place to participate in the hobby for both sellers and buyers, or it isn't. No?

I'd rather we see more nominations, and those conflicts get resolved and any dead beats becoming known quantities to the rest of the community so we are aware, then the boards be filled with non payer landmines because too few members feel like dealing with the hassle.

36 minutes ago, wombat said:

If more of these issues were brought up people might be more reluctant to do it in the first place knowing it might impact their ability to do business on the boards. 

True but others may feel more confident that we rooted out a lot of the deadbeats and feel more confident in having successful sales threads where buyers pay without issue.

14 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

True but others may feel more confident that we rooted out a lot of the deadbeats and feel more confident in having successful sales threads where buyers pay without issue.

I think he meant people who would renege on deals might think twice about it, not that honorable members would think twice about doing business on the boards.

23 hours ago, Gruson said:

I’m not new to the boards and have done many big deals here. It was bad timing on my part for sure and I apologized many times already to the seller. The hulk 180 9.4 deal wasn’t happening and then yesterday he decided to accept my offer. 
Both of these books are expensive you know  

That said, I’m fine paying the seller too here but will need 1-2 weeks and I stated that already.  He didn’t seem to want to discuss at all and just came here to nominate me instead.  I understand for sure and accept the consequences.  It’s not something I would do personally but I get it  I’ve had people back out of sales on me here and I just relisted instead of going through all this drama.  

Again I apologize. 

39 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

Really?  Like come on man get your house in order first. doh!

Real bad look.