• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are Comic books dead or dying?
5 5

339 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Anyway, I'm not here to krap on the new kid. A little story telling puffery isn't illegal. I wish my teenager had the ambition to do enough with himself that he could exaggerate it by 50-100% and it still would be an accomplishment. With that said the teens who work at my local grocery store are pulling down $300 a week ($15 an hour) working part-time. Good for them. Wish my son would get off his arse, but the place that seems to hire a lot of teenagers is a 20 minute bike ride. Booh hooh..

My kid already knows when he’s 18 he’s either in school, working, or enlisting, or getting the hell out 

16 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

Are you saying my 1988 Presidential Academic Fitness Award WASN’T signed by Ronald Reagan? 😩

I do not know about that, but I do know he didn't sign my Mousercise Fitness Program certificate.  :sumo:

20210401_164315.thumb.jpg.bae4052e2b013f50123a0c9f206d30e6.jpg

But he was featured by them in the 50s Theater... 20210401_164428.thumb.jpg.b9333fb2598a861180d4aa79e7c55340.jpg

:roflmao:

15 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

My kid already knows when he’s 18 he’s either in school, working, or enlisting, or getting the hell out 

well, my kid is 15. he'd presumably in in college at 18 or working, likely both. i'm talking about right now.

My 15 year old wants to get into real estate investing and renting out multi units. He saw some ticktocks on it. When I showed him cheap multi family units within 3 hours of us that still required a $15K down payment he got sad.

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

God love a Seinfeldism.😂

They really should of done episode where a bumble bee keeps following george around stinging him and kramer says look-that bee....it has a real problem with you.  You need to find out what you did to aggravate it-and make things right.  And then seinfeld does a stand up routine about bees.  "Whats the deal with bees?  They sting you, you itch for a while, and they die.  Who won that one?"

4 minutes ago, kav said:

They really should of done episode where a bumble bee keeps following george around stinging him and kramer says look-that bee....it has a real problem with you.  You need to find out what you did to aggravate it-and make things right.  And then seinfeld does a stand up routine about bees.  "Whats the deal with bees?  They sting you, you itch for a while, and they die.  Who won that one?"

Just going to walk away from that one.. 81qkyf2n7w941.thumb.png.506eb14c9b2765a00901a36ecbf3273e.png

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Just going to walk away from that one.. 81qkyf2n7w941.thumb.png.506eb14c9b2765a00901a36ecbf3273e.png

Kramer-how to go from a universally loved celebrity to a universally despised in 5 minutes!!  lol 

When it comes to 'collectibles' older is always better.  This is based on scarcity, care of condition (which people didn't back in the 1930'2-1960's, hence the Church Pedigree value among others), and desirability. 

The kids paying thousands for variant covers are dopes.  The collectors holding Key Gold/Silver/Bronze and a few Coppers are the smart ones in the room.  As long as there is an AF 15 for sale, there will be many buyers bidding for it. 

3 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

When it comes to 'collectibles' older is always better.  This is based on scarcity, care of condition (which people didn't back in the 1930'2-1960's, hence the Church Pedigree value among others), and desirability. 

The kids paying thousands for variant covers are dopes.  The collectors holding Key Gold/Silver/Bronze and a few Coppers are the smart ones in the room.  As long as there is an AF 15 for sale, there will be many buyers bidding for it. 

tenor-1.gif.f16424076910a692845c7812ce2be08b.gif