• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
6 6

2,566 posts in this topic

To cut down on the number of threads. please use this thread to discuss turn around times for your card submissions.  If you start a new thread to discuss this topic, it may get removed.  

Bulk Received 12/29

I asked paul if how cgc will respond to the influx of new business from psa. he said cgc will hire more people and not care what psa is doing

thats exactly why i paid to cut the line for my 5 other submissions. a dumpster fire is in the making

10 hours ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Bulk Received 12/29

I asked paul if how cgc will respond to the influx of new business from psa. he said cgc will hire more people and not care what psa is doing

thats exactly why i paid to cut the line for my 5 other submissions. a dumpster fire is in the making

they're working on value orders from like 10 days before that.
I have an economy from january, and I'm completely in the dark.

12 hours ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Bulk Received 12/29

Well, they should pay attention to PSA whether they follow in their footsteps or not. It's better to learn from other people's mistakes than your own. Also since this is my first post and it's on a thread about TAT estimates that I paid almost 3 months ago for a service that is now going to be 300% slower than estimated. They probably are making a good business move by taking their time with growing. But it's a bad look and they seem apathetic to the situation. Personally I will steer people away from them in the future like I would a contractor who cant meet their estimates. Whether they are a good company overall or not (especially compared to other garding company's) I'm not sure, but my personal experience has been poor. 

3 hours ago, Drewbydoo said:

Well, they should pay attention to PSA whether they follow in their footsteps or not. It's better to learn from other people's mistakes than your own. Also since this is my first post and it's on a thread about TAT estimates that I paid almost 3 months ago for a service that is now going to be 300% slower than estimated. They probably are making a good business move by taking their time with growing. But it's a bad look and they seem apathetic to the situation. Personally I will steer people away from them in the future like I would a contractor who cant meet their estimates. Whether they are a good company overall or not (especially compared to other garding company's) I'm not sure, but my personal experience has been poor. 

With a contractor, you'd have a lawsuit. There'd also be a contract, though...

7 hours ago, Drewbydoo said:

To be fair, Paul is just a customer support rep and not a main decision maker, so its not like what hes telling me is really what the company means.

The work CGC does in itself seems fine. Im not in love with their methology behind how they get the grading score (since it seems like a bunch of made up BS) but overall, service itself is fine I guess? Not really much different than any other grading company really. Most grades seem kinda consistent but then some are just extremely subjective.

In terms of how they are handling orders, yeah its making no sense. The fact that I can pay them 12 more bucks and have an order that wouldnt get done in 3-4 months get magically moved to grading and shipped 2 weeks later, is extremely sketchy. There was basically an unofficial price spike it seems like. And when they are giving out lower grades and their high end stuff isnt hitting similar values to PSA, yeah I cant see myself running it back with this company. Like dont get me wrong, I dont like PSA at all since I dealt with them and its miserable, but at the same time, if they are offering the most money resale wise and both these companies are headaches to deal with, well I guess then Im just going to go where the most money is if customer support sucks all over.

Also CGC only grading Pokemon/MTG and having Sports being a seperate company is another reason I wouldnt go back. Im personally getting sick of Pokemon outside of selling it and am starting to shift more towards Yugioh since its criminally undervalued and the crowd is less drama in general, but CGC isnt adding Yugioh anytime soon, or if they did then its another 2 years of TAT LOL. So I might start hunting down only high end Yugioh and Pokemon and paying 75 with SGC. 1 week turn around time and no BS, they were on point. Even with a walkthrough with CGC, it took me 3 weeks to get a 9 on a Charizard VMAX Shiny that had zero issues and would easily be a 10 or a 9.5 with another company. It just seems like the boat has sailed on CGC. They started off good but like anything, they were ruined by social media.

Edited by geraldfordfan69

9 hours ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

To be fair, Paul is just a customer support rep and not a main decision maker, so its not like what hes telling me is really what the company means.

The work CGC does in itself seems fine. Im not in love with their methology behind how they get the grading score (since it seems like a bunch of made up BS) but overall, service itself is fine I guess? Not really much different than any other grading company really. Most grades seem kinda consistent but then some are just extremely subjective.

