• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I wait on Amazing Spider-Man 300
2 2

216 posts in this topic

Stay clear at these prices or go for a lower grade. 

I actually have no affinity for this comic at all. Didn't like it when it was released and haven't done since. I begrudgingly paid about $25 ten years ago for a mid grade to add it to the run. In some ways this comic started the era that took me out of comics altogether for 12 years. 

Never liked Mcfarlane art or what he represented in the industry. 

at least wait until after the movie, historically books build on movie releases, especially after the ad/short/preview is released and then they drop after the movie

*of course this is based on a lot of Sony X-men/Spider & DC releases, that were varied in quality...when Disney/MCU release something it could change the whole mindset, it may further energize the market (the way Marvel do with the easter eggs at the end)

Put it this way, I have 9.6/9.8 raws of #300 and #316, I'm getting them to CGC in 2 weeks in order to sell. It's a sellers market

17 hours ago, Mike_1 said:

How do you tell if it’s misaligned?  Are you talking about the book?

Here is an example. Look at all the 0’s going down the right edge and all the 3’s going down the left. From bottom to top, the 0’s get cut off and the 3’s start to escape the spine. This book, to me, is misaligned. If it weren’t, you would see all the numbers evenly.

40CD797D-E05D-4BD3-A286-EB9B6297BAD7.jpeg

5 hours ago, justin said:

Here is an example. Look at all the 0’s going down the right edge and all the 3’s going down the left. From bottom to top, the 0’s get cut off and the 3’s start to escape the spine. This book, to me, is misaligned. If it weren’t, you would see all the numbers evenly.

That makes perfect sense and it would definitely drive me nuts.  I was looking for that and also cover misalignment with the rest of the book.  I hadn’t the misalignment above that obvious before.

3 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Watch out for the “rag-tag” edge that’s common on this issue.  CGC doesn’t downgrade for it, but it’s something you may want to keep an eye out for.

You talking about where the edge is all jagged?  Seen that on some.

On 3/29/2021 at 12:55 PM, Mike_1 said:

I agree.  Just wanted opinions on if they would go up or down.  I know it’s just an opinion and nobody knows really.  

Appreciate all the feedback.

What do you think Autos should add to 9.6 price?  This number seems to vary.

- Stan

- Todd

I found a 9.6 with Stan and Todd signs for $3500 and that seems reasonable but I’ve seen other sales lately for less

Good question. I'm on the fence about purchasing a 9.8 Lee/McFarlane copy.

On 3/30/2021 at 5:07 PM, justin said:

Wow. Never noticed it but not sure I really care... Looking online looks like most of them look exactly like this.  

Do you have own an aligned one?  

6 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Wow. Never noticed it but not sure I really care... Looking online looks like most of them look exactly like this.  

Do you have own an aligned one?  

I used to have a 9.8 and a 9.2 SS that was perfectly aligned. Sold them last may right before prices started going through the roof :(

Hah, I always thought the misalignment was some artistic flair or something but was the same for all issues.  But now it has been brought to my attention it can be all over the place..  Ill never be able to UNSEE it..  Not sure how i feel about this.  :S

Edited by Mirkinator

Please send all misaligned copies to me for disposal. Happy to take these eyesores off of your hands!

49 minutes ago, Mirkinator said:

Hah, I always thought the misalignment was some artistic flair or something but was the same for all issues.  But now it has been brought to my attention it can be all over the place..  Ill never be able to UNSEE it..  Not sure how i feel about this.  :S

Just another insignificant thing to worry about.  We have way too much of that in our modern world.  Just carry on.  

11 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you can forget about paying $5K for a 9.8 ... it’s more like $6K now.  :tonofbricks:

People are asking.  They aren’t selling.  I’m researching the source pages for all the closing bids.  The ones that sell are going for less than asking.  I suspect the ones that have sold for higher were purchased by the seller to boost prices.  Even if they didn’t do that, if the demand isn’t sustainable it’s not worth asking.  From what I see, it isn’t sustainable.  And I’ve seen 9.8s for 5k in the past week, and some have been reposting for 2 months.

1 minute ago, Mike_1 said:

People are asking.  They aren’t selling.  I’m researching the source pages for all the closing bids.  The ones that sell are going for less than asking.  I suspect the ones that have sold for higher were purchased by the seller to boost prices.  Even if they didn’t do that, if the demand isn’t sustainable it’s not worth asking.  From what I see, it isn’t sustainable.  And I’ve seen 9.8s for 5k in the past week, and some have been reposting for 2 months.

Where have you seen 9.8’s for $5K?  I’ll gladly buy them

3 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Where have you seen 9.8’s for $5K?  I’ll gladly buy them

Up to you.  eBay.  I’ll buy them from you at a markdown once prices deflate and the graded numbers keep climbing