• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does autograph and sketch with names adressed to bothers you
2 2

48 posts in this topic

The title says it all,me im divided,sometimes it bothers me,but it depends what.a sketch or oa dont bothets me much but only an autograph on picture or comics its a big no for me.two that i have that dont bothers me.hope to hear your opinion on the matter!

$_1.jpeg.jpg

20210119_133031.jpg

I actually like it better than just autograph-it's a slice of history and adds to the age factor.
No one has a letter from Ben Franklin addressed to them.

1 minute ago, kav said:

I actually like it better than just autograph-it's a slice of history and adds to the age factor.
No one has a letter from Ben Franklin addressed to them.

Never tought about it that way,but artists still active,does it bothers you?

24 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Never tought about it that way,but artists still active,does it bothers you?

Not at all.  Even recent works are a part of history. Personalized stuff just adds dimension to piece.  I do not need i to be addressed to me.
Hell I had an R Crumb piece he sent me when I was a teen-it was dated by him on my actual birthday.  I kept it for years but sold it when i needed money.

I dislike even yellow label sigs.  Can't get over the feeling that, regardless of the signature, it's defacing the book.  If you personally had it signed, then maybe it's okay if it's something like Spider Man #1 regular cover or something, but high end books?  No way.  Even worse is autographs that you weren't even there for.  And then a level even below that would be ones that include some random person's name.

33 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

I dislike even yellow label sigs.  Can't get over the feeling that, regardless of the signature, it's defacing the book.  If you personally had it signed, then maybe it's okay if it's something like Spider Man #1 regular cover or something, but high end books?  No way.  Even worse is autographs that you weren't even there for.  And then a level even below that would be ones that include some random person's name.

I concur 

My comments were regarding art and whatnot I also do not like writing on cover no matter who does it.  The book is defaced.

5 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

The key being that you were there for it personally.

Heck yes! Half the fun was watching him do it and being able to talk to him while he did it..,

Funny thing was a CGC dude wanting to “witness it” and encouraging me to slab it. :roflmao:

F10E1F24-75A3-4815-A739-27083E1E2F37.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

2 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:
18 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I personally asked for this one to be defaced. Not a regret in the world...

The key being that you were there for it personally.

Obviously there is a "market" for it, your right to your opinion is validated as its not for everyone,  but when he is gone that book is either going into the trash or into the market...

So done in person or not is a preference, but it's all got a price to it in the end and that cheapens it for some.

In the end, people go whole hog and that is why there is a signature series program, and most dont want it personalized. I've had stuff personalized but it was either on a print or inside the cover. Most comic covers had a sig printed on the cover, but if a hand done one is a obnoxious then I could see the need for it to mean something to someone in the end, harder to pass along personalized memorabilia, which sig books eventually become  :)

3 hours ago, kav said:

Not at all.  Even recent works are a part of history. Personalized stuff just adds dimension to piece.  I do not need i to be addressed to me.
Hell I had an R Crumb piece he sent me when I was a teen-it was dated by him on my actual birthday.  I kept it for years but sold it when i needed money.

Terry Zwigoff's Crumb documentary is still one of the best documentaries I have ever seen.

4 minutes ago, ender said:

I like the ones I have gotten, and asked usually for the personalization, knowing that eventually that would reduce the value if I sell it to someone else.

image.jpg

magnificent

10 minutes ago, ender said:

I like the ones I have gotten, and asked usually for the personalization, knowing that eventually that would reduce the value if I sell it to someone else.

image.jpg

I would buy that no problem wow its beautifull!(worship)