• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA shut down until July. Will CGC follow?
3 3

366 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

PSA

"we recently received more cards in three days than we did during the previous three months. "

"it would be disingenuous for us to continue to accept submissions for cards that we will be unable to process in the foreseeable future"

Wow

Sorry, to say but if they can't process/complete orders in a timely manner these companies should look up the laws. This kind of stuff can't be legal. It should of been put to a halt ages ago. All of them. They should know their times for acceptance. Either make clear times or shut down.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

1 minute ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Sorry, to say but if they can't process these companies should look up the laws. This kind of stuff can't be legal. It should of been put to a halt ages ago. All of them.

I'm not sure which laws they are breaking but this isn't a good situation.  As many cards received in 3 days as the previous 3 months or about a 30 times increase is pretty shocking.  There's no way they could have anticipated a volume increase like this and there's no way they can hire and train enough staff or work enough overtime to keep up.

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

I'm not sure which laws they are breaking but this isn't a good situation.  As many cards received in 3 days as the previous 3 months or about a 30 times increase is pretty shocking.  There's no way they could have anticipated a volume increase like this and there's no way they can hire and train enough staff or work enough overtime to keep up.

Like I said before don't accept more than you can handle simple as that. They know what they can handle and they are being completely negligent about the situation. If they can't handle it simple as that don't accept it. Legally, a company has to honor their turnarounds by a certain amount of time. I am pretty sure in every state that law remains. Plus you can't hold possessions/funds captive. Another word for that could be classified as a scam.

2 minutes ago, LuckyMouse said:

CGC is going to have to respond in this in some way. Spent 5 minutes on FB and people are already talking about getting orders sent to CGC asap.

I really hope they respond to all my posts because until my stuff gets graded or returned im not going to stop pressing for my cards. It's way past my estimation. I don't like that my money and cards from 12/11 are captive.

3 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

Good luck with your online law degree and good luck going up against CGC’s law team when  they’ve had lawyers on their team that include someone who sued Libya over the Lockerbie bombing and on a whistle blower client against a former President of the United States.

Oh, so you think they are untouchable even when they break laws? 🤣 Give me a break. I don't plan on sueing them but I am saying that everything happening is rather sickening and I'd hate for someone to use this in court. Because the Pandemic excuse or increased production can only be used for so long. When you are completely aware of it yet you have had months to fix it / have not.

2 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Oh, so you think they are untouchable even when they break laws? 🤣 Give me a break. I don't plan on sueing them but I am saying that everything happening is rather sickening and I'd hate for someone to use this in court. Because the Pandemic excuse or increased production can only be used for so long. When you are completely aware of it yet you have had months to fix it / have not.

What laws? Actually cite the law please. Not some lame google search of some vague thing you find. 

There have been tons of lawyers on the CGC boards comic section for years and some pretty horrific turn around for comics grading and CGC is still here today.

5 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Like I said before don't accept more than you can handle simple as that. They know what they can handle and they are being completely negligent about the situation. If they can't handle it simple as that don't accept it. Legally, a company has to honor their turnarounds by a certain amount of time. I am pretty sure in every state that law remains. Plus you can't hold possessions/funds captive. Another word for that could be classified as a scam.

"A scam is a deceptive scheme or trick used to cheat someone out of something, especially money."

Sorry Shining, I know you're unhappy and I can't blame you but scam isn't a fair description of this situation.  This isn't a trick to steal your money, this is a delay caused by massive, unexpected demand.  I'd imagine CGC will stop accepting cards soon.

1 minute ago, Mephisto said:

What laws? Actually cite the law please. Not some lame google search of some vague thing you find. 

There have been tons of lawyers on the CGC boards comic section for years and some pretty horrific turn around for comics grading and CGC is still here today.

Has there ever been an over 100 business days and growing turn around time for comics? I haven't been around since the beginning of CGC but I don't remember ever seeing a time like this.