My X-Men Original Art quest.. and the Journey...
1 1

92 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Well the day has come... the biggest hole in my collection is filled...

Jim Lee and Scott Williams from X-men 2 ... Xavier vs Magneto.. the essential basis of the whole X-men mythos... two sides of the same coin.. best friends at odds over ideology and the fate of the mutant world in the balance.. massive thank you to my friend George P for letting this one come live with me. I could not be happier!! 

Congrats! It's been fun to see all the additions you've gotten so far. This has to feel like you made it to the top of Mt. Everest. Love the detail on this page. Just perfect!

1 hour ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Well the day has come... the biggest hole in my collection is filled...

Jim Lee and Scott Williams from X-men 2 ... Xavier vs Magneto.. the essential basis of the whole X-men mythos... two sides of the same coin.. best friends at odds over ideology and the fate of the mutant world in the balance.. massive thank you to my friend George P for letting this one come live with me. I could not be happier!! 

8DEACDA3-7AA9-46AC-9E7A-29568CCE0FAF.jpeg

And it even has Moira, who, while not super important in the classic mythos, IS very important in the current lore because she's finally unified the 2 ideals and mutantkind as a whole. She's basically the center of everything going on in X-Men right now, and with a solo book on the horizon, I suspect she will become a more popular character overall.

2 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Congrats! 

What are the next 5 targets? What are the most challenging holes still on the list?

Thanks!! i would like to get a Churchill Peterson or Dodson  next as the Lee hurt financially! lol 

Neal Adams is the one that may be beyond my grasp without a big liquidation of other pieces or comics.. Byrne is the same boat, but at least the elsewhen page has kinda kept that thirst at bay ...

49 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Thanks!! i would like to get a Churchill Peterson or Dodson  next as the Lee hurt financially! lol 

Neal Adams is the one that may be beyond my grasp without a big liquidation of other pieces or comics.. Byrne is the same boat, but at least the elsewhen page has kinda kept that thirst at bay ...

Neal and Byrne will be tough gets, for sure. I wouldn't bet against you figuring out a way to make them both happen.

Congrats and good luck with the X-Quest!