• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OOF - This Grade Hurt (CGC 5.5 Hi-Res Scan Link in Post)

27 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Bottom left u can see a small dent in. The same thing happen to my charizard. U gotta see it close to notice it

That little nick dropped it to a 5.5? Lol okay I guess I’ll take it as is. Not reselling by any means, this was the first full art card I pulled so I wanted to preserve it for memory. 

I pulled a rainbow rare Team Yell Grunt in the pack right after. It was a fun night. 

5 minutes ago, C2N0 said:

That little nick dropped it to a 5.5? Lol okay I guess I’ll take it as is. Not reselling by any means, this was the first full art card I pulled so I wanted to preserve it for memory. 

I pulled a rainbow rare Team Yell Grunt in the pack right after. It was a fun night. 

I don't see why jus that nick, theirs other small scrape like on the sides but I don't understand why it's a 5.5 ( thats sad

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

card edges?

the back image i can see lots of issues unless it is just a bad scan.

I don't really see anything on the edges though, at least nothing that would drop this below a 6. The glare from the lighting kind of makes it hard to see if there's any major whitening on top or bottom, though to my knowledge there were no marred edges, scratches or otherwise when I submitted it. 

What issues can you spot on the back?

1 minute ago, C2N0 said:

I don't really see anything on the edges though, at least nothing that would drop this below a 6. The glare from the lighting kind of makes it hard to see if there's any major whitening on top or bottom, though to my knowledge there were no marred edges, scratches or otherwise when I submitted it. 

What issues can you spot on the back?

It could just be the scan but if you look at the back image of your card view the enlarged blowup and see the top left? It shouldn't look like that.

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

It could just be the scan but if you look at the back image of your card view the enlarged blowup and see the top left? It shouldn't look like that.

I saw that too, top left and bottom right, look really rough, but can't be sure from image.

1 minute ago, SilentMonkee said:

I saw that too, top left and bottom right, look really rough, but can't be sure from image.

correct, top left is edges issue, bottom right is surface issue.

I’ll verify it when it gets here. It’s getting sent via registered mail which is a whole other issue haha such a hassle. Wish I had known better and went for UPS or FedEx. 

From the front, looks like nicks in bottom left and top left corners, and then the centering isn't doing it any favors either, left to right is off enough that it's visually easy to spot. Like you said though, I wouldn't have expected a 5.5, that's more like 7-8 range in my opinion. Not sure what's making up the rest of it

20 minutes ago, bulldog1986 said:

From the front, looks like nicks in bottom left and top left corners, and then the centering isn't doing it any favors either, left to right is off enough that it's visually easy to spot. Like you said though, I wouldn't have expected a 5.5, that's more like 7-8 range in my opinion. Not sure what's making up the rest of it

Same here. I sent in an old beat up cd promo in the same order and that card also rated a 5.5 (expected), but there is a stark difference in the condition of the two. Like it’s not even close haha. 

On 3/30/2021 at 6:58 PM, C2N0 said:

Not sure what happened here so I'll leave it for the forum to take a look at. Pack fresh, straight into sleeves, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary on the surface or corners. Do you guys see anything?

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/3795063019/

Should have got sub grades... then you would know. :(

13 minutes ago, Deha88 said:

Should have got sub grades... then you would know. :(

True but this order wasn’t really meant for flipping so it didn’t really warrant the extra cash. I would have had to put sub grades on all 20 cards or do a split order and pay for extra shipping. Didn’t feel like it was worth it. 

At this point, the slab is just for lulz. 

Same thing happened to me with a Leon SR. Went straight from pack to sleeve/top holder and I sent in. Card received a 6.5. I didn't have any sub grades either since I planned on keeping it. But it was hard to tell what the issues may be. It looks like it may be edges You can see for yourself as well.

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/3784361004/

6 minutes ago, Ninjawerks said:

Same thing happened to me with a Leon SR. Went straight from pack to sleeve/top holder and I sent in. Card received a 6.5. I didn't have any sub grades either since I planned on keeping it. But it was hard to tell what the issues may be. It looks like it may be edges You can see for yourself as well.

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/3784361004/

Pain. Let me just stick to Japanese cards then haha I’ll get at least a 9 on the ones I want.