• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Robservations with Rob Liefeld
2 2

54 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Maybe CGC will start grading these too. Then we will get reports like "I sent in my Pet Rock in to be graded. I'm pretty sure this chip wasn't there when I sent it in. Hopefully they make things right."

"PGM Pet Rock"

8.0 as is. Press and clean maybe 9.2

The pressers would then offer polish and clean services. 

Guess then we could tell people to kick rocks.. 

Well, in before the lock. 

I did briefly meet him in 2019 at the Emerald City Comic Con and thought he was a good enough guy. Took time for everyone in line and was genial and joking. I'll leave art criticism aside as a 3 year old can draw better than I do but got my Deadpool print signed and hanging on the wall.

On 4/2/2021 at 6:38 PM, newshane said:

To succeed wildly at something that you're actually terrible at doing. 

I would normally applaud such astonishing overachievement, but that would mean applauding a system based on anything but meritocracy. Think of all of the legitimate artists who will die unknown and poor. Then, you have straight bums making millions. How does this even happen? 

Networking. 

1 hour ago, Randall Ries said:

Tons of people did. It was one of the most popular novelties in US pop culture.

"Tarnation"?

Well that's just sad that people bought this!

I wanted to say WTF! but can't swear on the boards!

1 hour ago, Randall Ries said:

Maybe CGC will start grading these too. Then we will get reports like "I sent in my Pet Rock in to be graded. I'm pretty sure this chip wasn't there when I sent it in. Hopefully they make things right."

"PGM Pet Rock"

8.0 as is. Press and clean maybe 9.2

You can clean a rock but I don't think you can press it ....................

8 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

Well that's just sad that people bought this!

I wanted to say WTF! but can't swear on the boards!

There were plenty of these type of things.  (thumbsudog34.jpg.3d95cfedf169c11a02d9926634ce1e11.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Beware invisible dogs!

2 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

Are you trying to get Pernts for me?

As Seinfeld said "WHo are all these people" lol

The same ones buying Raw Marvel Series One cards as " Rookie Cards " and spending hundreds or thousands on common graded comics. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Sucker born every minute.

I never know what to say to celebrities when I meet them. Met Donald Sutherland once. Took an IMMEDIATE dislike to one another. Met Garry Trudeau. THAT was awesome. He did a talk. Took questions from the audience. He took one of mine: "How did you and Robert Altman meet?" Reasonable enough. At the end, there was a line and he was signing books etc. It got to be my turn and I handed him a Doonesbury paperback and my paper insert for my "Tanner '88" DVD.

Me: "Hello! So nice to meet you! Thanks for your craft. It has made my life a lot better."

Garry: "Thank YOU! I'm glad to hear that!"

Goes south. For some reason, I went on a stream of consciousness and referred to the Norwegian native tongue:

Me: "The Norwegian language sounds like an avalanche."

Garry. Looking quizzically at me: "You think? I think it's beautiful!"

Me: "Me too. It's very lilting."

GAAAAAHHHH.

My 2 cents - He clearly still LOVES comics.  Constructive criticism - he ends up repeating the same things over and over b/c its a monologue.  A 2 person format would help steer the conversation and not get it hung up on certain repetitions.  Clearly has a plan of what he wants to communicate and that is what he repeats.