• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in! Batman #31
3 3

27 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Tbone911t said:

@Randall Ries here you go. Thanks

20210323_154847.jpg

20210323_154836.jpg

20210323_154831.jpg

DANG! That's a nice book. ow/w pages likely. I can't unsee the book now. Whenever I find books in the wild, they look like they have been used for Bigfoots nesting material. If that's your book, congratulations. A really fine example of a classic Bat cover. I like the Batmobile cover one as well.

I LOVE the expression on Batman and Robin's faces. "We are going to tear you a NEW one!" LOL!

4 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

DANG! That's a nice book. ow/w pages likely. I can't unsee the book now. Whenever I find books in the wild, they look like they have been used for Bigfoots nesting material. If that's your book, congratulations. A really fine example of a classic Bat cover. I like the Batmobile cover one as well.

I LOVE the expression on Batman and Robin's faces. "We are going to tear you a NEW one!" LOL!

Thanks! This is actually the lower grade of the 2 #31s in a collection I just picked up. Beauty books.

1 hour ago, Tbone911t said:

Thanks! This is actually the lower grade of the 2 #31s in a collection I just picked up. Beauty books.

Oh come on you've gotta tell us more about this collection now. How you found it, what else is in there, what you paid if you're comfortable divulging... we need deets :sumo:

What a TEASE lol

Also 6.5 as is, 7.5 after C&P IMO. And there's a NICER one?! 

4 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Oh come on you've gotta tell us more about this collection now. How you found it, what else is in there, what you paid if you're comfortable divulging... we need deets :sumo:

What a TEASE lol

Also 6.5 as is, 7.5 after C&P IMO. And there's a NICER one?! 

Been buying books from a guy locally for 4-5 years. About 6 months ago he contacted me that he was ready to move the last/best of his Bat books. I had to sell off some big books but was worth it IMO. He worked at a shop in Montreal back in the day. 

paulbats.jpg

Edited by Tbone911t

3 minutes ago, Tbone911t said:

Been buying books from a guy locally for 4-5 years. About 6 months ago he contacted me that he was ready to move the last/best of his Bat books. I had to sell off some big books but was worth it IMO. He worked at a shop in Montreal back in the day. 

paulbats.jpg

Those are all so so so nice. Really an astounding cornerstone to build a collection around, incredible quality! It's really awesome that y'all were able to keep things local and it went from one real deal collector to another. A love story! :cloud9:

Not inquiring to purchase but out of curiosity are you keeping the duplicates or moving on from them? Very powerful flex to have duplicate Bat books under #50 in this condition!

4 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Those are all so so so nice. Really an astounding cornerstone to build a collection around, incredible quality! It's really awesome that y'all were able to keep things local and it went from one real deal collector to another. A love story! :cloud9:

Not inquiring to purchase but out of curiosity are you keeping the duplicates or moving on from them? Very powerful flex to have duplicate Bat books under #50 in this condition!

I need about 30 more issues to finish my 2-100 run so I most likely will be moving my doubles (18/28/31/32/48) to fill so more holes. 

35 minutes ago, Tbone911t said:

paulbats.jpg

Oh so sweet. In 1983, an old farmer brought in a bag of Bat books into a shop I used to buy at. #'s 52 to #1. 3 #1's in the bottom of that bag. Average grade for all was probably 5.0's. I could only weep. I bought the 9 and 52. $65 for a 4.5-ish #9. My then wife considerately ripped an inch into the entire spine during a disagreement. I can still hear the sound. Thanks, Hon.