• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions about comic book storage

5 posts in this topic

I am building out an area in my loft for my comic book collection. I already have the BCW box house shells and BCW cardboard boxes. I was wondering if anyone can answer two questions for me.

1.       Do the BCW plastic bins fit in the BCW box house shells?

2.       Are top loaders worth it to help protect my books? And will bronze and modern age books in polypropylene bags with backings fit in current comic toploader holder? Or should take the books out of their bags and then put them in the toploaders?

Thanks,

1 hour ago, XjYoZbQ said:

I thought Top Loaders were only used for displaying comics or mailing them? A Mylar2 and Fullback is all you need.

I would agree with this.

The mylites2 + fullbacks are by far the best for storing/preserving.

1 hour ago, RonJR13 said:

I am building out an area in my loft for my comic book collection. I already have the BCW box house shells and BCW cardboard boxes. I was wondering if anyone can answer two questions for me.

1.       Do the BCW plastic bins fit in the BCW box house shells?

2.       Are top loaders worth it to help protect my books? And will bronze and modern age books in polypropylene bags with backings fit in current comic toploader holder? Or should take the books out of their bags and then put them in the toploaders?

Thanks,

Skip the toploaders and just put them in Mylites/Fullback.

Also, if you have a dedicated area for your collection, I personally recommend a book shelf.

On 4/2/2021 at 12:33 PM, ExNihilo said:

Skip the toploaders and just put them in Mylites/Fullback.

Also, if you have a dedicated area for your collection, I personally recommend a book shelf.

Thanks for the replies. All my stuff is in BCW bags and backings so I will just leave them as is. 

I do have a dedicated area and everything right now is in long boxes, in BCW box shells (houses) except my slabbed, graded stuff. I have that stuff hanging on a wall. 

Thanks again for the advice.