• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Standard grading submission

11 posts in this topic

From what I’ve heard, it’s taking about a month for packages to be received (20 business days) and then the turnaround time begins. So for the standard tier it’s probably about 3 months total time from delivered to CGC to delivered back to you. 

1 hour ago, nickdrizzle said:

Don't get your hopes up... plan for a nice Christmas present

He said standard not bulk lol. Standard has been taking me around a little over a month at the moment to get things back. But with PSA shutting down and now SGC upping their pricing, CGC will get slammed and TAT's are going to be affected, so 3 months is probably accurate.

2 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

He said standard not bulk lol. Standard has been taking me around a little over a month at the moment to get things back. But with PSA shutting down and now SGC upping their pricing, CGC will get slammed and TAT's are going to be affected, so 3 months is probably accurate.

it was a joke, i can read. i'm just pissed that his shipment will prob take priority over my econ submission that i sent in jan (and already paid for). and even if i adjust tiers, my order will still be moved behind his according to cx

1 hour ago, nickdrizzle said:

it was a joke, i can read. i'm just pissed that his shipment will prob take priority over my econ submission that i sent in jan (and already paid for). and even if i adjust tiers, my order will still be moved behind his according to cx

Just pay more and cut the line. I know it sucks, but its better than waiting another 5 years to get your cards back. The price of grading went from 8 to 20 unofficially basically. 8 is only if you dont care if your cards dont come back this year.

And I cant imagine what is going to happen now with the billion new orders that are about to hit the system. 20 dollars will look like a steal within the next few weeks lol.

53 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Just pay more and cut the line. I know it sucks, but its better than waiting another 5 years to get your cards back. The price of grading went from 8 to 20 unofficially basically. 8 is only if you dont care if your cards dont come back this year.

And I cant imagine what is going to happen now with the billion new orders that are about to hit the system. 20 dollars will look like a steal within the next few weeks lol.

you technically dont cut the line or have your received date grandfathered in, you move to the back of the tier you select  

1 minute ago, nickdrizzle said:

you technically dont cut the line or have your received date grandfathered in, you move to the back of the tier you select  

I paid to be bumped up from economy to standard. The order was worked on and shipped back to me within a week. The other 5 orders I had got moved over to grading/quality control and will probably be done by next week.

Not sure who told you about how the queue system works, but it seems like to me when you give CGC more money, work magically gets done. Your pile that would sit there for 5 months is now done in 2 weeks.

They should have never had super low prices to begin with. 8 dollars to grade a card within 20-30 days, or even 50-60 just sounds insanely unrealistic now a days. I guess 100-110 days sounds more realistic, but even then, when they are now officially the only game in town, still sounds too good to be true. Its more like CGC is making unrealistic expectations than anything. Its like how my neighborhood said they would give out pizza to everyone the other day. Yeah that sounds nice, but with 100+ apartments in the neighborhood, it just didnt make sense and it wasnt a shocker that people didnt get pizza.