• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did anyone ever try to be a real super hero?
2 2

74 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, kav said:

When I was 15 I figgered it was possible-the easiest would probably be Green Arrow so I got my dad to buy me a bow and arrow and began practicing.  I figgered when i got good enough to shoot a cigarete out of a bad guy's hand i'd start work on my costume.  Let's just say it never worked out.

In my mind, you are a super hero.

I am on my way to becoming some sort of version of Cyborg/Vision/Ultron.  I'm a type 1 Diabetic and I use an insulin pump and sensor to monitor things.  Essentially I have a small machine on each of my arms constantly giving me insulin and  monitoring blood sugar levels.  A lot of the Type 1 Diabetic community are now hacking their own devices to improve functionality and customization.  I only see further integration of these machines into my biology in the future.

6 hours ago, LudaToke said:

I am on my way to becoming some sort of version of Cyborg/Vision/Ultron.  I'm a type 1 Diabetic and I use an insulin pump and sensor to monitor things.  Essentially I have a small machine on each of my arms constantly giving me insulin and  monitoring blood sugar levels.  A lot of the Type 1 Diabetic community are now hacking their own devices to improve functionality and customization.  I only see further integration of these machines into my biology in the future.

I too am a Type-1 Diabetic, I've always thought of my pump as some sort of cyborg element haha. Someday I hope there is a cure but we have to embrace the good and the bad and make the best of it and if that means looking at it as being a cyborg or a superhero I'll take it! I was joking the other day when I received my first COVID vaccine dose and called it my super soldier serum.

I had no idea people are hacking their pumps... that's kinda cool! (thumbsu

Edited by SkoBuffs99

I have a significant amt of metal in my body and i can confirm it does not make you super invulnerable as depicted in the Kick-A** comic and movie.  It actually hurts more when stressed as the immobile metal provides a fulcrum against bone.  Had to have T plate removed from metacarpal because it hurt to shake hands.

9 minutes ago, XjYoZbQ said:

I saved my neighbor's dog from drowning one time.

Oooo so if it was a barking dog at night every neighbors must hate  you right now....if not(thumbsu

Edited by Namtak

I have saved:
-An old man who collapsed at bus stop and everyone was ignoring because no one wanted to look stupid.  I was ignoring him too then the thought flashed thru my mind "what if that was my dad?"  I went over and he was blue.  ran across street and called 911.  fire station was right around corner they were there in 20 seconds.  Just as I got on bus I saw him open his eyes wide as he started breathing.
-An 8 year old kid who grabbed escalator rail while mom not watching-it started pulling him up he quickly got too high to let go but was headed for doom when he reached the end-I quickly stood on a chair reached as high as I could and said Kid!  Kid!  Hey kid!  He let go and I caught/fell to the ground with him.
-A person being pummeled by 2 thugs-I ran out and grabbed the main attacker's feet and jerked him to the ground.  He tried to swing on me I slapped it aside and a few round kicks later they ran off.
-Elderly Korean shop owner couple getting pummeled by huge thug shoplifter-I pulled over-ran up and pulled his legs out sending him to the ground.  Then they sat on his back until police arrived.  I had him wrapped up in UFC style hold.  He kept saying "get your sack outta my face!!"  nope.
-Several injured birds that cats were on the trail of-took em to bird rescue place.

My grand mother was washing stained cloth with bleach amd it didnt work....so i hear in the background : ho well i have a better way..amonia.  i jumped rigjt in the washing room tackled her a bit and threw the amonia bottle in the next room,i was pumped with adrénaline and blood rushed trough my head..head,try to explain to her the danger but she could not understand ,that evening there was a ww1 documentary and they explaine that those were the basic élément of mustard gas .now she understood....

13 minutes ago, kav said:

I have saved:
-An old man who collapsed at bus stop and everyone was ignoring because no one wanted to look stupid.  I was ignoring him too then the thought flashed thru my mind "what if that was my dad?"  I went over and he was blue.  ran across street and called 911.  fire station was right around corner they were there in 20 seconds.  Just as I got on bus I saw him open his eyes wide as he started breathing.
-An 8 year old kid who grabbed escalator rail while mom not watching-it started pulling him up he quickly got too high to let go but was headed for doom when he reached the end-I quickly stood on a chair reached as high as I could and said Kid!  Kid!  Hey kid!  He let go and I caught/fell to the ground with him.
-A person being pummeled by 2 thugs-I ran out and grabbed the main attacker's feet and jerked him to the ground.  He tried to swing on me I slapped it aside and a few round kicks later they ran off.
-Elderly Korean shop owner couple getting pummeled by huge thug shoplifter-I pulled over-ran up and pulled his legs out sending him to the ground.  Then they sat on his back until police arrived.  I had him wrapped up in UFC style hold.  He kept saying "get your sack outta my face!!"  nope.
-Several injured birds that cats were on the trail of-took em to bird rescue place.

And he didnt bite your sack?could have been horrible.or you jus love to rub your junk on people face lol