• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA shut down until July. Will CGC follow?
3 3

366 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Im not made of money either lol but im losing money if this stuff doesnt come back in a certain time frame. Each month that goes by and i cant turn over product is less money to reinvest. Ill take a small loss now so I can regroup and make it back later on down the line.

But yeah, the TAT's between those two make zero sense. I think I had a bulk order actually get done before economy. Anything from december will be done within the next month or so. Anything from January on, lol who knows. I wouldnt recommend having CGC hold anything from that time frame unless you legit dont care if you get it back sometime this year or not. I thought for a while that things would stablize, but this PSA news, rip CGC bulk/economy lol. Its dead. People should not try to submit anything slower than standard at this point.

And its not that nobody has an issue with being annoyed at CGC, since right now yeah the service kinda sucks unless you pay and cut the line. Its just the people who go on and on and start acting like its this huge injustice being casted upon them. Im not super old, but I been around long enough to know the difference between actually getting screwed over, verses a card company wanting to take a bit of my profits essentially by asking for more money. Some of these people need to leave their house once in a while (at least when corona is over).

Some of your posts have been pure gold so far, but this one lost me right about here. The rest was at least well stated.  

Everyone who hates the TAT, use this to keep yourself from giving them your money again.

Do we need a recap here?

We've had shinning wonder cards go from being upset his worth more raw personal collection cards being tied up, to his super expensive paying for Pdiddys yacht graded cards being held hostage.

29 is the new 12, THAT is the generational gap. Playing on your phones instead of playing with yourself has made you even dumber than your parents.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Everyone who hates the TAT, use this to keep yourself from giving them your money again.

Do we need a recap here?

We've had shinning wonder cards go from being upset his worth more raw personal collection cards being tied up, to his super expensive paying for Pdiddys yacht graded cards being held hostage.

29 is the new 12, THAT is the generational gap. Playing on your phones instead of playing with yourself has made you even dumber than your parents.

image.gif.05fbfba19d0005413f1fca5abd80e9e1.gif

8 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

They just bought a new facility.  Huge hiring and training. They also expanded their vault. Will TAT increase?  More than likely as it takes time for all of this, but with all of the expansion,  I doubt they will suspend intake. Only grow to meet demand. That is why they are the top of the market for comics and are aiming for the same with cards. 

PSA I'm pretty sure acquired two. They have a lot of other business than pokemon but still. Takes a while to furnish and hire for it to be operational. They may be looking at a wave they aren't prepared to handle even if Job site 2 was already running. Maybe I'm too conservative but I'd think they'd preemptively limit them, like yesterday before everyone sends what was going to PSA to them and mess hits the fan. Then once building two is up and running start taking on more and more as production allows. Easier to prevent than to deal with the fallout.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

dNrg0Rm.gif.e42601452bef79416a01f8482215c567.gif

Post of the year material! 

14 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Im not made of money either lol but im losing money if this stuff doesnt come back in a certain time frame. Each month that goes by and i cant turn over product is less money to reinvest. Ill take a small loss now so I can regroup and make it back later on down the line.

But yeah, the TAT's between those two make zero sense. I think I had a bulk order actually get done before economy. Anything from december will be done within the next month or so. Anything from January on, lol who knows. I wouldnt recommend having CGC hold anything from that time frame unless you legit dont care if you get it back sometime this year or not. I thought for a while that things would stablize, but this PSA news, rip CGC bulk/economy lol. Its dead. People should not try to submit anything slower than standard at this point.

And its not that nobody has an issue with being annoyed at CGC, since right now yeah the service kinda sucks unless you pay and cut the line. Its just the people who go on and on and start acting like its this huge injustice being casted upon them. Im not super old, but I been around long enough to know the difference between actually getting screwed over, verses a card company wanting to take a bit of my profits essentially by asking for more money. Some of these people need to leave their house once in a while (at least when corona is over).

I'm somewhat in the same boat, I've moved to selling mostly sealed product but at this point it sure would be nice just to liquidate those cards graded or not.

2 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

PSA I'm pretty sure acquired two. They have a lot of other business than pokemon but still. Takes a while to furnish and hire for it to be operational. They may be looking at a wave they aren't prepared to handle even if Job site 2 was already running. Maybe I'm too conservative but I'd think they'd preemptively limit them, like yesterday before everyone sends what was going to PSA to them and mess hits the fan. Then once building two is up and running start taking on more and more as production allows. Easier to prevent than to deal with the fallout.

I do understand the thought and only time will tell. Yes it does take a while for everything to be up and operational, but like they have done with comics in the past during con seasons. They will push through. I know these are unprecedented times. We will see if they adapt or pause. 

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I do understand the thought and only time will tell. Yes it does take a while for everything to be up and operational, but like they have done with comics in the past during con seasons. They will push through. I know these are unprecedented times. We will see if they adapt or pause. 

Yeah, it'll be something to see for sure. I think this is on a scale that simply can't matched. There's never been anything even remotely close to this size of interest, or money flowing into cards. Not something to be underestimated, I've seen people getting into fights over cards at stores multiple times. Gettin wild out in these card streets.

6 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Yeah, it'll be something to see for sure. I think this is on a scale that simply can't matched. There's never been anything even remotely close to this size of interest, or money flowing into cards. Not something to be underestimated, I've seen people getting into fights over cards at stores multiple times. Gettin wild out in these card streets.

When it gets crazy like that I just take a page from a fellow boardie. Jimmers if your watching..  @porcupine48VTpAiZX.gif.e36fe24671729aedefd0fea62739ca9f.gif

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Nobody wants to fight a naked man..

12 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

When it gets crazy like that I just take a page from a fellow boardie. Jimmers if your watching..  @porcupine48VTpAiZX.gif.e36fe24671729aedefd0fea62739ca9f.gif

I'm watching people fight in the comic book shares thread.

But peeps are saying cards have never been nutso before?

Hell,were they not around or remember the late eighties,early nineties before comics and cards went bust?

Honus Wagner sold for bucks,Gretzky and John Candy got involved and things were tres craycray.

Comic and card shops everywhere and card shows in halls like three days a week.

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

I'm watching people fight in the comic book shares thread.

But peeps are saying cards have never been nutso before?

Hell,were they not around or remember the late eighties,early nineties before comics and cards went bust?

Honus Wagner sold for bucks,Gretzky and John Candy got involved and things were tres craycray.

Comic and card shops everywhere and card shows in halls like three days a week.

You speak the truth.  It was a truly crazy time.