• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real Turnaround Times
1 1

13 posts in this topic

As some of you may have noticed, I am starting to collect in the GA GGA and Atlas pe-hero areas. So I have several 1975+ books that, with a press and grade, would really increase my GA collecting. CGC is currently advertising this:

For CGC Grading: https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/

For pressing: https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/ccs-pressing/

So the above two work out to, for my 1975 on books:

Modern (1975-Date) Fast Track: 19 days
Modern (1975-Date) Fast Track: 43 days
For a total of 62 day turnaround. This is what is currently advertised by CGC. Can I depend on it?

I thank you.

Edited by PovertyRow

Time periods sound legit, from experience.  Don't forget, those are business days.  62 days divided by 5 equals 12+ weeks,or about 85 calendar days.  Doesn't really sound like it's on the "Fast Track".  More like a slow boat.  "Around the World in 80 Days" has you beat.

Edited by Lightning55

5 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

Time periods sound legit, from experience.  Don't forget, those are business days.  62 days divided by 5 equals 12+ weeks,or about 85 calendar days.  Doesn't really sound like it's on the "Fast Track".  More like a slow boat.  "Around the World in 80 Days" has you beat.

Excellent. Yes, I know about the "business days" but wanted to see how accurate the estimatyes were. I can easily live with these if they are correct!  Thanks!

Just realizing, you are talking about collecting GA/Atlas, but then asking about Modern TATs.  Fast Track Value grading is 37 days, Economy is 40.  It does get faster as you pay more for higher tiers.  Fast Track Pressing for Value and Economy is 43 days each, faster if you pay more.  The 19 day thing is for Moderns, but sounds like that's not what you are looking for.

12 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

Oh, I get it.  You want to grade some Moderns to sell to buy GA.

You got it! When I see some of the 1975 onward books I have in High Grade I am astonished. Its like "When did THIS happen!?" Just one of them would by a few very nice GA for my collection! So yes, I am looking to painlessly get back into the GA/GGA books! Most perceptive! :blush:

48 minutes ago, PovertyRow said:

You got it! When I see some of the 1975 onward books I have in High Grade I am astonished. Its like "When did THIS happen!?" Just one of them would by a few very nice GA for my collection! So yes, I am looking to painlessly get back into the GA/GGA books! Most perceptive! :blush:

Yes, some of the "more recent" issues (in comparison to GA) have climbed.  I hope you find some real gems to fund your new GA purchases.  I never got into Golden Age, but always felt like I might have missed something by not getting in.  But it's tough to collect everything.  Good Luck!!!

2 hours ago, XjYoZbQ said:

Add on 2 weeks just to have your package opened.

This.

Regular modern has been taking about 2.5 months in calendar days (I don't bother with business day math anymore). That has been climbing the past few boxes over the past couple of months. The in-house signings have clobbered TATs.

2 hours ago, Chazgee said:

You can depend on their TATs. But they're currently behind on opening packages. It took them 15 business days (3 weeks) to open and enter my 2 Fast Track Modern books into the system.

Agreed C.  My box of 5 books arrived March 9, and it still hasn't been opened and entered into the system. Sigh

On 3/30/2021 at 1:16 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Agreed C.  My box of 5 books arrived March 9, and it still hasn't been opened and entered into the system. Sigh

UPDATE: CGC just opened the box yesterday, and a submission # has been created. So, 17 business days after their arrival.

Edited by BuscemasAvengers