• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are Comic books dead or dying?
6 6

339 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

The B Obama signature looks like the autopen signature he gives out when you write to him.

I also doubt a sitting president would be signing those cards but what would I know?

The president of the United States serves as the honorary president of the Boy Scouts of America. In this capacity, The sitting president traditionally has the honor of signing Eagle Scout certificates. It all started with Theodore Roosevelt. Since then it's been a tradition! I also have pope francis but sadly the ink bleed through the picture of him which caused it to bleed ontop the certificate. (Only if you are Christian and baptist or they basically igrone you) Screenshot_20210401-144355.thumb.png.4a129ac759ce361b3783bca735232d1b.png

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

The B Obama signature looks like the autopen signature he gives out when you write to him.

I also doubt a sitting president would be signing those cards but what would I know?

It would have been cool to get a letter from Steve Jobs... If only he didnt die I could've gotten his as well.. I have a little over 80 signatures from Steven King all the way to Joe Biden to the CEO of Coke! I am not bragging I swear to God but becoming Eagle Scout took me since I joined which I was in 3rd grade till 12th grade. Even if Obama is autopen (the ink bleed through the paper so I don't think it's autopen since it wouldn't do that) I am happy I have Bill Gates, Steven King, Joe Biden, The Pope, a signed football by Sean Hannity, and others

https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2013/03/08/eagle-letters/

8 minutes ago, Matthew Kyle Brasile said:

The president of the United States serves as the honorary president of the Boy Scouts of America. In this capacity, The sitting president traditionally has the honor of signing Eagle Scout certificates. It all started with Theodore Roosevelt. Since then it's been a tradition! I also have pope francis but sadly the ink bleed through the picture of him which caused it to bleed ontop the certificate. (Only if you are Christian and baptist or they basically igrone you) Screenshot_20210401-144355.thumb.png.4a129ac759ce361b3783bca735232d1b.png

I'm not a signature expert. But most of the signatures you get in the mail from well known celebrities are not signed by their hand. The idea that a sitting president is signing hundreds of Eagle Scout cards is unrealistic.

Autopens use live ink, autopens have ink bleed through.

Personally I do not believe the Pope is signing his own mail but that is my opinion. I have seen signed Pope Francis stuff pop up because he has been signing for fans at the Vatican but I havn't seen any legit mailed in signatures from him.

7 minutes ago, Matthew Kyle Brasile said:

It would have been cool to get a letter from Steve Jobs... If only he didnt die I could've gotten his as well.. I have a little over 80 signatures from Steven King all the way to Joe Biden to the CEO of Coke! I am not bragging I swear to God but becoming Eagle Scout took me since I joined which I was in 3rd grade till 12th grade. Even if Obama is autopen (the ink bleed through the paper so I don't think it's autopen since it wouldn't do that) I am happy I have Bill Gates, Steven King, Joe Biden, The Pope, a signed football by Sean Hannity, and others

https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2013/03/08/eagle-letters/

Yeah that was the picture I saw that I was comparing to yours.

1769965715_ScreenShot2021-04-01at3_03_52PM.thumb.png.d5afe8d49e9471f3cae1a7606a2610f3.png

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

I'm not a signature expert. But most of the signatures you get in the mail from well known celebrities are not signed by their hand. The idea that a sitting president is signing hundreds of Eagle Scout cards is unrealistic.

Autopens use live ink, autopens have ink bleed through.

Personally I do not believe the Pope is signing his own mail but that is my opinion. I have seen signed Pope Francis stuff pop up because he has been signing for fans at the Vatican but I havn't seen any legit mailed in signatures from him.

99% of them are ghost signed by secretaries,  or auto penned.

Sorry to burst your bubble. 

I'll have to say I"m really impressed:takeit:

Btw, what are your thoughts on Bitcoin? 

There was once a less then savory character ...actually a bit swarmy.... that showed up and touted the benefits .  Now in retrospect, he may have been right all along.... @Comics4All

Edited by Wolverinex

1 minute ago, Matthew Kyle Brasile said:

So it's worthless? man I just ended up throwing them all way. I also took down my eagle mess

No , sentimentality.  But real? That's something else.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Kyle Brasile said:

So it's worthless? man I just ended up throwing them all way. 

get someone to look at them.

I think the Jimmy Carter one is probably real. He has a really good reputation for that kind of stuff.

My suggestions is joining one of the RACC groups on facebook and asking for advice or you can always take pictures and send them to https://www.autographcoa.com/

They have always been legit in my experience.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

I think the Jimmy Carter one is probably real. He has a really good reputation for that kind of stuff.

My suggestions is joining one of the RACC groups on facebook and asking for advice or you can always take pictures and send them to https://www.autographcoa.com/

True but I know Bill Gates is real becasue he doesn't sign or respond to everyone letter. He asked to write a paragraph about yourself and then he hand picks. I wrote my heart into it and waited 8 weeks and got a letter back! Same with Steven King since he gave me a book that's addressed to me! He said Congratulations Matthew - Steven King. He also wanted a paragraph about yourself and don't respond to everyones request so I like to think pouring my heart out didn't amount to anything 

2 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Well, he is in the physical sense anyway. 😂

I've had messages with him since he stopped coming here. He's a nice young man. I was trying to give advice back in the day. Dunno if he used any of it.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

I got igroned by Paul McCartney while my little brother got his.. he waited over a year to get it back. My best friend got the entire team of the Patriots with Tom Brady and he wanted 5 months! I am satisfied with Bill Gates and Steven King! I'll get back to you on the results if y'all are curious

3 hours ago, Plantman said:

The $300 a day rate is feasible. But if he is working, say, 60 days a year making an average of $200 per day, that's $12000 a year. That's $60000 before he hits age 14.

He could have spent $50 a week on comics as a pre-teen, and he would still have about $47000 in savings. Where did that money go?

that work dries up from November - March and there are only a few days with enough snow between then to make money.

2 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

At age 22 this kid has about 100k in liquid investments all while going to school full time, paying rent, and a new car loan even though he takes public transportation. I’m impressed. I guess I should have bought SpaceX stock 

He goes to college in the middle of manhattan. driving in would cost him $50 a day or more in gas, tolls, and parking, so the LIRR is cheaper. Queens College would have made more sense, or one of the SUNY campuses in Long Island, but those are harder to get into nowadays.

2 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

I know people who own landscaping companies that make less in a day mowing lawns than this genius of enterprise did when he was 9

I don't think he was saying he made $200 a day at age 9, just that he has been hustling side jobs since then.