• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic covers with comics on them
1 1

76 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JazzMan said:

I had no idea that 6th graders could be Marvel artists.  Makes Frank Robbins work look like a Rembrandt.

That's actually Steve Leialoha, although certainly not his best work. He's probably best known these days as Mark Buckingham's inker on Fables (since that won them an Eisner), but he's one of those artists who has done a pretty long list of work (for Dark Horse, DC, and Marvel) without ever really being an A-lister.

That said, those Captain Justice covers? Still bad.

9 hours ago, Qalyar said:

That's actually Steve Leialoha, although certainly not his best work. He's probably best known these days as Mark Buckingham's inker on Fables (since that won them an Eisner), but he's one of those artists who has done a pretty long list of work (for Dark Horse, DC, and Marvel) without ever really being an A-lister.

That said, those Captain Justice covers? Still bad.

I recognize his work from later in the original Spider-Woman run.  I don't recall any of his covers being this bad, although some of his interior work was on par with this.