• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comicgingers CGC Conundrum Contest!!!! Phase 1
4 4

71 posts in this topic

Last day folks! This weekend I will tally up the results and share here! It will probably be a little bit before the actual grading contest begins but when it does, it should be a lot of fun!

Thanks for all who voted and hey...tell some friends! Still time to get in on this! Plus, mysterrrryyyyyy booooooooooooookssssss ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've left clues and these will be needed...eventually. Are they too cryptic? Are they kung-fu kicking ya in the head with their mysteriousness? Rest assured, I shall premiere these mystery books in due time. One of the books features an artist that has had a hughes influence on many people!

Edited by comicginger1789

THE RESULTS ARE IN!

First book, with 23 votes is......X-MEN #129!

Next, with 21 votes is....THOR #337!

Next, also with 21 votes is...AVENGERS #196!

Next, with 20 votes is...MARVEL SPOTLIGHT #28!

Next, with 19 votes is...SHE HULK #1!

Next, with 17 votes is...SECRET WARS #8!

Next, with 16 votes is...GI JOE #21 CPV!

Also with 16 votes is...AVENGERS ANNUAL #10!

Next, with 15 votes is...USAGI YOJIMBO #1!

And finally, there were two books tied with 14 votes...both X-Men books, issues 96 and issue 130. I have decided to go with.....X-MEN #130!

And the big boys are as follows......

In first, with 22 votes is....ASM ANNUAL #1!

In second place, with 18 votes is...FANTASTIC FOUR #49!

And again, for third, a tie between ASM 129 and FF 6....so once again, I shall break the tie and I say....FANTASTIC FOUR #6!

Thanks to all who voted and helped decide. In addition to these books, I have two MYSTERRRRYYYY BOOOOOKS  going in. I also am looking through the PC this week for two others just to really round out this batch of books. I will share what these are in a couple days!

4 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Group shot to come! I’ll be cleaning some over the next little bit and doing all the prep work for the eventual grading contest! Might be a bit so don’t wait up folks! 

Yes it'll be a waiting game, but we'll be patient, I hope lol

On 4/25/2021 at 7:37 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Oh and don’t forget two mystery books are going in! You can guess what they are when the time comes 

Clues? You’ll get a kick out of one of them. The other? It’s quite cheeky. Get caught staring and you might be shot!

Kick-@$$ and Barb Wire? hm

Edited by thirdgreenham

On 4/30/2021 at 9:14 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Last day folks! This weekend I will tally up the results and share here! It will probably be a little bit before the actual grading contest begins but when it does, it should be a lot of fun!

Thanks for all who voted and hey...tell some friends! Still time to get in on this! Plus, mysterrrryyyyyy booooooooooooookssssss ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've left clues and these will be needed...eventually. Are they too cryptic? Are they kung-fu kicking ya in the head with their mysteriousness? Rest assured, I shall premiere these mystery books in due time. One of the books features an artist that has had a hughes influence on many people!

hm Shang-Chi and Barb Wire...

7 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

hm Shang-Chi and Barb Wire...

Ohhhhhh the time to guess shall come...:it may factor into zee ole contest even as a tie breaker or sorts. But clearer rules shall be posted during the official contest....that way it’s even stevens for all!

16 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Ah here they are. 13 as voted by YOU, two added books for fun and yes the two mystery books are hiding but will reveal themselves in time......:) or maybe they are there. Squint and shhh 🤫 

BEDE3583-0E3C-4322-B8BE-D47848315878.jpeg

That is beautimus!!!!!!