• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cgc should stop receiving cards
1 1

166 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Toybot said:

Man, you just aren't aware how amazing Yaris are. They are like the 86 of our time. I was lapping Porches on HPDEs in one cause my STi was down. RWD is an over valued platform for most people. FWD is just so much more fun, especially in sub 3000 pounds. RWD feels more like a chore -.-0 Careful not to overlift! Careful not to Trail Brake too much! Careful not to get back on the gas too hard! Careful not to blah blah blah. FWD don't give 2 fs, Just brake hard into a trail brake and smash the gas, hit the apex with a big s eating grin- what makes it so fun.

I did say several times I am not in the flipping game right now, correct? I hustled in the OG so I know what you are talking about those small gains is all it is, just done as many times as you can. I get it.

But- again, I am not in the FLIP game anymore. Like you said, it only makes so much money now compared to a normal job. And unlike a normal job, there's no stability. I simply changed my assets from some of my Silver(not my good stuff like Mint Fresh 1944 and under silver coins in rolls[dime, nickel, quarter, half and full dollar or Silver ATBs). I barely spent a penny of my liquid cash on any of this.

So far, I have double-tripled my value in a week. Again- ON A LONG INVESTMENT. I am happy :)

Didnt you just buy a bunch of "banned" cards? Which btw arent banned. I hate when people say that since its total bogus. Banned cards would be like Ghetsis or Sneasel. They never banned Moo Moo Milk or Sabrina's Gaze. They changed the artworks before they came to the US. They were never banned from tournaments. Slowking was a banned card. Shaymin EX is now a banned card in extended. There was no point where they banned Misty's Tears or Grimer in Standard nor were the artworks "banned". Lots of stuff marked towards kids in the US from Japan has had artworks redid.

3 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Didnt you just buy a bunch of "banned" cards? Which btw arent banned. I hate when people say that since its total bogus. Banned cards would be like Ghetsis or Sneasel. They never banned Moo Moo Milk or Sabrina's Gaze. They changed the artworks before they came to the US. They were never banned from tournaments. Slowking was a banned card. Shaymin EX is now a banned card in extended. There was no point where they banned Misty's Tears or Grimer in Standard nor were the artworks "banned". Lots of stuff marked towards kids in the US from Japan has had artworks redid.

Well we are just talking about 2 VERY different types of banned here my friend.

Have you seen Misty's Tears Up Close? She's not just naked, she's FULL BOOB (Front, Top, Side) naked. It's literally almost Hentai. I am a little worried to even post an upclose picture of the art cause it literally is almost Hentai.

I am sorry to say but collectors tend not to care about what's good in the game. Technically every energy card is more useful than a 1st Edition Base Charizard(boy, Charizard did suck so much didn't he?) but look at the price and tell me game play has any real world effect on collectors pricing? I am not too aware but I heard prior generations where cards were good at the game were priced pretty high but as soon as it rotated to the next set, prices fell like a rock and pretty much stayed there. My Jungle Scyther(arguably one of the best pokemon in vintage) is not worth alot just cause it's good at the game.

Just is what it is.

1 minute ago, Toybot said:

Well we are just talking about 2 VERY different types of banned here my friend.

Have you seen Misty's Tears Up Close? She's not just naked, she's FULL BOOB (Front, Top, Side) naked. It's literally almost Hentai. I am a little worried to even post an upclose picture of the art cause it literally is almost Hentai.

I am sorry to say but collectors tend not to care about what's good in the game. Technically every energy card is more useful than a 1st Edition Base Charizard(boy, Charizard did suck so much didn't he?) but look at the price and tell me game play has any real world effect on collectors pricing? I am not too aware but I heard prior generations where cards were good at the game were priced pretty high but as soon as it rotated to the next set, prices fell like a rock and pretty much stayed there. My Jungle Scyther(arguably one of the best pokemon in vintage) is not worth alot just cause it's good at the game.

Just is what it is.

They were never banned in the first place. Thats a myth. Cards being edited for american release doesnt mean the japanese version was banned. Japanese cards were never tournament legal in the united states in the first place. In Yugioh, they edited a ton of cards for the american release. Cards like call of the haunted, spell binding circle, monster reborn, dark magician girl, etc. were all edited from their japanese counterparts. That doesnt mean the japanese cards were banned since they never were allowed in american tournaments in the first place. And they werent banned in japan, so its just a bunch of BS in the first place. Its no different than the poke gods from the GB games that were just rumors and just made up stuff.

