• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOCKED - OP request - CLOSED
3 3

93 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, KCOComics said:

The marketplace has been trending in a dangerous direction in my opinion. It seems that there are fewer sellers at a time of great demand and new buyers are popping up who don't appreciate the rules and community that exists.  The increase in PL nominations and non-payers in the last several months has been disappointing. 

In complete agreement here (even though I could be accused of bias because of my and Lee's recent situation). But the evidence is mounting. The principle we wish to be upheld is the principle of trust/commitment, i.e. keeping one's word, even more i.e., "you claim it, you buy it." And this principle should NOT be relativized or compromised based on the amount of the book IF we value the integrity of the principle.  How do we enforce this in the market place thread?

Edited by BuscemasAvengers

5 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Am I missing something here or not?

Doesn't a PL nomination have to be at least 30 days after initial 'contract'?

Aren't you supposed to use the 30 day period to exhaust all possibilities to conclude the transaction yourselves?

Genuinely curious.

8 hours is the new 30 days :makepoint:

1 minute ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

In complete agreement here (even though I could be accused of bias because of my and Lee's recent situation). But the evidence is mounting. The principle we wish to be upheld is the principle of trust/commitment, i.e. keeping one's word, even more i.e., "you claim it, you buy it." And this principle should NOT be relativized or compromised based on the amount the book IF we value the integrity of the principle.  How do we enforce this in the market place thread?

Supply your PP in your sales thread and have the buyer prepay before posting :takeit:(joking around of course but it may come to this)

10 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Aren't you supposed to use the 30 day period to exhaust all possibilities to conclude the transaction yourselves?

Genuinely curious.

I think it's 30 days for failure to pay. 

But when someone says "I'm not paying", then why wait? 

4 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

I think it's 30 days for failure to pay. 

But when someone says "I'm not paying", then why wait? 

Rules.

Unless there's a proviso for this scenario?  (shrug)

5 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Supply your PP in your sales thread and have the buyer prepay before posting :takeit:(joking around of course but it may come to this)

And yet, what might push the Marketplace is such a drastic direction? Continued bailing on committed claims? For those on IG and FB, are there any rules surrounding deals? Or is it the whimsy of relativism?

20 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Genuinely curious.

It's important to stick to the rules as written.

If we want to change the rules, that's a different discussion. Not to mention we still don't know for sure of @Gruson will attempt to make amends. Only he knows that right now.

Edited by Jeffro.

2 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

For those on IG and FB

Personally I wouldn't touch those platforms with a big stick where handing over money is concerned, but that may be just me?

Just now, comicdonna said:

c) The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else.

Thanks for clarifying.  :smile:

Just now, G G ® ™ said:
1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

c) The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else.

Thanks for clarifying.  :smile:

Yeah, that Donna chick rocks!

I agree this appears to be PL worthy however if the seller relists and the book is sold the nomination becomes a mute point and the buyer will not be added to the list.  If the OP wants him added to the list he (unfortunately) needs to wait it out for the 30 days, dems the rulz.

Edited by MustEatBrains

2 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Yep, there you go. So, if I understand correctly, if Gruson says he will work it out then the 30 days are in effect, but if he says 'no way no how' then the rule is suspended and probation can move forward following a notification. Sort of a Fast Track Probation, if you will.

Edited by Point Five

1 minute ago, Gruson said:

That said, I’m fine paying the seller too here but will need 1-2 weeks and I stated that already.

If this is true, then I see no problem.

32 minutes ago, buttock said:

I plan on taking every book in every thread, waiting to pay for 3 years, then welching on everything that hasn't gone up.  Is that acceptable? 

Yes. Combine that with a little bit of drop shipping and all will be perfect. lol

Edited by CAHokie

2 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

If this is true, then I see no problem.

Maybe @dem1138sees it as problem. Maybe not. Point is @Grusonshouldn't be juggling so many balls with not enough funds to cover all purchases. Time payments shouldn't matter unless he ASKED for time payments BEFORE :takeit:

He probably should have notified the Hulk seller of a potential cash flow issue or put the Hulk purchase on hold or offered time payments to the Hulk seller as he was the 2nd :takeit:by Gruson.