• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tec 27 attic find - April Fools
1 1

12 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

What're you? 8?

Lol, haven't bought I comic in awhile, guess I'm getting withdrawal that's manifesting into silliness.  Just trying to have a little light hearted fun.  Went out on a limb, seems it bombed.  Lesson learned, never, ever joke around about a Tech 27.  Collecting doesn't have to be that serious, right?  Happy April, welcome spring after what feels like a very long winter.

https://www.cbr.com/april-fools-pranks-in-comics/

Edited by path4play

15 minutes ago, path4play said:

Lol, haven't bought I comic in awhile, guess I'm getting withdrawal that's manifesting into silliness.  Just trying to have a little light hearted fun.  Went out on a limb, seems it bombed.  Lesson learned, never, ever joke around about a Tech 27.  Collecting doesn't have to be that serious, right?  Happy April, welcome spring after what feels like a very long winter.

https://www.cbr.com/april-fools-pranks-in-comics/

Very few funny book collectors seem to have a "funny bone" here.  It's really sad...must be the Investor influence...hm

We should stop calling them comic books and call them "little paper investments with drawn art"...

9 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Very few funny book collectors seem to have a "funny bone" here.  It's really sad...must be the Investor influence...hm

We should stop calling them comic books and call them "little paper investments with drawn art"...

They do take me back to the good feelings of being 8, which actually is sort of the point for me.  Its like feeling 8, but with the full expense of adulthood.

1 minute ago, path4play said:

They do take me back to the good feelings of being 8, which actually is sort of the point for me.  Its like feeling 8, but with the full expense of adulthood.

Alas, those of us who collect out of nostalgia and the "hunter/gatherer" instinct seem to be in the minority today...

Guess I'll go update the values of my 7,500 Little Paper Investments with Drawn Art...:eyeroll:

56 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

That would be called “cash”. Remember that?

2 hours ago, KCOComics said:

You shouldn't have put April Fools in the title. That would have gotten your views up!

I didn't (have it in the title) originally but seemed that tricking people with no reward/payoff once they clicked wasn't going over real well, so I added a link to https://www.cbr.com/april-fools-pranks-in-comics/  and changed the title in order not to fool anyone with an April Fool's - which of course then actually defeated the original purpose.  And all my comic brethren get to follow the craziness.

I didn’t see this till now but I would have enjoyed the prank!!! 

My son came from school a few years ago and said they made Brownies at school and asked if I wanted one. I said of course I do buddy!! He got in his book-bag and pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to me and said there you go Dad hope you like it. On the paper written in brown marker was a giant letter E!! A BROWN E!!! Totally fell for it!! 😂