And scyther had 3 printings. It was a regular rare and a holo and it was reprinted in base set 2. It wasnt expensive. Most of haymaker was rares, uncommon trainers, and the only foil was hitmonchan from the starter deck. The Pokemon TCG has never been expensive in its existance. Most of the cards get reprinted or are never high rarity.  Most tournament cards never get expensive since they get reprinted into oblivion. 

13 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

They were never banned in the first place. Thats a myth. Cards being edited for american release doesnt mean the japanese version was banned. Japanese cards were never tournament legal in the united states in the first place. In Yugioh, they edited a ton of cards for the american release. Cards like call of the haunted, spell binding circle, monster reborn, dark magician girl, etc. were all edited from their japanese counterparts. That doesnt mean the japanese cards were banned since they never were allowed in american tournaments in the first place. And they werent banned in japan, so its just a bunch of BS in the first place. Its no different than the poke gods from the GB games that were just rumors and just made up stuff.

And scyther had 3 printings. It was a regular rare and a holo and it was reprinted in base set 2. It wasnt expensive. Most of haymaker was rares, uncommon trainers, and the only foil was hitmonchan from the starter deck. The Pokemon TCG has never been expensive in its existance. Most of the cards get reprinted or are never high rarity.  Most tournament cards never get expensive since they get reprinted into oblivion. 

You are in-correct. Japan changed Misty's Tears Art.

Japan Changed Koga's Ninja Trick- which funny enough made the revision more rare cause it was done later in the run.

Sabrina's Gaze was also changed in Japan.

Jynx is Purple from Outside Japan, which was Black 98 and earlier in Japan. One year before international release Japan began making Jynx more Purple. This is an alteration and everyone who knows about it agrees. I disagree with those who say the Coro Coro ones are banned cause those are just cards normally exclusive to Japan without any outside Japan printings of the same card/art/anything.

Moo-Moo Milk is indeed banned as Japan has altered all future iterations of Moo-Moo Milk to be more inline with the International artwork. Plus man, I was picking those up for $5-8. Now I can't win an auction under $25 on them. What a price increase.

These are not rumors. Go look it up yourself. If you like, later I can send an upclose picture of Misty's Tears then tell me if you think it was appropriate for kids to have such Graphic Cards, ESPECIALLY in the mid 90's.

Again- you can scream all the way around the world that X card is better at the game, collectors don't care.

Edited by Toybot

3 minutes ago, Toybot said:

You are in-correct. Japan changed Misty's Tears Art.

Japan Changed Koga's Ninja Trick- which funny enough made the revision more rare cause it was done later in the run.

Sabrina's Gaze was also changed in Japan.

Jynx is Purple from Outside Japan, which was Black 98 and earlier in Japan. One year before international release Japan began making Jynx more Purple. This is an alteration and everyone who knows about it agrees. I disagree with those who say the Coro Coro ones are banned cause those are just cards normally exclusive to Japan without any outside Japan printings of the same card/art/anything.

Moo-Moo Milk is indeed banned as Japan has altered all future iterations of Moo-Moo Milk to be more inline with the International artwork. Plus man, I was picking those up for $5-8. Now I can't win an auction under $25 on them. What a price increase.

These are not rumors. Go look it up yourself. If you like, later I can send an upclose picture of Misty's Tears then tell me if you think it was appropriate for kids to have such Graphic Cards, ESPECIALLY in the mid 90's.

Again- you can scream all the way around the world that X card is better at the game, collectors don't care.

They arent reprinting those cards in standard ever again. Most trainers from the 2nd gen arent making any appearances in tournaments anymore in the first place since trianers are now supporters and the rules behind them have changed dramtically. Im thinking someone out there is peddling a bunch of lies or collectors are just dumb since what your saying makes zero sense. There was zero plans ever reprint cards from that era to begin with.

Im not screaming anything. Im just stating the facts. Its not my fault that there is a large amount of people who want to live in a different reality. What is actually banned in the Pokemon TCG arent any of the cards you bought. Its just a bunch of made up stuff. If you want to capitalize on a bunch of lies, be my guess. I personally think its too cringy for me to bother.

6 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

They arent reprinting those cards in standard ever again. Most trainers from the 2nd gen arent making any appearances in tournaments anymore in the first place since trianers are now supporters and the rules behind them have changed dramtically. Im thinking someone out there is peddling a bunch of lies or collectors are just dumb since what your saying makes zero sense. There was zero plans ever reprint cards from that era to begin with.

