• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Card submitted is sent back as Ineligible Type, was not graded but I was still charged???

16 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

So I sent in a card for grading.  It is a Pokemon Charizard VMAX from Shiny Star V set.  This is a well known set and shouldn't be an issue.  Any ideas why they would mark it as ineligible and then still charge me when they didn't grade it???

Doing a simple Ebay search, you can clearly see these have been graded before (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=Charizard+VMAX+Shiny+Star+V+CGC&_sacat=0)

Im just super confused on why it wasn't gradable and why they would charge me for not doing anything.

if it was a fake box; it was the worst fake box ever lolol.  The only thing I can think of being the issue is that its the Korean version of the card and not the Japanese.

Anyway, I know the box to be real as it was purchased by me in the store here in Seoul

Edited by Landon Veitch

6 minutes ago, Landon Veitch said:

if it was a fake box; it was the worst fake box ever lolol.  The only thing I can think of being the issue is that its the Korean version of the card and not the Japanese.

Anyway, I know the box to be real as it was purchased by me in the store here in Seoul

If it's Korean maybe they don't grade that version.

2 hours ago, Landon Veitch said:

Hey everyone,

So I sent in a card for grading.  It is a Pokemon Charizard VMAX from Shiny Star V set.  This is a well known set and shouldn't be an issue.  Any ideas why they would mark it as ineligible and then still charge me when they didn't grade it???

Doing a simple Ebay search, you can clearly see these have been graded before (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=Charizard+VMAX+Shiny+Star+V+CGC&_sacat=0)

Im just super confused on why it wasn't gradable and why they would charge me for not doing anything.

What did customer service say when you called? 

I tried calling but the call queue was filled for the day so I have to call back tomorrow morning but I am willing to bet they are going to say tough luck.  They really should modify the submission screen to give a pop-up or something that says 'hey korean cards we wont do' or something to be more proactive with their potential clients

I would imagine you labeled it Japanese when you filled out the submission form. Did you try to select Korean? If you had, you would have seen that it didn't populate. Oddball stuff should be a red flag to do a little due diligence; tough lesson, though.  

Anything you send in (real, fake, or ineligible) will get charged as part of their verification process. Sucks that you didn’t send in something they don’t grade, but it is what it is.