• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which CGC comic is your most prized slab?
6 6

366 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

That's very high level. It's "grading" from 1000 feet. Once you get into the weeds and start analyzing books closely, it's different and that level of detail is not comprehensively published by CGC. Only CGC employees know those details. You can get a glimmer of it from grader's notes but that's about it. 

Agreed 100%

Be interesting to know about all these 9.8 moderns and how they will hold up over the course of say, the next 30 years.

Will today's 9.8 be tomorrow's 9.8?

Honestly doubt it. You see the paper quality these days? Covers are literally going to fall in half. 

Can't wait to get my sub back so I can inspect closely those spines I subbed. 

Guess I'm stuck at where moderns are. 

I also still think 1990 was 10 years ago

So, what books were worth stabbing in 2000?

Does anyone know what the pag quality was back then? Having collected in the 90s, the only difference I noticed in page quality was when Marvel moved from newsstand to direct. 

And MCP. 

On 3/31/2021 at 11:46 AM, Galen130 said:

Nothing as fancy as these posted CGC SS books, but this was my first comic as a kid.  

3E247730-6038-4318-A996-DBD3F78F2D0B.jpeg

Love this book.  Thanks for sharing!  Would be great if they could work him into the MCU somehow.  But ANYTHING is possible in the Marvel worlds so who knows..

Edited by mcribar
Weirdness

2 hours ago, Testinadicalicious said:

I know they don't have the newer crappy cover stock, but there are lots of 9.8s that have been slabbed for the past 20 years 

Thats what she said !