Im not screaming anything. Im just stating the facts. Its not my fault that there is a large amount of people who want to live in a different reality. What is actually banned in the Pokemon TCG arent any of the cards you bought. Its just a bunch of made up stuff. If you want to capitalize on a bunch of lies, be my guess. I personally think its too cringy for me to bother.

Ok- Last Time I am Saying This.

You are talking about GAMEPLAY banned cards.

I am talking about ARTWORK banned cards.

These are 2 VERY DIFFERENT THINGS and are banned for VERY DIFFERENT REASONS.

Collectors have not, do not, and will not ever care what is good at the game otherwise Charizard would be WORTHLESS.

Collectors care about a multitude of other factors, Gameplay(and any cards Banned because of it) is not even on the radar.

The only time I can think of a GAMEPLAY banned card being worth anything to collectors is if it made the print limited. Sure, those would have collectors value but again for differing reasons.

Edited by Toybot

12 minutes ago, Toybot said:

Ok- Last Time I am Saying This.

You are talking about GAMEPLAY banned cards.

I am talking about ARTWORK banned cards.

These are 2 VERY DIFFERENT THINGS and are banned for VERY DIFFERENT REASONS.

Collectors have not, do not, and will not ever care what is good at the game otherwise Charizard would be WORTHLESS.

Collectors care about a multitude of other factors, Gameplay(and any cards Banned because of it) is not even on the radar.

The only time I can think of a GAMEPLAY banned card being worth anything to collectors is if it made the print limited. Sure, those would have collectors value but again for differing reasons.

The artworks never had plans of reprints in the first place. Outside of evolutions, supreme victors and dragon majesty, they dont reuse or reprint old artworks from the earlier generations. They are just as banned as base set blastoise in that they dont reprint old artworks in the first place. Moo moo milk is never going to be in standard ever again, regardless of its artwork. Same with all the "banned trainers". They had zero plans to reuse the artwork and they were never banned from tournaments, so its all a myth.

Its a bunch of BS made up to hype up old garbage. Anyone who pays money for it isnt bright to began with and has zero comprehension of how card production works.

15 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

The artworks never had plans of reprints in the first place. Outside of evolutions, supreme victors and dragon majesty, they dont reuse or reprint old artworks from the earlier generations. They are just as banned as base set blastoise in that they dont reprint old artworks in the first place. Moo moo milk is never going to be in standard ever again, regardless of its artwork. Same with all the "banned trainers". They had zero plans to reuse the artwork and they were never banned from tournaments, so its all a myth.

Its a bunch of BS made up to hype up old garbage. Anyone who pays money for it isnt bright to began with and has zero comprehension of how card production works.

Explain why a 1st Edition Charizard, which meets all the criteria you just layed out, is worth more than say literally any card that was printed as many times?

All those cards I listed off are changed prints. I.E in the middle of the run, the artwork was CHANGED. Moo-moo/Jynx being a bit different. If you look at US version of Moo-moo, the reprints are not based on the first Japanese one, INCLUDING JAPANESE REPRINTS, not the banned version I have.

I think you are getting too tied up in semantics in using the Word "Banned."

Would you prefer "Altered"? "Mid Run Change"? What? Cause I feel the problem lies with that I am using the word Banned here and you won't show any flexibility to let that include any reason outside of gameplay.

Edited by Toybot

13 minutes ago, Toybot said:

Explain why a 1st Edition Charizard, which meets all the criteria you just layed out, is worth more than say literally any card that was printed as many times?

All those cards I listed off are changed prints. I.E in the middle of the run, the artwork was CHANGED. Moo-moo/Jynx being a bit different. If you look at US version of Moo-moo, the reprints are not based on the first Japanese one, INCLUDING JAPANESE REPRINTS, not the banned version I have.

I think you are getting too tied up in semantics in using the Word "Banned."

Would you prefer "Altered"? "Mid Run Change"? What? Cause I feel the problem lies with that I am using the word Banned here and you won't show any flexibility to let that include any reason outside of gameplay.

Its common for alot of anime to be altered to US audiances and same with TCGs. Yugioh was literally rewritten for a completely different demographic. The world banned isnt close to appropriate. None of these cards had reprints and never will regardless of what their art is. Its just all made up and a myth like poke gods being under bills house or mew under the truck. You do you. I dont care how you make your money. Im just saying that an artwork that had no US release and was never banned from japanese tournaments or was never planned to be reused in the first place was never banned to begin with.

