• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four #2
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Book is complete. Nothing missing from front or back covers. There is a name written on the cover. Someone "added" another staple to the right of the bottom staple because of a rip in the book.  The rip goes through the book but it gets "smaller" in length as it reaches the centerfold. Centerfold is attached. NO spine split!

I need to get this book "fixed" and have someone remove the staple and give it a cleaning and a press, if warranted.

IMG_1029.JPEG

IMG_1030.JPEG

IMG_1031.JPEG

IMG_1032.JPEG

IMG_1033.JPEG

IMG_1034.JPEG

IMG_1035.JPEG

IMG_1036.JPEG

IMG_1037.JPEG

IMG_1038.JPEG

IMG_1039.JPEG

IMG_1040.JPEG

IMG_1041.JPEG

IMG_1042.JPEG

IMG_1043.JPEG

IMG_1044.JPEG

IMG_1046.JPEG

Edited by Comcasthawk

2 hours ago, Comcasthawk said:

Someone "added" another staple to the right of the bottom staple because of a rip in the book. 
I need to get this book "fixed" and have someone remove the staple and give it a cleaning and a press, if warranted.

Not an expert here, but that second staple looks vintage.  Are you sure this was added later?  To me it looks like it occurred during production.  That makes me wonder if the tear was caused by the second staple and was not the cause of a staple being added later.  Any other opinions?

36 minutes ago, MPH1964 said:

Not an expert here, but that second staple looks vintage.  Are you sure this was added later?  To me it looks like it occurred during production.  That makes me wonder if the tear was caused by the second staple and was not the cause of a staple being added later.  Any other opinions?

agreed...the staples are aligned parallel, almost perfectly to the spine and to each other as if during production