• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SALE CLOSED: FF12, 48, Cap 100, ASM 6, 13, 14, 15, Sil Sur 3, IH 181
4 4

37 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Incredible Hulk 181 CGC 1.8 Incomplete- Marvel Value Stamp missing $2000

ECCB61DC-26E7-44AC-A70D-2793E278CD64.jpeg

A2B35A2B-3D9A-496E-8ACA-0D43932B2C1D.jpeg

I don’t understand- doesn’t this type of book usually get a purple label with a higher grade? Does CGC give people the option???

10 minutes ago, amatta said:

I don’t understand- doesn’t this type of book usually get a purple label with a higher grade? Does CGC give people the option???

Value stamps missing are always green label. 

However, I've been seeing a TON lately that are blue label, and missing the MVS. (As high as 3.5, too). 

So, yeah...I don't know if you can just force CGC to give a blue label now, or what. Very curious. 

6 minutes ago, pmWolf said:

However, I've been seeing a TON lately that are blue label, and missing the MVS. (As high as 3.5, too). 

So, yeah...I don't know if you can just force CGC to give a blue label now, or what. Very curious. 

Sorry- I meant green... 

20 minutes ago, pmWolf said:

I'm pretty sure you can request a blue label, but the grade will be discounted for the missing MVS. 

So this book may have been a 4.5 or 5.0 but took a wack for a big missing piece. 

With the way this book is trending, it's a great opportunity for someone to get an entry level copy. 

2 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

I'm pretty sure you can request a blue label, but the grade will be discounted for the missing MVS. 

So this book may have been a 4.5 or 5.0 but took a wack for a big missing piece. 

With the way this book is trending, it's a great opportunity for someone to get an entry level copy. 

Oh, absolutely...it is a FANTASTIC looking 1.8.

And, the 1.8 was just about the hardest grade for me to find. There are far more H181's on the census in a 9.8 than there are in 1.8. 

1 hour ago, amatta said:

Yeah, if you don't request it, I believe it comes back green.  Maybe 3.5 Green Label for this one.  They factored in the stamp cut out and called it a 1.8 Blue.  Presents beautifully though.