15 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Its common for alot of anime to be altered to US audiances and same with TCGs. Yugioh was literally rewritten for a completely different demographic. The world banned isnt close to appropriate. None of these cards had reprints and never will regardless of what their art is. Its just all made up and a myth like poke gods being under bills house or mew under the truck. You do you. I dont care how you make your money. Im just saying that an artwork that had no US release and was never banned from japanese tournaments or was never planned to be reused in the first place was never banned to begin with.

Patience....

OK!

Misty's Tears were altered in JAPAN CAUSE IT HAS HER NAKED. NAKED.

NAKED.

FULL BOOBY HENTAI FAN FICTION NAKED.

JAPAN changed it, NOT THE USA.

JAPAN CHANGED IT BEFORE ANY ENGLISH SPEAKER EVER SAID THE WORDS POKEMON CARD.

Explain that please and for Gaze with the Middle Finger, Grimer Looking up a Skirt, and Koga's Ninja Trick Swat Symbol Change to whatever the new symbol is.

Cause Japan did ALL THAT before 1999 when it was released for international markets.

Edited by Toybot

7 minutes ago, Toybot said:

Patience....

OK!

Misty's Tears were altered in JAPAN CAUSE IT HAS HER NAKED. NAKED.

NAKED.

FULL BOOBY HENTAI FAN FICTION NAKED.

JAPAN changed it, NOT THE USA.

JAPAN CHANGED IT BEFORE ANY ENGLISH SPEAKER EVER SAID THE WORD POKEMON.

Explain that please and for Gaze with the Middle Finger, Grimer Looking up a Skirt, and Koga's Ninja Trick Swat Symbol Change to whatever the new symbol is.

Cause Japan did ALL THAT before 1999 when it was released for international markets.

They never changed it in Japan. There was never another printing with new artwork. Again, you dont realize that in US releases of anime or TCG relates things that alters occur all the time. Its not some pokemon exclusive thing.

Nothing was banned. Its a gimmick made up to sell a bunch of crappy japanese cards. You been lied to your whole life. Enjoy your profits but know that the art wasnt banned. A change in localization isnt banning something. Its literally that, an alteration for a different audiance.  There is nothing special about it since its a common thing done in the industry.

Edited by geraldfordfan69

7 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

They never changed it in Japan. There was never another printing with new artwork. Again, you dont realize that in US releases of anime or TCG relates things that alters occur all the time. Its not some pokemon exclusive thing.

Nothing was banned. Its a gimmick made up to sell a bunch of crappy japanese cards. You been lied to your whole life. Enjoy your profits but know that the art wasnt banned. A change in localization isnt banning something. Its literally that, an alteration for a different audiance.  There is nothing special about it since its a common thing done in the industry.

You are 100% right!

It is completely normal to have hentai in a children's game card.

While I am at it am going to make a time machine and listen to the 20 years younger you advice of not getting a single item in my 13 year old me collection. 

I tried, I give up.

No one listen to a thing I said, no way Japan changed cards. It's all a conspiracy. I infact made these cards in my bathroom and spread decades of misinformation. 

THESE CARDS ARE NOT REAL

20210401_201750.thumb.jpg.6629b533d156eb920e4eca0320968609.jpg

1 hour ago, CamelJR said:

A lot of people call them "banned" but really they mean "censored"

Honestly, I just call em Banned cause people are more likely to understand(or so I thought) what it means. I think censored doesn't exactly work cause it's not like it's blurred out. To be fair, Banned doesn't either cause they were never "banned" from anything.

Ultimately, I don't care what the term is called to describe what these cards are. Currently, everyone who knows about them call them Banned Cards. It's what it was called 20 years ago too so wtvr.

So back on topic: If anyone has been following the CGC Trading cards Instagram, it’s story is basically nonstop bulk submissions, one that was over 1200 cards from just one guy, to be graded. If it keeps up, bulk is a doomed till next year lol. I can only imagine how many more people are sending in stacks like this. 

11 hours ago, Toybot said:
11 hours ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

You are 100% right!

It is completely normal to have hentai in a children's game card.

While I am at it am going to make a time machine and listen to the 20 years younger you advice of not getting a single item in my 13 year old me collection. 

I tried, I give up.

love with each other.gif

4 minutes ago, C2N0 said:

So back on topic: If anyone has been following the CGC Trading cards Instagram, it’s story is basically nonstop bulk submissions, one that was over 1200 cards from just one guy, to be graded. If it keeps up, bulk is a doomed till next year lol. I can only imagine how many more people are sending in stacks like this. 

The price is too low!