• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Confused on how to price my books before summiting.

3 posts in this topic

so very new here, and sent my first book already and looking at sending more. 

but some of my modern books "Modern (1975-Date)" type books, that can have a huge jump from 9.0-9.8's and curious how to treat max value? 

like a 9.4 may be worth 300 but a 9.8 might go for 1000? 

So if I think it'll get a 9.8 should I send it express? or do I send standard because I think it has a shot at a higher grade? how is that handled at CGC, do I get up charged if it grades higher?

14 hours ago, FLIP88 said:

so very new here, and sent my first book already and looking at sending more. 

but some of my modern books "Modern (1975-Date)" type books, that can have a huge jump from 9.0-9.8's and curious how to treat max value? 

like a 9.4 may be worth 300 but a 9.8 might go for 1000? 

So if I think it'll get a 9.8 should I send it express? or do I send standard because I think it has a shot at a higher grade? how is that handled at CGC, do I get up charged if it grades higher?

It's all about how much you want the book insured for . If you are ok with only getting back 300 if your book gets lost then you dont have to go for a higher tier. You wont get charged more if it ends up being higher.