• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
7 7

2,601 posts in this topic

Hey, at least if you sent in anything modern it will come back vintage - look on the bright side! They'll either sit at home collecting dust (possibly getting damaged), all the while you're wishing you had sent them in, or they can sit over at CGC and eventually return back to you graded and dazzling. Shrug. We're talking about luxury cardboard items.

4 minutes ago, Eric Sorensen said:

Hey, at least if you sent in anything modern it will come back vintage - look on the bright side! They'll either sit at home collecting dust (possibly getting damaged), all the while you're wishing you had sent them in, or they can sit over at CGC and eventually return back to you graded and dazzling. Shrug. We're talking about luxury cardboard items.

Thats def true, will be vintage by the time they are done with them lol

56 bulk a/o subs - received 12/17, still received. 
2 walkthrough - received 4/4, finalized, (Rapid Strike Urshifu vmax 170/163  grade- 9.5) (Tyranitar V 155/163 grade- 9.5)

8 express - received 3/23, grading 4/9, still grading

Standard submission received late March, still not showing in system. 

3 hours ago, Deha88 said:

It’s really starting to hurt seeing that 17 day TaT time while my express is on day business day 12 and still not scheduled for grading. 

That sounds right about where it should be. Very often on the Express and Walkthrough orders they go Scheduled to Grading/ Grading/Quality Control, and Finalized/Imaged/Shipped all within a couple days which could still happen and meet the 17 day TaT.

22 hours ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

They probably need to cut off recent years from grading. For sports, at least 5 years. These rookies need to prove themselves in their leagues. As good as Luka and Zion look, it just takes one bad injury and they are next Greg Oden. Imagine if everyone was grading Greg Odon or Johnny Menzel the way they are grading these new players LOL. 

For Pokemon, anything that is standard legal should not be allowed to be graded, so the last 2 years worth of cards should be cut out. Cards should have to rotate out of standard gameplay before they can be sent in. Grading sets that are not even a month old is getting ridiculous. Stacks of Shining Fates cards that are not even a few months old and are sub 5 dollars continue to flood and jam up the system. If people wanna grade whatever, then they would pay a premium for newer cards. If not then they have to wait. It seems like common sense but it seems like most companies are just not seeing it for some reason. 

Couldn't agree more, it would be nice to see them set limits on what items can be graded at this time....but they won't, unless every company sets the same standard. Of course there's lots of 9/9.5's out there of newer material, look at the saturation of the market at the moment, you can't find products on shelves anywhere.... a move like this would help to control the market influx also, make it more about collecting and trading... but that's anti-intuitive from a group that's getting paid to value cards....CGC's only concern right now is getting orders completed and getting paid. And they need to get better at the "getting orders completed" part. 

ALL RECIEVED 3/26 (Properly labeled, organized, etc).

• Bulk - Qty 42
  • Bulk - Qty 24
  • Standard w subgrades - Qty 9

No movement since "received" 3/26. Will update when something moves. 

UPDATE 4/26/21:  Standard (received 3/26) moved to "Scheduled for Grading" (4/26/21) 

UPDATE 5/6/21: Moved from "Scheduled for Grading" 4/26 to "GRADING/QA" (5/5/21)

Edited by TheRealGritty

37 minutes ago, TheRealGritty said:

Couldn't agree more, it would be nice to see them set limits on what items can be graded at this time....but they won't, unless every company sets the same standard. Of course there's lots of 9/9.5's out there of newer material, look at the saturation of the market at the moment, you can't find products on shelves anywhere.... a move like this would help to control the market influx also, make it more about collecting and trading... but that's anti-intuitive from a group that's getting paid to value cards....CGC's only concern right now is getting orders completed and getting paid. And they need to get better at the "getting orders completed" part. 

I just see price increases happening, which isnt the worst thing ever but limiting what year you can grade would be better. There basically was an unofficial price increase. If you send in bulk, its basically not coming back for a year if it was sent in after late January/February at the rate they are working on that tier, but if you pay $20 for standard (with membership) then it comes back within a month or two. I just wish CGC just announced a price increase but instead we get this passive aggressive business behavior that IMO is extremely weak. I had to upgrade to standard to get my orders out from them. Wasnt thrilled since I sent in some new stuff that I probably shouldnt have but didnt think bulk would end up being almost a year TAT. I probably will lose money on it and its my mistake, but just annoying never the less.

But I agree too that new stuff shouldnt be slabbed so quickly. We are heading into an era of junk slabs in that in the long term, the saturation of slabs is going to flood the market. Ive stopped grading anything thats before Black & White for this reason. Even the new stuff I graded was mostly left overs from packs that I had that I couldnt sell very easily, but Ill just open less packs and sell sealed or buylist my left overs. All my modern slabs are just going to get dumped on the auction house since its just a matter of when they will crash. Not how but when and my prediction is probably in early 2022 when the hype for Pokemon finally dies off with the 25th anniversary coming and going.

On 4/6/2021 at 3:30 AM, DonLaGreca said:

The real problem is your last point. CGC grades cards for robots with microscopes and computers. They ding your cards for imperfections the human eye cant even see. They really need to loosen up on their grades and realize they are hurting their brand with these unrealistic grading practices. No one wants to collect 9.5s, its just reality. Stop hurting your own brand with this nonsense. 

No. Lol.

Did 3 orders. Two are complete - a little over the TaT advertised but still faster than other grading services.

Walkthrough - COMPLETE

• Delivered 03/24
  • Received 03/30
  • Shipped 04/05

Express

• Delivered 03/11
  • Received 03/16
  • Shipped 04/13

Standard (13 cards)

• Delivered 03/24
  • Received - N/A ?

6 hours ago, TheRealGritty said:

ALL RECIEVED 3/26 (Properly labeled, organized, etc).

• Bulk - Qty 42
  • Bulk - Qty 24
  • Standard w subgrades - Qty 9

No movement since "received" 3/26. Will update when something moves. 

I have a 64 card bulk order in, we still have like 2 weeks till they are even gunna hit our packages.. someone said last week they were working on packages from week of 3/8, was yours logged? Or just signed for I sorta wanna follow your timing see how consistent they are.  Since ours were both delivered the same day

On 4/12/2021 at 4:39 PM, jd619641 said:

Standard delivered: 3/15

Received: N/A

Bump. If they are currently working on packages delivered the week of 3/15 and my package was delivered in the morning of 3/15, how has it still not been received now going on Wednesday?

2 minutes ago, jd619641 said:

Bump. If they are currently working on packages delivered the week of 3/15 and my package was delivered in the morning of 3/15, how has it still not been received now going on Wednesday?

Assuming a question for support.  They have responded to me each time pretty swiftly.  I'm a first time grader and sent 3 concerns so far. Lol

1 minute ago, C1one said:

Assuming a question for support.  They have responded to me each time pretty swiftly.  I'm a first time grader and sent 3 concerns so far. Lol

Every time I email support, I always seem to get what looks like a generic email from the same guy. I guess I need to call tomorrow.

2 hours ago, DonLaGreca said:

Yes. Lol.

Strict grading is why I came to CGC along with its pricing. It’s a differentiating factor from competitors like PSA that are becoming more lax in their standards as of late.