• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My X-Men Original Art quest.. and the Journey...
1 1

153 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Well the day has come... the biggest hole in my collection is filled...

Jim Lee and Scott Williams from X-men 2 ... Xavier vs Magneto.. the essential basis of the whole X-men mythos... two sides of the same coin.. best friends at odds over ideology and the fate of the mutant world in the balance.. massive thank you to my friend George P for letting this one come live with me. I could not be happier!! 

Congrats! It's been fun to see all the additions you've gotten so far. This has to feel like you made it to the top of Mt. Everest. Love the detail on this page. Just perfect!

1 hour ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Well the day has come... the biggest hole in my collection is filled...

Jim Lee and Scott Williams from X-men 2 ... Xavier vs Magneto.. the essential basis of the whole X-men mythos... two sides of the same coin.. best friends at odds over ideology and the fate of the mutant world in the balance.. massive thank you to my friend George P for letting this one come live with me. I could not be happier!! 

8DEACDA3-7AA9-46AC-9E7A-29568CCE0FAF.jpeg

And it even has Moira, who, while not super important in the classic mythos, IS very important in the current lore because she's finally unified the 2 ideals and mutantkind as a whole. She's basically the center of everything going on in X-Men right now, and with a solo book on the horizon, I suspect she will become a more popular character overall.

2 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Congrats! 

What are the next 5 targets? What are the most challenging holes still on the list?

Thanks!! i would like to get a Churchill Peterson or Dodson  next as the Lee hurt financially! lol 

Neal Adams is the one that may be beyond my grasp without a big liquidation of other pieces or comics.. Byrne is the same boat, but at least the elsewhen page has kinda kept that thirst at bay ...

49 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Thanks!! i would like to get a Churchill Peterson or Dodson  next as the Lee hurt financially! lol 

Neal Adams is the one that may be beyond my grasp without a big liquidation of other pieces or comics.. Byrne is the same boat, but at least the elsewhen page has kinda kept that thirst at bay ...

Neal and Byrne will be tough gets, for sure. I wouldn't bet against you figuring out a way to make them both happen.

Congrats and good luck with the X-Quest!

2 hours ago, gumbydarnit said:

Very nice you're getting close to checking em ALL off!

IF that happens, what's next?

HAHAH we are not that close.. but thank you! and there will be upgrades along the way. I recently upgraded a couple. I will share pictures this afternoon when I have some more time. 

1 hour ago, Hockeyflow33 said:

Ian Churchill has a few pages for sale on his website. 

https://ianchurchillart.com/?portfolio=uncanny-x-men

I bought something from him awhile back and they were very good through the whole process and did a good job with the shipping. 

I saw that... nothing that really grabbed my fancy. For these later atists I was hoping to get some real great examples. but thank you for showing me! 

2 minutes ago, vodou said:

Indeed. Who's left OP?

The ones without checks below... any leads are much appeciated!

On 3/24/2021 at 4:45 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

OK! Some technical dfficulties due to the thread being over a year old and new software- I can no longer edit.. But thanks to some hard work by @skypinkblu we got it reworked.. but since I can no longer edit the list.. we will repost and work from here!

The artists i am going for are as follows.

Jack Kirby 

Werner Roth 

Don Heck

Neal Adams

Dave Cockrum

John Byrne

Paul Smith

John Romita Jr

Marc Silvestri 

Jim Lee

Whilce Portacio

Tom Raney