In terms of how they are handling orders, yeah its making no sense. The fact that I can pay them 12 more bucks and have an order that wouldnt get done in 3-4 months get magically moved to grading and shipped 2 weeks later, is extremely sketchy. There was basically an unofficial price spike it seems like. And when they are giving out lower grades and their high end stuff isnt hitting similar values to PSA, yeah I cant see myself running it back with this company. Like dont get me wrong, I dont like PSA at all since I dealt with them and its miserable, but at the same time, if they are offering the most money resale wise and both these companies are headaches to deal with, well I guess then Im just going to go where the most money is if customer support sucks all over.

Also CGC only grading Pokemon/MTG and having Sports being a seperate company is another reason I wouldnt go back. Im personally getting sick of Pokemon outside of selling it and am starting to shift more towards Yugioh since its criminally undervalued and the crowd is less drama in general, but CGC isnt adding Yugioh anytime soon, or if they did then its another 2 years of TAT LOL. So I might start hunting down only high end Yugioh and Pokemon and paying 75 with SGC. 1 week turn around time and no BS, they were on point. Even with a walkthrough with CGC, it took me 3 weeks to get a 9 on a Charizard VMAX Shiny that had zero issues and would easily be a 10 or a 9.5 with another company. It just seems like the boat has sailed on CGC. They started off good but like anything, they were ruined by social media.

LOL Paul is the Director of Product Development 

Honestly, this is my first experience with them...I was dipping my toes in the water... And tbh I feel sick about the situation.... 64 cards being held up.. I'm at the beginning of the process.. Everyone is just paying to cut the line.  They should have not stopped grading the should have stopped accepting new memberships, but alas what am I other than another insufficiently_thoughtful_person

On 4/3/2021 at 2:01 PM, geraldfordfan69 said:

The real problem is your last point. CGC grades cards for robots with microscopes and computers. They ding your cards for imperfections the human eye cant even see. They really need to loosen up on their grades and realize they are hurting their brand with these unrealistic grading practices. No one wants to collect 9.5s, its just reality. Stop hurting your own brand with this nonsense. 

On 4/2/2021 at 9:17 PM, geraldfordfan69 said:

Bulk Received 12/29

There is another possibility where the future is not so bleak.  

There seems to be a problem with the grading of Pokemon cards in general across multiple companies and the problem is obviously the sheer volume of submissions.  I absolutely agree with you that this is a dumpster fire in the making across all companies. But that leads to two questions: 

• What are the actual causes of the dumpster fire across all companies?
  • What will the impact be? 

I am not a CGC apologist. If it was JUST CGC experiencing problems then surely the problem would lie on CGC.  When everyone is experiencing problems then the root of the problem might be coming from someplace else.  Keep in mind that there really are only two comic book grading companies and no one is seeing anything like what we are seeing with cards.

The sudden explosion in the card market over the last two years seems to be driving people into submitting everything and anything.   When it comes to comics people are reluctant to submit books when, "Value of comic < Grading and associated fees".    By the admission of some posters they are submitting cards that may not necessarily be worth getting graded. 

So I have some questions.

• Are there collectors that are grading cards or people looking to flip?  Because if there are more people looking to flip, do you think that this will cause an oversaturation of graded pokemon cards that would normally be considered common cards?  
  • Oversaturation would normally cause prices to recede.  If the market corrects itself will people still submit as many cards?
  • Would raising prices on grading cards alleviate the matter?  At the lowest tier, why not submit junk cards just to have it graded.  By raising prices, would Pokemon collectors be more selective in what they submit for grading OR is the mindset to have a fully graded set of a certain set of cards regardless of value? 

The root of the problem seems to be the sheer glut of cards that no company seems capable of handling right now.   It's like if a dam broke and the card collectors were expecting the card companies to accommodate it.  No matter how many pumps you have on hand the valley cannot accommodate flood once the dam breaks. 

So maybe something has to change and perhaps it is the culture of what deserves to be graded and what does not in order for TAT's to become more on track.

Edited by Buzzetta

20 minutes ago, TheBESTCLuTch said:

Can this just be a thread with TAT?  Every discussion doesn’t have to be about about ideas. Stop using the service if you don’t like it. Complain in one thread. 

Beat me to it....what I had just typed up:

Any chance we can get a data ONLY - no discussion pinned thread for the following?

Fill in as applicable:

• Submission Type:
  • Delivered:
  • Received:
  • Scheduled for Grading:
  • Grading/Quality Control:
  • Finalized/Imaged/Shipped:

Buzzetta has a great post above, and it's definitely worthy of it's own thread for discussion.