• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are some of your least favorite covers?
3 3

191 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, B2D327 said:

I beg to differ in that sentiment

image.jpeg.e818e6ab8fb55afed3fa7c9304f066dc.jpeg

Listen.  Practically no one hates Liefeld more than I do.  The 90s age of craparama that he helped usher in was part of why I quit the hobby.  But.  I'm going to be honest with you all.

I like that NM 98 cover.  There.  I said it.  I'm not ashamed.  (Well, a little.)

2 hours ago, Poekaymon said:

Listen.  Practically no one hates Liefeld more than I do.  The 90s age of craparama that he helped usher in was part of why I quit the hobby.  But.  I'm going to be honest with you all.

I like that NM 98 cover.  There.  I said it.  I'm not ashamed.  (Well, a little.)

I'll agree.  With those NM and early X-Force covers you could still tell he had a boss to answer to and was grounded in reality.  By the time he was at Image for a year was when it really started going down hill.  He wasn't the only one it happened to either.  None of the rock star artists that left Marvel ever surpassed their work at Marvel in my estimation.  Not a single one.  The only one who maybe came close was Sam Keith.

I think one of life's basic truths is that we all need an editor no matter how good we are.  

27 minutes ago, Von Cichlid said:

I'll agree.  With those NM and early X-Force covers you could still tell he had a boss to answer to and was grounded in reality.  By the time he was at Image for a year was when it really started going down hill.  He wasn't the only one it happened to either.  None of the rock star artists that left Marvel ever surpassed their work at Marvel in my estimation.  Not a single one.  The only one who maybe came close was Sam Keith.

I think one of life's basic truths is that we all need an editor no matter how good we are.  

TRUTH
And Kirby editing himself-wtf?
"That's" how we "got" all "those" quote marks in his "dialogue".

So, they're not pseudo cops?

1.jpg

Edited by kav

Most the the variant covers for Archaia's assorted Labyrinth books are pretty good. The coloring book version of the 30th Anniversary special is really cute. Bastian's variant for Under the Spell is everything you want from a Bastian cover. The ComicsPRO cover for Coronation 1 hits Labyrinth's fantasy aesthetic square on.

And then there's the Coronation 1 Fried Pie cover. Maybe I'm just not a fan of Tula Lotay?

s-l400.jpg

1 minute ago, Coverless 9.8 said:

Special child abuse issue!  :wink:

I called CPS