• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk 449
2 2

51 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

At the end of the day?  What day?  Today, it doesn't make much difference.  In the future, there will be two different markets.  That's the difference it will make.

At the end of any day, I personally couldn't give a monkey's Tuss. :grin: I know there are people that do, but I personally just don't get it. 

1 hour ago, batmiesta said:

At the end of any day, I personally couldn't give a monkey's Tuss. :grin: I know there are people that do, but I personally just don't get it. 

Reading comprehension might help, but then again, I don't know many people so involved with monkey Tusses, so perhaps reading is lower on their priorities.

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Reading comprehension might help, but then again, I don't know many people so involved with monkey Tusses, so perhaps reading is lower on their priorities.

Lighten up chief. 

25 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

I feel like I'm seeing a trend lately. Flip over to general and it's @valiantmandefending an unpopular position against an angry mob.... 

And this argument is really about two different points and neither one is wrong. 

1st @valiantman is 100% right about Newstand editions. There is really no argument to be had. They are more valuable because the demand for them is greater.  There is indisputable evidence to back that up. 

The other argument being made doesn't contradict that fact. That is, that allot of collectors here don't put extra value in a bar code. I get that. I don't particularly either. 

But it doesn't negate the fact that Newstands are more valuable in most cases. 

OP - buy the Newstand if you care about that sort of thing. It will likely be more valuable. And if you don't care, buy the direct and save some coin. 

Thank you for that moment of clarity. 

6 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I feel like I'm seeing a trend lately. Flip over to general and it's @valiantmandefending an unpopular position against an angry mob.... 

And this argument is really about two different points and neither one is wrong. 

1st @valiantman is 100% right about Newstand editions. There is really no argument to be had. They are more valuable because the demand for them is greater.  There is indisputable evidence to back that up. 

The other argument being made doesn't contradict that fact. That is, that allot of collectors here don't put extra value in a bar code. I get that. I don't particularly either. 

OP - buy the Newstand if you care about that sort of thing. It will likely be more valuable. And if you don't care, buy the direct and save some coin. 

Well said.:applause:

9 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I came here to say something similar.  It reminds me of the Jaybuck arguments over whether white pages bring a premium.  If some people are willing to pay more and some aren't there will be a premium on the ones that some people are willing to pay more for.  The barcode makes no difference to me, but the fact that it makes a difference to some people means it will add cost (value) to that comic.  And what everyone is missing is this is good for everyone if some people want them with bar codes and some don't care.  If everyone wanted them with bar codes they would be even more expensive so the people for whom it makes a difference would have to spend more on their collectibles.  And if no one cared then the ones without the bar codes would cost more so those who don't care would be spending more on their comics without bar codes.

OP here are some things that some people put value on and some don't:

Newsstand Versions

Higher Page Quality

Price Variants (Traditional price variants.  Canadian Priced comics is a bit of an odd puppy since some people specifically don't want Canadian priced comics and some search them out)

Pedigrees

So if you can find a Newsstand, White Paged, Pedigreed, Price Variant Incredible Hulk 449 you should be able to tick all the boxes.

I think the whole newsstand varient is weird but people are willing to pay a premium so who am I to argue.  I will gladly sell them for more.   A secret wars 1 newsstand just sold for $3,000.