• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on what auction site to consign graded books to?

39 posts in this topic

I would like to sell most of my graded books. I have about 50 I would like to sell but they are not keys ( I only have a few keys and I want to hold on to those).

They are all at least 9.4 and are mostly silver age from Marvel, DC, Dell & Key

I am not sure what would be the best place to consign this type of collection to in order to get the most $ for my books

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comiclink seems to be humming these days. 

You could also try mycomicshop.com 

Allot of board members have great experiences with them (both buying and selling). 

You might want to talk to @blazingbob with highgradecomics.com 

I'm not sure what his fees are,  but you can consign books to him. Great site and a great reputation and traffic. 

GL. It's a good time to be a seller. 

2 hours ago, KCOComics said:

Comiclink seems to be humming these days. 

You could also try mycomicshop.com 

Allot of board members have great experiences with them (both buying and selling). 

You might want to talk to @blazingbob with highgradecomics.com 

I'm not sure what his fees are,  but you can consign books to him. Great site and a great reputation and traffic. 

GL. It's a good time to be a seller. 

Thank You very much

I was wondering if one site gets higher $ amounts than others for the books in their auctions. Obviously if I had an X-Men #1 or Hulk #1 I would not worry, but since they are not key books I am unsure who to choose.

10 minutes ago, Bludriver said:

Thank You very much

I was wondering if one site gets higher $ amounts than others for the books in their auctions. Obviously if I had an X-Men #1 or Hulk #1 I would not worry, but since they are not key books I am unsure who to choose.

I don't think one site will necessarily bring more money. I think they are all getting a ton of traffic these days.

There was a perception that Comiclink was better for SA, but that perception seems to have faded as they've brought a lot of big GA books to market.  

I think any of the big 4 will get you exposure and good auction prices. Without doing research, I believe MCS has the lowest fees, CL and CC are comparable and heritage has the highest fees. I may be off base and someone can correct me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by KCOComics

1 minute ago, KCOComics said:

I don't think one site will necessarily bring more money. I think they are all getting a ton of traffic these days.

There was a perception that Comiclink was better for SA, but that perception seems to have faded as they've brought a lot of big GA books to market.  

I think any of the big 4 will get you exposure and good auction prices. Without doing research, I believe MCS has the lowest fees, CL and CC are comparable and heritage has the highest fees. I may be off base and someone can correct me if I'm wrong. 

Thank You again

I called Heritage today and they said it is 15% commission but it may be 10% depending on the books I have (I have to send a list). Since many of my books are not Marvel, I want to try and find a place that has a large customer base because my books are mostly DC & Dell/Gold Key and not as sought after.

On 3/26/2021 at 7:11 PM, andy49 said:

Heritage should have mentioned that your books should expect to bring at least $10,000 before you can list with them.

I sent them some stuff at the end of last year and this never came up, it was only about 10K total.

7 hours ago, wurstisart said:

Interesting topic.

Once for example Heritage auctioned the items off, how is the process afterwards? Are they taking their 15% out and send you a check? How is the tax (income) dealt with?

Anyone who can share their experience?